What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goats' Grows

Bmac1

Veteran
Looking good man. Do you still have the quantum board turned down? I may have to dial my 630 back to 420 here the next couple of days.

Goats

Looking good man. Do you still have the quantum board turned down? I may have to dial my 630 back to 420 here the next couple of days.

they're at almost full right now. depending on how things go for the gg4 that is closer than i would prefer, i may turn them down a bit. i see some people are running higher watts/sq ft so i am giving it a go to see how the results compare.

full power is 620w, i would say they're at a hair under that.

You are killin it over here goats! Is that purple on the calyx tips of memberberry I'm seeing? I'm digging all the resin all over the fan leaves. All that sugar is prime for either dry sift hash or bho.... :biggrin:

Goats

You are killin it over here goats! Is that purple on the calyx tips of memberberry I'm seeing? I'm digging all the resin all over the fan leaves. All that sugar is prime for either dry sift hash or bho.... :biggrin:

thanks FF!

they're getting frosty indeed. the gg4 has trichs growing from the branches :biggrin:

picture.php

Goats

some pics from 7-7.5 weeks.

plants are a bit unhappy. the gg4 being the worst of them. i stopped watching runoff ppm closely and didn't notice it climbing. i also gave them a PK boost, so i'm sure that played a part in it as well. first time using greenleaf's PK as well.

picture.php

memberberry.
picture.php

hindu. stinky and sticky as always.
picture.php

glue. all the other pictures i took were blurry so i only have this lower, but you can see the leaves in the background are not happy. 2 and a half weeks left so we'll see how things finish up. flush starting next week.
picture.php

Goats

well, here we are at 9 weeks with one week to go. the plants are rough, but i have learned a bunch in this first DTW run and should be able to improve significantly next round.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Goats

next run

- never lose sight of TDS of runoff
- replace clear water lines with black tubing
- one very long feed each week to ensure they're being good and reset
- add a 4th feeding in flower
- scold partner and make him ensure the waste bucket is emptied daily so the plants are not ever sitting in runoff... :wallbash:
- drip clean?
- compost tea?

@sturgeongeneral i noticed you use drip clean. has it been effective for you in helping prevent salt buildup in coco? i am going to grab a bottle and give it a go, if for no other reason than making sure my manifold and lines stay clog-free.

flower is when the buildup and lockout occurred, so i hope a 4th watering each day will help reduce that. i also plan to run the pump for a good 5 minutes when i am there each week before topping off or resetting the res to make sure they're being flushed out really well with fresh nutrients to start each week.

i am also planning to return to using an inoculant next run. i have some +life left from hydroponic research as well as some other powdered myco that i generally use when transplanting. i may try brewing some teas and see how that goes. tentative idea would be to manually top feed the tea once/week. i like the idea of using tea instead of adding directly to my reservoir because the inoculants seem to make it swampy quickly. i already have an extra air pump, stones, molasses and a bag i can use as a teabag for the EWC.

citradelic sunset. got this plant from a buddy who just ran it. it came out smelling just like the GTH i smoked in amsterdam so i am excited to give it a run. i have clones cut and rooting now.
picture.php

we have it good here in BC when it comes to water. this is right out of the tap.
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Goats, this is the first time Ive ran drip clean. So far I havent really noticed a difference. My left tray is open lines, no drippers. I had an issue with drippers not dripping so I got rid of them.. the timing of the feeds is shorter but still the same amount of times a day.
picture.php

Goats

few pics as i get through trimming.

yield wasn't great but the plants are sticky and stinky. i am excited to give dtw another go with some changes and see if i can't improve things significantly. i think i can!

no pics of the hindu. didn't take any while trimming and haven't brought any of that home yet.

gg4 jar
picture.php

memberberry
picture.php