What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100% ORGANIC new grow tips and help. Do i start right?

jrelax

Hello

Now it begains again.

NEW GROW.
Its illegal here. Im nervous, my stress level is hi. I need relax.
Its not easy relax grow weed when its illegal . Bad politics here :(

OK

I now want show my grow start full organic.

Is this ok ?

Please help.
What is needed to change?

i am not picasso or smart either. I am sick, i try me best only.
LOVE TO ALL

first potting is already done. Help me fix this better for next time or is it ok?

Help me make better last potting to big smart pots please, or is that i write ok ?

Also watering.
I am not good at this now. I grow on open room. 3x3 m.
my cannas grow in 1x1 m only. lots of big room air.
Humidy cant be controlled at all.-
PICTURE NEXT

THANX 2 ALL peacve

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
With my most humble advice... Get yourself a tent to control your environment. It will be a lot easier to control than trying to control and open 10ft x 10ft space! If you are only growing "personal" medicine a 3x3x6 foot (100x100x200 cm) tent is more that adequate.

jrelax

With my most humble advice... Get yourself a tent to control your environment. It will be a lot easier to control than trying to control and open 10ft x 10ft space! If you are only growing "personal" medicine a 3x3x6 foot (100x100x200 cm) tent is more that adequate.

Hey

Yes this is true.

In my tent i was wery succefull.

120X120 600hps i make 300g dry at my first grow.
roots was almost pure white

Now in open room it goes real bad.

I will fix my 120x120 tent again.
Buid it upp and let them go in there then.

I must do it now i think.

THAnx for advice that

jrelax

hmmm, anyway ok i do it in my old tent now.

Is my first potting idea and second potting ok ?

watering ok maybe also?

What do i need change you think or know ?

PEACE

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
hmmm, anyway ok i do it in my old tent now.

Is my first potting idea and second potting ok ?

watering ok maybe also?

What do i need change you think or know ?

PEACE
Inmy humble opinion you need to keep things simple until you dial them in. Would I use that combo? No. I use 3gal fabric pots with HP Promix augmented with 25% perlite.

In the beginning I simply spritz the plants (read soil) right up until they get potted to the 3gal pots where, they will then receive 1/2l of water when watered and 1/2l of nutrients when feeding. Your goal is to W D D F D D W. As they grow and your moisture meter will tell you when to augment to 1l (or more, not there yet) per watering/feeding regimen. I like to water my plants when they sit on the line between moist and dry. I am @ week 4 of flower on 3 of them and week 2 for the other 2 (long story). That is where I am at this time around and I know conclusively that this grow will have a good yield. As you, I over watered my 1st grow and didn't dial in my VPD <--- VPD is as important as feeding and watering.

Instead of trying new methods, why don't you do what works for you, and forget the crowd :)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From an organic soil standing, I disagree with pretty much everything in your post. You are looking at this more like hydroponics with organic labeled bottles. Could be a good thread in the soil section, but the organic soil section, is more about amendments, soil building and recycling.

That's not a slam, but you should realize this sub-forum takes a different approach to growing and it's just this side of religious here.

You need to learn to make a base soil that is consistent in the entire container. You need to learn to amend the soil so all you have to do is water.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=263724

Your goals may be different, but I think fundamentally, we are all trying to produce the best possible cannabis we can. The key with organic soil and the entire purpose of it is to allow the plant to be in direct control and to reduce variables that result from human introduced mechanisms.

I suggest you look at the Organics for Beginners sticky and start reading. Go with one of those LC base soil mixes and utilize the fertilizers you have. Even if you simply start with a LC mix and the lime additions to mitigate pH, you'll realize just how much easier a garden can be when the soil and the plant do all the work for you.

dank.Frank

CrushnYuba

I think you are way overthinking it.
Just get simple balanced organic soil mix. Fill the pot with it. Put Your plant in. Water it. There are a ton of soil recipes on here.
Start the plant in a small pot in a starter mix that isn't too hot, plant it into a bigger pot with a hot mix. Give it nothing but Water. Adjust from there.

Organic it's supposed too be easier.

I should mention that there is allot of bagged soil that comes amended. You won't have to mess with amendments until you reuse that soil in your second run.

bigbadbiddy

If OP is really in Denmark, I would check for locally sourced Kelp meal and Crab Shell meal.

If you can find both, you basically have all you need to get an organic soil going. Peat moss, Perlite and Earthworm Castings can be ordered online if necessary from lots of sources (although a good local worm guy is worth a lot but you can also just start your own worm bin and make your own castings, saves money, little extra work).

