What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seriously. Formatting.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm about sick and tired of having to edit every post I make 3 or 4 times in order to get it to post properly.

What is with all the formatting issues all the sudden? ESPECIALLY when using "enter" to add a space between paragraphs or other separations. It always increases the space to double or triple.

Not to mention, when I put "dank.Frank" at the bottom of my posts as I have done for years, it jumps down to being 5-8 spaces, when I set it at 3 below the post.

Then, when in private social groups, type a post and hit enter, it'll tell you your message is not long enough. If you hit back, then send the message again, it goes through properly.

WTF. Why is it like this all the sudden? It's extremely NOT user friendly and makes it frustrating to post at all.

Anyone else having the same issues?

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I'm about sick and tired of having to edit every post I make 3 or 4 times in order to get it to post properly.

What is with all the formatting issues all the sudden? ESPECIALLY when using "enter" to add a space between paragraphs or other separations. It always increases the space to double or triple.

Not to mention, when I put "dank.Frank" at the bottom of my posts as I have done for years, it jumps down to being 5-8 spaces, when I set it at 3 below the post.

Then, when in private social groups, type a post and hit enter, it'll tell you your message is not long enough. If you hit back, then send the message again, it goes through properly.

WTF. Why is it like this all the sudden? It's extremely NOT user friendly and makes it frustrating to post at all.

dank.Frank

G `day DF

Its just you bro .
Works as per normal for me .

Hit enter = drop to next line .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

dank.Frank

i have not noticed anything like that, but i still post from a lap top and use the full version of the site, not the mobile version. anyway try resetting your cache and history, cookies etc.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yes. uploading pictures has been a pain for me

the best way is to go to your album, use the upload to album button. that works smoothly for me.

or go to advanced reply and use manage attachments to add pics only to the thread not to your album. those pics then pop to full size for peeps viewing them.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not using mobile. Am on TOR. Shouldn't be any thing to reset, but I'll try.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure if that helped or not.

Will find out.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Mengsk

The same thing happens for me. If I hit enter once, no line space. If I hit enter twice, two line spaces. So I end up editing every post like dank.Frank.

Enter once
next line. Enter twice

next line.

Following step, enter twice

then come back and edit to remove one line space.

yardgrazer

Yeah, whenever I use enter to make paragraphs I end up having to go back and edit the post so there aren't two or even three lines between each paragraph.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
First world problem solved by careful editing.

But yeah, I posted about this issue too, no solution.

Make post, edit for double space, re post.

Bitching about it makes you look weak and ill equipped.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I will try and draw the attention of someone more technically proficient than myself to this problem - although I have not encountered it myself - sounds like it needs someone to look under the hood about it.

yardgrazer

I'm using Firefox if that's relevant.

Not really that big a deal to go back and edit, just funny in this modern WYSIWYG internet world to which we've all become accustomed.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am experiencing the same as DF.

I am using Firefox browser and have seen this same complaint, at IC, in the past.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I have been having issues posting too.
Everything stays highlighted in blue and if you hit the wrong button it all get deleted.
Pain in the ass.

Latest posts

Latest posts