What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DEA Raiding CCC in Roseville Right Now!

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Roseville Medical Marijuana Store Reopens

Roseville Medical Marijuana Store Reopens

ROSEVILLE, Calif. --
Just days after federal agents raided a Roseville medical marijuana shop, the "open" sign is back up and customers are lining up.

Last Friday, agents from the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration shut down the store -- Capitol Compassionate Care -- while they executed a search warrant. They seized boxes full of marijuana, computer equipment and patient records.

"What I've read in the search warrant is that they've taken those records and sealed them. They're not supposed to be visible to anybody," said storeowner Richard Marino.

Marino said agents also seized a couple hundred plants from the backyard of his home in Newcastle. So, where is he getting the marijuana that he's selling now?

"I happen to have some reserves. And so, that's what we're using, our reserves," Marino said.

"Wherever they got it, God bless 'em," said Yuba City resident John Fick.

"I was surprised. And at the same time, I was overjoyed," said Sacramento resident Neoma Denny.

Customers said there's less selection to choose from now and receipts have to be written out by hand. But for now, there seems to be no shortage of medical marijuana.

At the federal courthouse in Sacramento Wednesday, a dozen medical marijuana supporters protested against this most recent raid. But they also said that -- in some ways -- the federal government is actually helping their cause.

"Every time the DEA attacks another medical marijuana facility, the public awareness of medical marijuana rights goes up. The support for medical marijuana patients goes up," said Americas for Safe Access spokeswoman Hilary McQuie.

In the eight years since California voters approved Proposition 215, support for medical marijuana has gone from 56 percent to 74 percent. And the number of medical marijuana stores has grown to about 100.

Backers of medical marijuana said the drug is going to seriously ill patients, but research shows that is not always the case. A study by the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws shows that 40 percent of medical pot users get the drug to control chronic pain, and almost one-quarter use it for AIDS-related illnesses. Others request the marijuana because of mood disorders.

by The KCRA Channel

Latest posts

Latest posts