What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best LEDs just got better - BML transforms into Fluence

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing the info guys.

I was on the Spydr 1200 bandwagon until I started looking at other fixtures. It would appear as though the white "complete spectrum" diodes are making a lot more appearances in newer generations which is something to look out for.

I have a 4x8' table and was contemplating getting two of the Spydr 1200's to cover this space. However, I'm now also contemplating the Amare SE250s to cover that same space. Whatever I end up with I'll be sure to share a journal here with you guys.

-DZ

I have no axe to grind with Fluence, other then Nick never listened to me (not that I know all, but, come on their fixture makes no sense)

I promise you will be amazed with 2 SE 250s!

McStickyLungs

Do they pay you by post or are you on a general retainer?

My opinion differs from your opinion. But I spent time and money on a testing grow room where I do nothing except grow plants under various lights. Presently I am growing with five brands of LED as discharge lights are not making new progress. And for stand alone lighting HPS comes in dead last in equal photon count growing.

Based on this experience I find the claim of your favorite being "by far the best light in the industry" to be baseless and untested.

I tend to overreact to misinformation, the Spyder may be an OK light but this is a growing forum, not an advertising site for commercial messages.

By the sound of it your HPS is doing just fine for you. I'd rather have the skeptics stay with there old technology, if it worked for the past 20 years why not keep running it until 2100??:laughing::laughing:

chomsky

Well any doubters should check out my grow report. It's not the prettiest grow because I out grew my space. But I garuntee I'm getting 2lbs of sugar coated Nugs from 4 plants. The colas are gigantic. I have even been growing with the lights powered at 90% because my girls got too tall. Haters hate all day I don't care. Doubters stick with HPS they are tried and true but expensive and hot. I'll never look back. LED is here to stay and only getting better. I'm completely sold on Fluence Lights. Proof is in my grow room!!!!'

dimebag_

ordered today in 4 weeks ill have 10 of these in my hands..

top people still using LEC and Phantom DE's currently...

changing the game shortly. talked to a local who got 2+lbs of one of the spydr 1200s not even new model

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

norcal-

hey wassup-did ya ever get ur 10 lights goin? was just curious about your thoughts on these??

DB

dimebag_

I still am completely on board with my spyderx plus. Check out my chocolope kush grow report.
nice feed chomsky! the link you posted is for the lemon skunk tho…

how are the finished results (yield, taste, resin production) with the spyderx compared to a regular 1000W hps or whatever u were running before?
how much heat do they generate compared to 1000W hps if u know?

does one light effectively do a 4x4' footprint u think?

just curious cuz they sound great other than the initial cost. Then again I think u don't have to replace the diodes for a long time if ever and I believe they degrade very little as far as briteness??

I don't run ac or a sealed room so I'm thinking to upgrade to either these or mabe some 630W cmh lamps to get better spectrum and less heat if possible. I read that these lights can keep up or beat de hps as far as yield but Ive never run either. I run just air-cooled reg 1000W's hps all the way thru-thanks for your help bro- :tiphat:
cheers

DB

chomsky

As far as I'm concerned they blow my HPS away in all ways. Little to no heat awesome penetration and yes covers a 4x4 perfectly. My yields are bigger and the Nugs just as tastey and strong. I think my lemon skunk could have gone a couple more weeks tho and the nugs would have been much denser. I'm growing a chocolope kush right now I will definitly let go to the bitter end. I got just a bit impatient with my last lemon skunk.

Check it out here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=327755

Ledsicon

thats a fairytale

thats a fairytale

led cant touch de hid.....yeehaw...unless maybe you cover all the walls with them...led don't have the penetration...

petflora is very right, it sure is possible.

ive seen several buds from another brand i cant name here With cree cobs that created as big buds 1,60 from lightsource as hps has done in 1 meter or so..

for the first time in years i also have gottn proof that quality leds, With quality Spectrum and the right hands can easily yield more gram pr watt than hps easily mark my Words...

Koondense

Veteran
for the first time in years i also have gottn proof that quality leds, With quality Spectrum and the right hands can easily yield more gram pr watt than hps easily mark my Words...

That's a well known fact for a couple of years. But still most people believe hids are best; of course they never seen a good led light and what it can do.
A great reference thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333629

Ledsicon

i am about to try a New customized light im selecting myself leds and spec ratios for and mA drive current and so on. cant wait, it will consist of 168 pcs of Osram oslon ssl 80 leds(mostly topbins available) and meanwell drivers. always wanted to try the Osram ssl80 diodes because of their super quality Lifetime par pr watt and nm stability over years,not least their 730nm i think will last longer than all other brands ir except maybe the brand New philips lumileds luxeon rebel ir coming these days i think..

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am about to try a New customized light im selecting myself leds and spec ratios for and mA drive current and so on. cant wait, it will consist of 168 pcs of Osram oslon ssl 80 leds(mostly topbins available) and meanwell drivers. always wanted to try the Osram ssl80 diodes because of their super quality Lifetime par pr watt and nm stability over years,not least their 730nm i think will last longer than all other brands ir except maybe the brand New philips lumileds luxeon rebel ir coming these days i think..