The Crab Shell meal could also be replaced by various other amendments.
There are several threads like the organics for beginners sticky in this sub-section of the forum.

The layering you propose in the pics you posted are also not really what "it is about". I don't think that will do much if anything.

When you have an organic soil mix, you don't need to layer anything or consider how much perlite is where in the pot etc.

You just fill the pot with your organic soil mix and plant your seedling in it and you are done. Just watering from now on.

Then you transplant to a bigger pot, when they rooted through your veg pot. The exact size of your vegetative pots and later flower pots, how many times you transplant etc. etc. is all up for debate.
To keep it simple, let's say you veg (vegetate) your plants in 1 gal pots and then plant them to 3 gal pots once rooted through the pot.
I would give them another week or so of veg once in the new pots to get acclimated and then flip the lightcycle to flower.

"Normally" you don't need anything but water in organic soil during flower either. But I have personally made the experience that some top dressing (adding more of the nutrient rich soil mix on top of the pots) during mid flower helps avoid the soil being depleted from this or that nutrient and the plant showing it during late flower. Another alternative would be a compost tea to give a mid-flower nutrient boost.
But this is all optional. You can definitely grow sublime organic herb by just adding water, provided your organic soil mix is "complete".

It is really one of the simplest forms of growing that produces (imho) the best quality bud out there.

The big hurdle is that you need to do the big work in advance. And also have the cost in advance.

But if you source the necessary ingredients to make an organic soil mix and are willing to pay for them, you already did the biggest part of the work.

Mix up the soil, have to let it "cook" (compost is a better word I think) for at least 2 weeks (I have planted after just 1 week before with no ill effects but definitely notice a better performance with my current soil that I let compost for a month before planting in it).
From here on out, you only need to put the soil in the pots, plant your seeds or plants in it and add water. Done

Now since OP has already started, I believe it will be a tall order to source all the necessary ingredients for the soil mix, get them, mix it, let it compost etc.
By then the plants will be growing too large (could be handled by topping and training the plants but then we get a bit more advanced).

So in this situation, I would say get a ready soil mix (Promix or whatever you can get) and use that for this flower run.
This is assuming that bottled nutrients labeled "organic" are already in the posession of OP. Then you can provide the nutrients for flower through the bottled nutrients for this run.

The following run, if organic growing is desired by OP, I would then source the ingredients for the soil mix well in advance, mix up the soil well in advance, letting it compost for a month if possible, and then grow organic from there on out.

The last thing to consider then for organic growing is that after you finish a run in your organic soil, you need to replenish the nutrients that were used up during the flowering of the plants.
You can simply top-dress (adding on top) all the nutrients you originally used for your soil mix (so in my example kelp meal, crab shell meal and earth worm castings). And then you are done.

Alternatively you can also shoot for "no-till" or "living soil" where you should probably still top-dress the used up nutrients but you don't necessary have to (or not as much). You can simply chop up the plants you harvested and throw that on top of your soil. The worms take care of the rest.

There is however much discussion about the container size for this. I have tried to achieve this in 5 gal containers and it doesn't seem to work all too well.
Most growers seem to be of the opinion that one should work with a large bed of soil, 10 gal or upward, instead of individual, smaller pots, for this to really "work".
I currently tend to agree with this but have not made up my mind completely, yet.

Hope this helps, good luck and get well OP

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need to learn to make a base soil that is consistent in the entire container

Again, listen to Frank. Whoever began this layers and spikes deal is under-educated in natural growing Keep it simple. Use your locally available materials.

jrelax

Hi everyone.

You are the most finest people ever.
All members here is so cute and helpfull.
I almost start cry.

This is so helpfull info.

I need natural medicine.
And the best is Cannabis.
Its sick, its illegale here. SICK politicans.

Anyway, goddamn you people here is best all.

I LOVE ALL OF YOU

thanx

i will buy camera soon, i will take pictures then and show also

CANNABIS IS LOVEMAKER. stop war now

Predjee

Hey JRelax,

I am in the same situation as you, i am a cancer patient and growing under illegal conditions.

I havent read trough your whole post, so maybe it's already been said.

Did you already set up your tent?
Your envirourment is important and get that under control.

I to am growing illegal and always stressed out. So get your tent up and then get your defensives set up.

That means get an premium a grade filter to filter out all the smell.
Use at least (if you use 600watt hps) 750 m3 filter with blower.

Buy a premium a grade blower that is silent. Invest in a variac controller so it makes no humms.

Use a diamater for your wind chanels as large as possible. To reduce the noice of your wind per m/s.

When you have your defensives set up, relax and focus on the grow.

