What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

H

humboldtlocal

When I first started lurking on the forums I promised my self I would never post any pics but after my experience today I feel like it is my god given duty to share these pics and my experience with the rest of the growing community. First a bit about my self because I never really introduced my self. I am born and raised here in Humboldt. And while I was not born unto a pot growing family I have been fortunate to learn from a great many master growers. I grew my first pound at 14 and haven't missed a harvest since. I came to these forums last year looking for info on trimming machines. I love growing but I have had some horrible trim scenes. I have always considered it the worst part of growing. What should be a time of celebration is ruined by a bunch of people who are only thinking of what they stand to gain.
I have used a Tumbleweed since last winter but have not done a fall harvest with it. I just sold it and bought a Twister. After using it for the first time today I was amazed. The Tumbleweed did a decent job but nothing like this. The bud looks amazing. It comes out so much tighter and we were able to run it through the machine so much faster and still get a super tight trim job. I had some master growers come over to watch today and they were all in shock. One friend actually drooled. The size of a trim scene has always been what has held me back from growing more but now I feel that the sky is the limit. I grow for a legal collective with thousands of members and they always need more medicine. I bought my trimmers from my friends at Trim Scene Solutions. http://trimscene.com/
Any ways on to the pics.
First is a pic of one of my gardens. It is actually the worst it has ever looked and nothing I am proud of. Lots of problems that I wont even list here.

Here is Mr. Nice

Kush Haze

Bubba Kush

One before the Bubba was trimmed

This Head Band is some of the worst bud we had and it turned out great.

Pure Purple

The quality control setup.

The hopper

The dry racks.

We did between 10-15lbs in about 6 hours with 3-4 people. Also the people that helped me were all big time growers and not one of them had trimmed any weed in years. It looks so much better than hand trimmed weed. It really does. Using the trimpro to big leaf helped speed things up a lot. To sum it up, the Twister is the greatest thing to hit the marijuana industry since prop 215. I am so glad I sold my Tumbleweed. If you have a choice get a Twister. These pictures don't lie. I will be posting plenty more pics of trimming buds and some of my other gardens too. This forum has been a wealth of info and also very entertaining and I hope I can contribute in a positive and educational way. If you guys have any questions about using the Twister or trimming this way just let me know and I will try to answer. Today was the best day I have had trimming weed in years.

ForestBuds

Hot Damn!

Hot Damn!

Thanks for posting your pictures. Your buds look so dense! Never saw Bubba Kush flowers being that big. I expected it to be more colorful but still nice colors with the dank sugar coating on it especially on the Mr Nice buds! Lots of :respect:

Will keep the Twister in mind for the future. Would be heaven to have flowers of that size and quantity. Can't wait until the moment actually comes for me.

Pure Purple sure looks purple with green leaves. Cali sure has many undiscovered purple strains. Again... respek :joint:

Can you share on what is your favorite smoke out of what you posted. Details if you don't mind like best smoke? best high? and best flavor?

Man, the buds look like they can double as a paperweight on a windy day.

H

humboldtlocal

Can you share on what is your favorite smoke out of what you posted. Details if you don't mind like best smoke? best high? and best flavor?

My favorite smoke is still in the ground. It is the HinduKush/Blueberry x Grapefruit Blackberry. All of the buds in I have shown so far are new strains I have never grown before. I will be doing some pollinating today and will get lots of new pics.

I have been eyeing those racks. How much product will each rack hold loaded the way you have them.

I just try to do one layer of bud all across the compartment. If you pile it in there you run the risk of your bud molding or buds getting squished. I think it is close to a 1/2lb dry weight per compartment. Probably about 16-20 lbs wet weight for the whole rack.
I will have some pics of some of my other gardens today.
Thanks for all the love:joint:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Well done. I'm so sold on the twister, trim looks perfect. And nice pics, love the fall colors and mega huge bubba colas :D SourD's should have almost another month eh?

H

humboldtlocal

Well done. I'm so sold on the twister, trim looks perfect. And nice pics, love the fall colors and mega huge bubba colas :D SourD's should have almost another month eh?

The trim looks absolutely perfect. I have never had a hand trimmer make buds look this good. That headband looked terrible and the Twister made it look great. The Bubbas were covered in Powdery mildew. The worst I have ever had on any plants and the Twister sucks it all off. There was not a spot of PM on the buds when they come out. Everyone was blown away.
My sour D's do need at least another month. We had a bunch that we didn't cage in time and last weeks rain flattened them like pancakes. Now we have a lot more work staking but we are getting there. I chucked some pollen today and took some more pics. Enjoy.
Pics of my big garden. We put this in this year. 200 plants. Mostly OG Kush and Sour D clones with about twenty random seed and clone plants.

