What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very quick, quick dry method

B

Bubble Puppy

Mr. Nevermind said:
there werent any metal objects in the microwave. Just a bud on the glass in the microwave. It has to do with the moisture in the bud and the waves hitting them. Microwaves when heating a liquid are dangerous if there is something touching the liquid. Like when you boil water in the microwave. If you dont put anything in the cup the water will get hot but wont bubble or boil. But if you put a wood toothpick in the water it will biol and bubble. Same deal. Its dangerous throwing a bud in the nuker and not watching it. sounds like this method is a bit safer but i wanted to post so peopel knwo if left unattended that they can cause a fire is all.

Just want the people to play safe.

Nevermind

Ya have to put another object in there.Like a cup of water..Piece of food .for the thing to zap ..Or youll get all kinds of sparks and shit

I'm surprised nobody here mentioned food dehydrators. I bought a 600W Excalibur 9 tray model with a 26 hour timer & a 0-160 temp adjustment knob. Set it at 85 degrees for 12 hours & took 5 days off my drying time. I jar them right after for 24 hours to re-moisten, then into pizza boxes for 2 days, back to the jars, then check moisture every day till it's all good.
No harm done to the trics at that temp & the popcorn buds are ready to smoke the next morning. I always hang dry the big, main buds in my closet till they're ready for the masons, but in comparing the differences, i found the buzz to be exactly the same. Microwaves & toster ovens fry the trics unless you have perfect timing. I was never that desperate to get high that i couldn't wait till the next morning.
The only disadvantage is that you perfume up the kitchen unless you run it in a filterd box or mask it with pine-sol in a bubbler. I just don't invite anybody over for a couple of days & enjoy the smell everytime i walk thru the kitchen.

Peace, OY

cosmoline

This method works very well, best taste out of any of the quick drying methods (oven, ballast,vape). If you didn't flush your plant enough metals in the stems will start sparks in your microwave, to prevent this place a glass of water with 2 fingers of water in it. I guess its a good way to tell how flushed your plant is. Peace.

_Dude

I saw this thread looking for quick ways to dry my harvest, and wanted to thank the author. I have no other methods to compare it to, but using it during my last harvest I stayed high as a kite smoking my small bottom nugs throughout the last few weeks of flowering.

Worked for me.

F

ForbiddenFruit

Same here I did the same thing Dude, this does work and is probably the quickest way to get high off a sample.

The draw back of this method is that the microwave boils out all the flavor, you can smell the flavor in the vapor. The bud does get you high but im wondering if the high is at full potential I kind of doubt it.

Cool method overall

Orestes

Heh, who needs a microwave... Toaster oven on 'keep warm', wrap bud in paper towel/napkin/toilet paper, wrap paper in aluminum foil... i'm waiting for that 'ding' any minute now

100PoundHarvest

I just cut a couple popcorn buds off of some of my girls to try them out and the steam dry method works pretty good for quick drying. The smell and taste pretty much suck after but i threw em in a jar with some orange peels and mango skins and after about 3 hours of that they tasted very fruity.

jump117

Veteran
Hey try QuickAmber instead of any dry methods it works quicker and gives glass-amber quality in 15 minutes from cutting.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
You should be able to vaporize the THC off of a freshly cut bud without any drying.

perfectnug420

i sometimes put my "testers" in my 6" exhaust coming out of the lights,the air dries it in a day with good taste and potency.It does not taste green,nor does it smell like hay or tea.But i belive the best way is to slow dry and cure.

perfectnug420

Ive tried every method oven drying on low 120-200degrees for 20-25min,puttin it in my exhaust,putting it on a ballast,and im finally tring this one buds were completely dry within 4 minutes absolutely amazing (would not recommend doing this with your full harvest though)

Weed dried super fast like this tastes so bad!! Guys dont take my post wrong...I mean no harm...but if you just build a dryer box and dry it for a week..it would be ten times better and crispy to smoke..It would retain all of its potency as well

All my grow books say applying heat to fresh MJ is so BAD...it ruins it

It degrades the potency becuz the weed is still wet and the starches in the leaves and stems have not been given time to break down with it

Hovz

Just tested this and it works good, i might have over dryed mine, it lost most its stickyness but you could still see the crystals. I just did a little taster branch, my crop is at day 40 flowering, but i think they will be done by day 50-55.

C

cracker420

and also worked great for me 2!!! thanks!! way more potent this way