Now, this is how i grow and i have been getting good results with this for the last 6 years, always yielding at least 0.8 grams the watt of excelent rich full of terpenes smelly hard buds. Sometimes i yield 1 gram a watt, but mostley arround 0.8

If you use 1,20 by 1,20m with 600 HPS.

Build a large pot with wood and pond foil so no watter can leak out. (you can check my IG on how i do it, my name is: 'superhotgenetics'

Make it 1,20 by 1,20 by 0,35 meter.

Fill it up with an all mix soil (heavy fertilized soil) i use a minum of 21 liter per plant, and i plant 25 plants on a space off 1,5 by 1,5 with 1200 watt dimlux light.

Mix 200 grams of mycorrhize fungus per 500 liter of soil.

So now you have a container, with xxxliter of heavy fertilized soil, mixed with mycorrhiza fungus.

Plant your plants. And add another 5 grams of mycorrhiza fungus per plant right next to the roots.

Now water your soil with water. I gave arround 10/15% of total soil (50 liters water on 500 liter soil)

The first 3 weeks you only give water, you give optional a little bit of root stimulater (i use bac bio) and you give bacteria.

Now the bacteria and mycorrhizza will form symbiosis with your plant roots and create life in your soil doing all sorts of benificial things for your plants and roots.

You only give water the first 3 weeks, because your soil is already heavily fertilized.

After 3 weeks i give 10ml per 10liter water of bac bio bloom and extra bacteria.

The last 2 weeks i give nothing more then water and bacteria and some sugar melasse.

you can not do it easier!
I promise you will get class a results with minimum efforts this way.

Then you can start your way up from there, cause this is the most simplistic form of bio/organic growing :p check my IG! believe me it's so simpleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You can get bacteria here!!! Dont use EXPENSIVE brands like bac or whatever for mycorrhiza or bacteria! This is the same at tenth the cost!!!!

https://www.bioplantenvoeding.nl/winkel/bacteriele-producten/colonize/ <------------- BACTERIA
https://www.intuinen.nl/mest-potgrond/mycorrhiza/symbivit <--------------------- MYCORRHIZA

Maybe you can get it in Denmark even cheaper, i dont know! But what i do now is; dont buy those from brands!!

BTW, if you do know a cheaper store in Denmark, please let me know :p And ditch the 600watthps and buy a nice dimlux 1200watt :p Denmark is colddddd, you will be happy with the extra heat :p

And for i forget; you can also add worms to your soil, only then you need to reuse it after the cycle, and i find these slimey creatures discusting :') :') so i dont use them (dont want them crawling out of my tent into my house :))

Last edited:

jrelax

Predjee wow, nice helpfull stuff you wrote.
Thank you so much.

I need read your post couple times more so all stays in the brain. :)

Yes i need Relax more i know that, its not nice do illegal stuff.
To be honest, i must have right medicate naturally. This is my choice. My body.
I do the right thing, the politicans are doing wrong here. Not me.
Im just medicate natural, i grow it my self , i dont sell, or buy .
Its for me only.

You are right, fix the tent fast, make a good medical grow and relax.
Iam doing my best.

Thanks for yours nice peptalk and all helping.

i do it with 600w hps , i need better reflektor. My HPS is nice Philips digital adjustable.
Reflektor is cheap shit, i will change that.

And also upgrade my airsystem. Now i have 350 m3 , i want atleast 500 m3
700-800 i think it will be soon, adjustable as you say.

I show my photo taken today my little babies , cheap Seedsman seeds, new 2018 genetics.
I like them.

Need put them in tent with more light now, and after that transplant them to bigger pots.
They need stronger light now.
These are about 7days old now. They look pretty good?

I wish i could have little more perlite on the top maybe, these are 13cm smal pots
pic:

wormcastling i use biobizz, there is GK lava worms also i maybe want try.

And the mychorzia i try this also again.
My best grow before was with mychorzia , without it was big difference in rootsystem :)

I am moving to tent in less than 24h .

now i need eat, i write more later :)

thanx so much:)

Last edited:

jrelax

4 different strains of them
I like them sofar, Germratio was good.
They look good for me right now, 2 little light right now only i run them with budget 60w now.
They need 250w right now. I have it in my tent ready soon for them :)
then 400w
and last weeks 600w

i will write more later , food now :)

jrelax

day after:
Now they have double the size in just 24hours. Height is same, its the leaves that has double the size wide.
This is Amazing.
Im so happy, this grow will be good i think now.

