What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

greek landrace strains

danlilker

No one has greek kalamata red available as far as seedbanks. I was
Fortunate enough to get them through a family friend of mine who was born and raised in greece

can i have a couple of them? i am willing to pay for them. I'm a seed collector. Please do let me know. Can't send pvt msgs (yet)

Great stuff you're doing

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
No one has greek kalamata red available as far as seedbanks. I was
Fortunate enough to get them through a family friend of mine who was born and raised in greece

Talk about killer luck man hope you preserve that line that's a blessing and thanks for sharing w us here on the mag

orfeas

Veteran
Here is my kalamata red that i have outdoors

Hi don!
d'you see any similarities whatsoever in my local IBL? North Aegean being my neck of woods...

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1100051.jpg
    P1100051.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 32
  • P1100052.jpg
    P1100052.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 30
  • P1100053.jpg
    P1100053.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 28
  • P1100055.jpg
    P1100055.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 34

allaround

Greek Halfy currently in Greece. Been collecting what I can around these parts for years (been at for 32). I will post some pics of some of the landraces that are up this year. I am headed to Ikaria tomorrow for some more hunting. I hear good things.

fingers crossed, the community has opened up a bit in the last few years and i appreciate that. for a long time, in my experience, hunting strains was difficult due to the general fear of the populace...or that i how i saw it through my family and friends.

G

Greek Halfy currently in Greece. Been collecting what I can around these parts for years (been at for 32). I will post some pics of some of the landraces that are up this year. I am headed to Ikaria tomorrow for some more hunting. I hear good things.

fingers crossed, the community has opened up a bit in the last few years and i appreciate that. for a long time, in my experience, hunting strains was difficult due to the general fear of the populace...or that i how i saw it through my family and friends.

Hey compatriot :)Would love to see some of the staff you're holding!
From which places are your seeds?

I am from mid west GR and my wife is from Kalamata.Been waiting some of insence Kalamata seeds for a few months now,but I can wait...Το καλό το πράμα αργεί να γίνει!:tiphat:

D

dino0907

Red Kalamata 4th week flowering

Red Kalamata 4th week flowering

My first grow only because its getting harder, to,impossible, getting hold of the real deal.P.S. Greece is loosing the "seed war"

Attachments

• IMG_2359.jpg
    IMG_2359.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 28

orfeas

Veteran
Those Greek heirlooms brother?

I'd love to think so..:)

Now the following speciment is allegedly of Kalamata origin...the smoke will surely add clout to the allegation :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1100117.jpg
    P1100117.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 33
  • P1100118.jpg
    P1100118.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P1100119.jpg
    P1100119.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 31
  • P1100120.jpg
    P1100120.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 31

allaround

Hey compatriot :)Would love to see some of the staff you're holding!
From which places are your seeds?

I am from mid west GR and my wife is from Kalamata.Been waiting some of insence Kalamata seeds for a few months now,but I can wait...Το καλό το πράμα αργεί να γίνει!:tiphat:

;) <3

Seeds are from near Kyparissia (Kalamata) and also Arachova. I have a few others from the general area... there are some landraces up north (ionian side) I have found to be quite wonderful.

:) Excited to see the genes back in detroit. Long time coming, loads of pollen and beans. Also, I found testing genetics from detroit, in various places, to be returning amazing results.

cheers

allaround

beautiful specimens!

The first pic seems a to have wide fingers. I am interested as the nodal spacing seems typical to the landraces around here. I sense the a strong spice. :D

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to see this remains out there. Nicer still to see the seeds get out to us the general public. I am sure it is a great sativa, some of the best hash came out of Greece years ago as well.

allaround

Nice to see this remains out there. Nicer still to see the seeds get out to us the general public. I am sure it is a great sativa, some of the best hash came out of Greece years ago as well.

Sure did and does, have to avoid most of the charas around here unless you know where they came from (all henna and bs) but it is still about. Linked a couple pics down there.

