What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good luck for tomorrow gypsy

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh dear...

Looks like the threadstarter got the dates wrong because I'm not due in the court for my extradition trial till next Thursday the 20th July...

If anyone wants to come along to Westminster Magistrates Court (closest tube Edgware Road) at 10am that morning, then you are welcome. It would be nice to have a bit of support.

Ultimately it's down to the Judge whether or not they will punt me across the pond to reside in one of the U.S's new federal resorts, all expenses paid e.t.c.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Can we write letters to help..... something? From here in the usa?

If I do get extradited to the USA, then I guess that you could write letters to the Federal District Attorney. in Portland, Maine (I think that his name is Mr Conneley)....Because that is where I will be tried.

It might help, so worth a try I suppose...

Address: 100 Middle St # 6, Portland, ME 04101

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Any sticking points we should make? I will write a letter for sure.

...Hmmm....maybe the fact that I have been supplying med patients with the seeds of possibilities, sold and as freebies for gawd knows how long might help...

Maine has been a med state for a long time, and went rec too last November, so my case is not about hurting me for some heinous crime, that's for sure, and I think that the feds are aware of that.

B

bigganjabud

My bad

My bad

Oh dear...

Looks like the threadstarter got the dates wrong because I'm not due in the court for my extradition trial till next Thursday the 20th July...

If anyone wants to come along to Westminster Magistrates Court (closest tube Edgware Road) at 10am that morning, then you are welcome. It would be nice to have a bit of support.

Ultimately it's down to the Judge whether or not they will punt me across the pond to reside in one of the U.S's new federal resorts, all expenses paid e.t.c.

So if the worse does happen do you have an address that we can write to as to send letters and shit to read if you do get locked?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lets hope it dont come to that,,,,
hopefully we shall be having a nice meal by midday next thursday in Westminster and celebrating that its all over,,,
fingers crossed,,,,,s2

HereIgrowagain

Positive vibes from me and mine mate.

I'm no legal eagle but, surely they don't have a leg to stand on without contradicting how many of their own laws? Crazy!

:tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
...Hmmm....maybe the fact that I have been supplying med patients with the seeds of possibilities, sold and as freebies for gawd knows how long might help...

Maine has been a med state for a long time, and went rec too last November, so my case is not about hurting me for some heinous crime, that's for sure, and I think that the feds are aware of that.

damn feds care NOTHING about justice. they live to make "examples" and hammer down the nails they notice sticking up. when the only tool in your box is a hammer, all problems start to look like nails sticking up. useless bastards! they are the dinosaurs looking up in the sky saying "hey! is that comet heading our way?" i can't WAIT for the day of reckoning when they get that sick feeling in their stomach "uh-oh..."

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, it's ironic that a bullet salesman (ammunition) can sell bullets all day that end up killing people, yet that's ok with the feds...

But someone who distributes seeds that help heal people and make people happy is persecuted, prosecuted, and made to spend years in jail, ruining his business and family life...Where is the justice in that?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Bullets, liquor, cigarettes, cars too.

Madness cosumes any sane mind to parse the causal events
that surround the laws man creates.

The innocent rot in jail while the morally corrupt profit from their misery.

Cannabis, just make it legal worldwide I say.

Gonna' take some time.

Green Squall

If I do get extradited to the USA, then I guess that you could write letters to the Federal District Attorney. in Portland, Maine (I think that his name is Mr Conneley)....Because that is where I will be tried.

It might help, so worth a try I suppose...

Address: 100 Middle St # 6, Portland, ME 04101

Sorry Gypsy. This just isn't right. Like you haven't been through enough already.... Makes me so angry.

Do you know what the chances are that you will be extradited? Considering everything, I can't believe they are still going forward with this bullshit.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It's all looking a bit brighter lately. After some conversations with my court appointed federal public defender over the phone, it looks like the prosecutor in my case is amenable to give me some sort of deal with time served (30 months already) in the Philippines.....with potentially only 7 months jail time to do stateside if I plead guilty....I don't really have much in the way of assets/money any more, so hopefully we can come to an arrangement where I am not taxed at all, plus them agreeing not to go after my eldest son who was mentioned on the warrant ..

My extradition hearing/trial is on the 20th July.....but even if the Brit judge refuses to extradite me....it might be sensible to surrender myself to the feds (if I can make a good deal) because if this case is not resolved then I won't ever be able to return to my family and home in the Philippines, or travel outside the UK without the threat of being nabbed due to the interpol red notice which won't go away till my case has been cleared, so effectively I'll be marooned like Ben Gunn in 'Treasure Island' on the UK, if we cannot come to terms.

No firm deal has yet been made, but it does look like both sides are willing to negotiate to finally get this case sorted after 4 years of attrition already. 4 years of me being separated from my home and family life. 4 years of uncertainty.

There is always the option of taking it to trial in the US if I am extradited, and hoping that I get some canna-friendly jurors. But that could possibly put me at greater risk in getting a much-much longer sentence.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Gypsy
I wish you the best outcome possible
You have done so much for our community and the whole Canna scene over the years and i thank you for that
Our whole scene is thriving thanks to Icmag.com and seedbay/boutique taking over the torch from Overgrow/CannabisWorld back then

peace

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
even the best scenario here is still a smack in the face...its one thing to get caught,but to go down because someone didnt have enough spine to do their own time...