After reading alot here, and all tips from all of you , i now know alot more how to grow my medicine now.
Im taking it easy also with watering for first time. I always overwatered before.
Today i use about half the water only, and its perfekt

I also got now Syringes so i got right amount nutrients, before i eyeball it. And it was crazy i see now.
The color is much more lighter with right amounts in my mixes now.
I believe i had 2-3 times to much nutrients before eye balling the mixes, they was so dark before. Totally stupid i was.
Better learn it late than never anyway :)

I feel this is going to be good now.
I feel lots more safe now growing.
You all help me so much. This new succes i see and feel is thanx to this great Forum.
IC MAG and all members here ROCKS
I absolute love this forum and all members. LOVE !

My old camera is not good, gonna buy new soon.
I will anyway take new picture tomorrow with my old cam.
I want show the size difference.

They change alot in size now. They grow wery powerfull now, and the green color is awsome too.
I did check the roots in one of them also, i know its not good do that before transplant, , anyway i needed do that, i was so curious, and YES they was big roots, and pure white also, like expert grow.
Goddamn i feel good now :)

Thanx again , and again, and again for all help you nice people here :)

New pictures coming, im so proud , finally it starts get good for me i think now..... i must show you all how much they have grown allready in this little time . Its Amazing :)

I feel that i almost need to dance , i feel so good now LOL

jrelax

hi all again :)

they have tripple size now

pic:
maybe hard see

little pots is 13cm, these are wide as that already, they are huge in this short time.
Camera dont make that effect, me self see them grow alot everytime i look at them, this is amazing

i wish i have more perlite on the top, there is no layer almost above the coco plug. Next time little less dirt in start, and more perlite on the top, so they self support up
You can see one there needs support because of that.

Next time coco plugs go 1-2 cm deeper, and litte more perlite on the top :)

some one of them needed bigger pots, 3 litre now.

They go to tent now very soon.
They need more light

Last edited:

jrelax

After couple hours.

I dont need that support thing anymore, i removed it .
I dit spray that plant with seaweed, it works.
That one stays sharpest now right up just after couple hours.
The weakest was best after seaweed shower.

Now i will give the others that too.
AMAZING

I also got couple more older plants under strong light , and they do it really good now. The stems is very thick, so fat, so nice, i promice when i show them here
even professonal growers say WOW.
I will show them too.
They are about 30cm high, 40-50 wide, goddamn i love them, the stems are so fat , almost 1cm already atleaset and they are young still. These will be fat about 2.5 -3cm if they stay healthy
Right now my growing is Amazing.
Thanks to this forum and all yours help.

i will stop repeat this treath now.

Next time i make growbook in right forum session :)
im happy now :)

LOVE TO ALL

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

I don't really understand why you would make the top layer perlite, other then to keep the main stem dry. So i wouldn't think an exposed plug would matter. The way i keep my stalk dry its just by making sure the plug is slightly exposed.

There is allot of things about that whole layering thing, that i don't understand though. Usually u want the hot soil at the top instead of the bottom. Three top layer is where the feeder roots are.

jrelax

I don't really understand why you would make the top layer perlite, other then to keep the main stem dry. So i wouldn't think an exposed plug would matter. The way i keep my stalk dry its just by making sure the plug is slightly exposed.

There is allot of things about that whole layering thing, that i don't understand though. Usually u want the hot soil at the top instead of the bottom. Three top layer is where the feeder roots are.

HI :)

to be honest i dont know either, this was a crazy idea i found out today.

1-Topdressing is not easy when doing this way.

2-And also i believe too that cocoplugs should be litte exposed, 1-2mm. So the stem stays dry and the plant got easy access to top air , righ ?

Today i transplantet 3 of these small 1 litre to 3litres without perlite toplayer.
These will be nice topdress.

I will keep going on without perlite on the top.
Now the plugs are soon exposed, fresh dirt is there a little, it will sink in couple days i know, otherwise i can gently adjust that

3-bETTER HAVE MORE Dirt/soil at bottom also i think.?

4-Also money saving :) YES

There was 4 good reasons why awoid perlite on the top i think :) or ?

thanx
:tiphat:

CrushnYuba

I think you would be better off without it. Perlite also floats away. I would think you would lose it when you hand water. The layering might make it drain weird and different layers dry out faster then others.
I like to plant my plants extra high up so that when i top dress with something bulky the stalk is still exposed. When i top dress, i kind of make a super hot soil mix to sprinkle on. The roots grow into the top dressing and it doesn't cake.
Like if i top dress with chicken manure, I'll mix 70% manure, 30% lava rock and throw that on. If its a meal, ill mix it with compost and lava rock real well before i dump it on. Straight meals just turn into a nasty cake that are hard to break up.

Latest posts

Latest posts