What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

315 to much for a 2x4x6?

DerpeneTerpene

Trying to dial in my environment for. 2 plant micro grow. The room just runs too hot and the humidity got as low as 30% in a basement. I’m currently running an in-line fan and a inline filter for air exchange. currently have an eBay 315 that I want to dial in ASAP, but it’s an all in one and to me the ballast runs hot. Any ideas on how to get my environment together?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not too much. Not enough. In an rectangular foot print, you are better off with two lamps.

2' x 4' to me is 2x400w. I'm running 2x315w in 2.5' x 5' essentially.

dank.Frank

DerpeneTerpene

Not too much. Not enough. In an rectangular foot print, you are better off with two lamps.

2' x 4' to me is 2x400w. I'm running 2x315w in 2.5' x 5' essentially.

dank.Frank

Do you have cooling issues? At worst I was at 90•f. I’m planning on actually hanging my fan and filter this go round to get the hot air out of the top, as well as possibly running a fan directly under the lamp. If all else fails, place the ballast outside the tent.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Tcurrently have an eBay 315 that I want to dial in ASAP, but it’s an all in one and to me the ballast runs hot. Any ideas on how to get my environment together?

i toooo have '2' ebay 315's (hydro crunch brand) - in a 4x3.5' ft tent - my ballasts are external and i have them outside the tent - the temps r in the range of 75/80 daytime, and low 60's at nite - i'm adding '2' cheapo 300w led's , as i don't think 2 315;s was enough lite last grow-

i have a window fan blowing air in during the day - and its off during lites out - also have a small fan blowing air from the opposite direction to keep temps down - unfort mine is not an ideal growing environment, but its the only space i have to grow..

Koondense

Veteran
Any ideas on how to get my environment together?

You could customize the cooling but will likely require some extra research and improvising with the build.
Or you can return the light and get some leds, it would be way easier to control temps and light spread ;)

Cheers

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you have cooling issues? At worst I was at 90•f. I’m planning on actually hanging my fan and filter this go round to get the hot air out of the top, as well as possibly running a fan directly under the lamp. If all else fails, place the ballast outside the tent.

No heat issues. Use a 6" Vortex to exhaust the air into a lung room and pull passive fresh air into the flower. In the summer, I use A/C in the lung room. Rapid air exchanges keeps temps in check. Never below 65 and never above 78. My grow is fully framed and insulated though, which helps keep things in the desire thresholds.

dank.Frank

DerpeneTerpene

You could customize the cooling but will likely require some extra research and improvising with the build.
Or you can return the light and get some leds, it would be way easier to control temps and light spread ;)

Cheers

Iknowright. I’m certain the wife won’t let me but yet another light. But I’m thinking led might be the way to go without having to build a window exchange, swing as I’m as handy as an infant and the tools required to do so would cost more than a COB set up.

DerpeneTerpene

No heat issues. Use a 6" Vortex to exhaust the air into a lung room and pull passive fresh air into the flower. In the summer, I use A/C in the lung room. Rapid air exchanges keeps temps in check. Never below 65 and never above 78. My grow is fully framed and insulated though, which helps keep things in the desire thresholds.

dank.Frank
I’m going to hang the in-line higher to get some of the hot air outside as I’m at the top floor of my building and figure this out before my next go round. Thank so much for the advice.

Latest posts

Latest posts