What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$31.00 Speed Dryer

G

deathtosoapbar said:
it aint a bad invention tho same thing can be acheived by using cold fan option on an electric oven (assumin the oven is clean lol) and if the oven door is opened a couple of times during the process thts sum air exchange jus an idea for people who cant be arsed choppin up plastic and buyin fans etc , i mean if the bucket fan idea left the weed as good as hang dried and cured it may be worth makin but as it isnt, if u got an electric oven use that...og refugee nice job mate dont take offence im jus sayin a way with similar results no work involved

Question:
Is it correct or incorrect that heat is bad news for your bud?

If a person needed some medicine quick wouldn't forced air drying be the way to go?

Ty-Stik

:bashhead:

Last edited:
G

You know, looking back at Tacos "Air Bud" dryer, if a person wanted to keep some of his Trophy Buds intact, perhaps it would aid in initial drying to reduce the incidence of bud rot or internal mold. Emphasis on "initial", whereupon the Trophy would then go to conventional drying techniques.

Feedback?

Ty-Stik

Not to step on toes but it has also been said that potency only decreases from harvest, perhaps you should consider a more aggressive final flush, nitrogen is what causes the harshness in taste. Try to look up an article by Ed Rosenthal on drying, there's several methods.

What was advised for maximum potency was to quick dry in something capable of maintaining a temperature of 80 degrees or under, any higher and it was said it lost some of the cure like qualities. Good luck.

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
Cool beans on the advice guys, you'll see you're tips implemented next fall most likely.
Harry: I agree but my location demands something like this sadly. One day my friend, one day.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
Not to step on toes but it has also been said that potency only decreases from harvest, perhaps you should consider a more aggressive final flush, nitrogen is what causes the harshness in taste. Try to look up an article by Ed Rosenthal on drying, there's several methods.

What was advised for maximum potency was to quick dry in something capable of maintaining a temperature of 80 degrees or under, any higher and it was said it lost some of the cure like qualities. Good luck.

Well looks like Ed was wrong...Again.

Fast drying might be the way to go for shrooms....But MJ deffinetly doesnt like being dried quick.Speed drying MJ is a sure fire way to screw up your harvest.

Potency doesnt decreas from harvest.It sometimes even increases durring the curring process.As long as it is kept out of the light.

NeDank

KISS method - Buy an ac powered "pc fan" the one I bought for a different project came without a wall plug so I connected it directly to an old 2 prong extension cord. Cut the extension cord in half and connect the 4 wires positive to pos/red and negative to neg/black. If it doesn't work the wiring is backwards.

Super KISS buy a 4-6" ac fan from walmart/discount store (not pc size but still small and silent) This will have a cord and wall plug already so you wont need to do any wiring.

Mount fan to the lower right pulling air out and drill a a few intake holes on the top left opposite the fan for optimal airflow.

Latest posts

Latest posts