Cant really get the best angle but it is about a half acre.

sour D's

OG Kush's

Blue Dream

Afghani x Maui Wowie

Williams Wonder

Purple Urkel

Master Wreck

Critical Mass

Greenhouse full of OG's

Sorry the close ups came out fuzzy. The Afghani x Maui Wowie is looking like some of the frostiest bud. I have two more gardens and green houses that I will try to get pics of tomorrow. We will also be running the Twister a few more days this week and I will get more pics and maybe shoot some video for the non believers. The next photos will be of my strains that I have been breeding for years and are looking better than ever so pull up a seat and enjoy the show.:joint:

bendoslendo

Very nice man. Your gardens are beautiful. To have the opportunity to grow outside like that... its a dream of mine. If you ever want to hire a complete stranger as a farmhand, pm me!

Question though, is it safe to smoke buds that had PM?

H

humboldtlocal

Question though, is it safe to smoke buds that had PM?

This is the first year I have had to deal with any significant amount of PM. I am sure smoking any kind of mold is bad for you. Although I had an uncle who says he smoked plenty of moldy bud. He is a bit of an eccentric though. When most people trim dry, they just wipe the powder off the buds but the Twister really sucks all of it off. And these plants were covered.
I have mentioned it before but I will mention it again. The guys I got my trimming machines from are Trim Scene Solutions here in Southern Humboldt. They are friends of mine and I will shamelessly promote them as much as I can because they have changed my life for ever.
http://trimscene.com/ 707-923-9319
I bought my Tumbleweed and now my two Twisters from them. Also my dry racks. If anyone is looking for Trimmers, Bubble bags, Pollinators, any of that stuff, these guys have you covered and they are great to deal with. I have turned many people onto them and they are the ones responsible for bringing herb trimmers to the emerald triangle. I can't say enough good things about them and they are real Humboldt locals too.I am confident that in a few years almost every grower in America will be using an automatic trimmer of some sort. They are that good.
I'll try to get pics up tomorrow.

E

Eminem

Those are the worst looking buds I have ever seen and I hate you with a passion. You suck, I hate you.

LOL. Those nugs look so good. 10-15 pounds in 6 hours. shit. Wish my people would pony up. The amount we spent on hand trimming would have paid for this already.

Can you cut your finger tip off in this machine like someone did in our trimpro knock off?? :D Maybe thats an upsell I can use

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Very nice, especially as a new garden there...looks like you dug holes. What size were they?Your afghani/maui looks so much like my goo man...and crazy that from the info I can find, goo is supposed to be afghan/maui something. What do you know about your cut there? Great work hum, I knew you didn't f around :joint:

C

Cheeb

the twister machine is the one to get...

that is one awesome yard brother..

rambam

Thanks for sharing the real-life experience with this machine, HL. You da man.

Just for clarify's sake, I'm wondering what your prep involved before tossing these goodies actually hit the Twister. That stuff in the hopper looks plenty leafy - is that how you actually ran it through? Those hopper buds don't look like they spent very much time at all on the trimpro...

Also, since you have two Twisters, were you setting them up end-to-end (the equivalent of two passes through a single Twister)? How many passes through did it take to get the herb looking like that (i.e. frickin' amazing)?

H

humboldtlocal

Very nice, especially as a new garden there...looks like you dug holes. What size were they?Your afghani/maui looks so much like my goo man...and crazy that from the info I can find, goo is supposed to be afghan/maui something. What do you know about your cut there? Great work hum, I knew you didn't f around :joint:

We dug those trenches with a rented mini excavator. They are huge. I think they are 90' long and there are eight of them. We had 150 yards of soil brought in and at least 8 pallets of sunshine mix bails. And they are not even full to the top. The Af x Wowie is a seed plant. I have grown a goo seed strain and it was nothing as frosty as this. I wish I could do good close ups with my camera. I need a new one bad.
Just for clarify's sake, I'm wondering what your prep involved before tossing these goodies actually hit the Twister. That stuff in the hopper looks plenty leafy - is that how you actually ran it through? Those hopper buds don't look like they spent very much time at all on the trimpro...

Also, since you have two Twisters, were you setting them up end-to-end (the equivalent of two passes through a single Twister)? How many passes through did it take to get the herb looking like that (i.e. frickin' amazing)?

We did a very quick pass of the branches over the trimpro not even letting the buds touch the grate. It speeded things up because we bucked some that still had the big fan leaves on and it was a lot slower. We basically did no other leaf removal. We just ripped the buds off the stem and threw them in the hopper. The buds were still very leafy. The only thing we would clean up when it came out would be the two leaf stems on the bottom of some of the big buds. We basically did not have to do any other trimming.
The one machine does such a good job I can't imagine needing to put two end to end. You would need a lot of people to keep up with the output. I need the second machine for a second location. You would not have to do a second pass with this machine. With the Tumbleweed we always did a second pass. I shot some more sunset pics I will try to get up later.

Capn

picture.php

Pass that nerf ball over this way!

Latest posts

Latest posts