Also came through and did some pollen collecting last few time I was here with some select males <3.

Will post some pics of the landraces soon as Ill be through the areas soon, they are not quite there yet. Also some simple crosses really came through this year: Moonshine Haze Female (rare dankness) x Kalamata :dance013: and got some beans from a mountain trial breed 501st OG (rare dankness) Female x Arachova "Local" and a Scotts OG (rare dankness) x Kalamata as well as a Scotts OG x Arachova "Local", the elevation is really amazing with both genetics, its getting cold early this year -- fingers crossed for more success.

Cheers. Will be headed back to Detroit for some work, so many possibilities.

Sidenote: acquired a couple of different landraces from Albania after I passing through from Corfu on some advice. I am really impressed with one of them in terms of effect and taste, not quite sure if its truly an albanian landrace or moved there over time...either way cant deny where i found it or its power.

Headed to the family down up into the mountains then down south to the family this weekend. :tiphat:

Attachments

• chacha2.jpg
    chacha2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 24
  • chacha.jpg
    chacha.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 23
  • pollenns.jpg
    pollenns.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 22

New hippydon

Kalamata harvest

Kalamata harvest

This lovely girl came down about 4 days ago. She is dry enough to go start the curing process. I have just under 6.5 ounces in a sweat cure right now and about a half oz in a jar for while waiting for the sweat cure. She is a very lovely strain and i have some fresh seeds to work with as well as a couple flourishing clones. She has a very citrusy, sweet smell and it comes through in the taste. She is very very potent and is only just beginning the climb to the top of the cure. Will update when the sweat cure is done and will do a full smoke report

Attachments

• IMG_3710.jpg
    IMG_3710.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3752.jpg
    IMG_3752.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3769.jpg
    IMG_3769.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3774.jpg
    IMG_3774.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
This lovely girl came down about 4 days ago. She is dry enough to go start the curing process. I have just under 6.5 ounces in a sweat cure right now and about a half oz in a jar for while waiting for the sweat cure. She is a very lovely strain and i have some fresh seeds to work with as well as a couple flourishing clones. She has a very citrusy, sweet smell and it comes through in the taste. She is very very potent and is only just beginning the climb to the top of the cure. Will update when the sweat cure is done and will do a full smoke report

Fuckin awesome! Im stoked for the smoke report

Hmm... for such a frosty landrace to exist in Greece, there has to have been a centuries-old hasheesh culture in the country.. which as far as I know, is not the case.

The so-called "landraces" are most likely strains brought to the country in the past century or so with all the over-seas trade, which is specific to Greece, but does that make it a "landrace"??

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Hmm... for such a frosty landrace to exist in Greece, there has to have been a centuries-old hasheesh culture in the country.. which as far as I know, is not the case.

The so-called "landraces" are most likely strains brought to the country in the past century or so with all the over-seas trade, which is specific to Greece, but does that make it a "landrace"??

If grown by local farmers for generations then maybe the fitting term would be heirloom

New hippydon

There is quite a long hashish tradition on greece and only after legal crackdowns did it move to turkey and albania as told to me by my greek friend and his family who live and grow in greece

acespicoli

per wiki- A landrace is a domesticated, locally adapted, traditional variety of a species of animal or plant that has developed over time, through adaptation to its natural and cultural environment of agriculture and pastoralism, and due to isolation from other populations of the species. "sounds good to me"

Unknown or Legendary - Greek Kalamata
We don’t often hear about strains from Greece. Harsh domestic drug policy stamped out much of the domestic cultivation back in the 1980s. The sad result? You can’t really find Greek Kalamata anywhere.

This strain has old lineages. It is sativa-dominant and possibly has roots in East Asian strains from 1,100 A.D. and some African genetics. Kalamata has a high-THC content and produces intense, racy effects. It can grow up to 15 feet tall with a citrus, woody aroma.

Latest posts

Latest posts