Although I like what my original SPYDR 600 (I chose the spectrums; 95% CW/NW/WW, the rest a mix of 450s and 630s)

What I wasn't prepared for is when you make the selection from their chart, you can only select a one foot section, which they repeat across the length. You wind up with rows repeating themselves, meaning all the blue, reds, CW/NW/WW line up like Venetian blinds, instead of being spread throughout the canopy

Mine is for sale + 2 @ 2ft side lighting bars

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
petflora is very right, it sure is possible.

ive seen several buds from another brand i cant name here With cree cobs that created as big buds 1,60 from lightsource as hps has done in 1 meter or so..

LEDs can't penetrate? :laughing:

Light is 19" above the first cube bar and 38" above the close up

Look closely at the first pic and you can see the close up bud hanging over the second bar

View attachment 388320 View attachment 388321

View attachment 388322

Ledsicon

lol

lol

Although I like what my original SPYDR 600 (I chose the spectrums; 95% CW/NW/WW, the rest a mix of 450s and 630s)

What I wasn't prepared for is when you make the selection from their chart, you can only select a one foot section, which they repeat across the length. You wind up with rows repeating themselves, meaning all the blue, reds, CW/NW/WW line up like Venetian blinds, instead of being spread throughout the canopy

Mine is for sale + 2 @ 2ft side lighting bars

well lol, true thats quite important info to let buyers know :)

Ledsicon

im not buying that brand to be specific :) looking forward to the mix of top bin cree cxb and top bin Osram ssl80 leds.

420empire

Veteran
I would recommend COBs, by what´s i have seen on the net, gromau5 is really getting some decent results. Hans LED i also quite interesting, and the actually yield as good as a 250 hps no doubt. Again when it comes to the burple light i would add or just put my money in COBs. I really admire Petfloras interest in LED, just wondering if u work for that company or just trap in and idea about a light?? U result really don´t seems impressive with that specific light u are useing, by that i don´t mean u are a bad grower, but i´am not impressed with that light....
Cheers

Ledsicon

how can you know?

how can you know?

I would recommend COBs, by what´s i have seen on the net, gromau5 is really getting some decent results. Hans LED i also quite interesting, and the actually yield as good as a 250 hps no doubt. Again when it comes to the burple light i would add or just put my money in COBs. I really admire Petfloras interest in LED, just wondering if u work for that company or just trap in and idea about a light?? U result really don´t seems impressive with that specific light u are useing, by that i don´t mean u are a bad grower, but i´am not impressed with that light....
Cheers

i would say thats only petflora and friends who knows best.
would think he gets better results than With bml and hps and other tried lights when he sticks to amaretech. if i had 1000dollars to invest in a New led growlight i would certainly look to amare as one of the top 5 or even top 3 Choices as i been following them for about 2 years now and others where making fnun of the Spectrum approach and now alot of them are building similar approaches just like a big British brandname growlights and others.

i have not inspected his grows With a Critical eye looking to bash on a brand and wrapped it in delicate With not that you`re a bad grower but i have no Clue and want too point that out.

this is getting quite hilarious, peolple bashing on amare that actually has better bins Components and warranty longer than most other brands out there, not saying they are best but certainly up there.

why not bash on growlights With epistar/bridgelux/epiled/semiled and crap as only option that has Wild exaggerating claims or short warranty or par Levels With epic low scores or bad Spectrums that creates longer cycle or leaf mutation and so on..

i dont get it, i dont use amare, but i respect them, know from their parts it is high quality not found in every brand around.

its the same With good footballers and cars i Guess.
-the average joe`s and midlevel performers gets away unseen and not mentioned and Works just ok all the time.
-the worst brands or players get cool and cultstatus or an everyday mention in refrences to the worst/jumbo title that they in the end have so low expectations from People that they might supprise.
-the best are either loved or hated and debated all the time With unrational approaches:)

Peace n stay lifted People
also @petflora
stay positive and spread the Vibes to Your ladies :)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers

Nope, but as you can imagine, over the years we have developed a friendship. I can assure you, if the panels did not perform to MY satisfaction I would not be promoting them and I pay for my panels

Not impressed? LOL I don't grow for you. These current pics are clones that I let go too long in the starter bubbler and the roots hammocked a LOT. Cutting them apart hurt both clones, so I am quite happy with how well they bounced back. Here's the mother/donor

Why the clones did not turn purple I have no idea

View attachment 388418 View attachment 388419 View attachment 388420

420empire

Veteran
Ledsicon... I didn´t wrap anything in, i just made a comment about this light and what I see how it perform, read don´t feel.. (if u know what i mean)
Again look to Gromau5 look how his grow his, i don´t feel like i have to point it out again, see his numbers, his light.(search youtube : gromau5) U know what, he donsen´t settle on only COB og only burple he keeps building exerimpenting, he dosen´t settle on one thing ( just like people beliveing i one book aka the bible, koran etc) This is what i care for, what I respect, it´s called progress and not dwelling, which can be good for some, but not me ;) .
you didn´t even look at his videos i guess?
Bashing ..? Come on, it´s called criticism, it´s something u can use in a positive way to get BETTER.
I have to ask, have u grown, with LED before? Burple, COB, HPS, MH, CMH, Plasma, CFL, Sun.. etc..? :)

Petflora, keep growing with Amare, i love to follow u threads, I surely don´t like u lights ( just my taste) but i love u setup with the bubbler, genetics, it´s clean and u are doing what u like, that´s the most important thing. And again don´t see this as a pesonal critic, this has nothing to do with u person, only lights. *btw. I think some of Amares ideas about light setup is good, but it´s so much overprice...

Peace. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts