What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gummy Trials: The Last Gummy Recipe

FJ2000

Cool!
Doing a run tonight, just a cherry version of yours.
Picked up some of this for cherry-limeade bears. It’s citric acid and crystallized lime oil. Thanks for the recipe!!! 7000!? WTF!!! That’s insane!!
FJ

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Cool!
Doing a run tonight, just a cherry version of yours.
Picked up some of this for cherry-limeade bears. It’s citric acid and crystallized lime oil. Thanks for the recipe!!! 7000!? WTF!!! That’s insane!!
FJ

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79261&pictureid=1918063&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Should do the trick an add a preservative factor to your gummies :good:

Stoked to see how they turn out for ya. Feel free to post up any pictures of your progress :tiphat:

scrogrow

Totally subbed thanks man been wondering about gummy sour belts myself I get through a few packs on extre munchie occasions!

Can't wait to make my own or some sour gummy worms!!!

Oh hell yea! Damn fine job with the gummies so far! I'm looking forward to trying the recipe. We make bho based hard candies over here. The favorite flavor extracts we have found so far are watkins brand rootbeer and mccormick pure lemon. Potency wise we make each candy with +/- 5mg of bho concentrate.

scrogrow

Thanks for dropping in man :tiphat: Hope the recipe serves ya well but hold off on making them until the next update today :biggrin: I've finalized the recipe an process an felt comfortable to pump out a decent amount for friends an family. I also got the end process down better with a cornstarch dusting I'll explain in detail too.

Today I'm gonna start the potency tests to what's the limit flavor wise. Just pressed out about 35 grams of rosin for the trials :dance013:

As for the sour belts, those bad boys are actually fruit roll ups......I got a recipe for that too if ya like that was shared with me when I lived on Oahu.

Yes please buddy:peacock:

:woohoo:

scrogrow

Update coming tomorrow around noon, got super busy with the POG flavored gummy bears but the first potency trial went down. Gonna taste test them tomorrow an see what 14 mg about per bear taste like.

Oh ya ment noon your side of the pond?

OK man hahahhaha

By my watch that gives me about 5-6 hrs

scrogrow

Appreciate that man :tiphat: It's been fun trying to decode the gummy lol. Thanks for the heads up on the hard candy flavors. Can't beat some killer lemon sour hard candy.

Lemme dig it up tonight on my phone. Wrench got thrown into the machine....daughter got a gastrointestinal bug an been sick the last 2 days so playing catch up lol. We made some strawberry rhubarb (spelling) when we lived in Hawaii......boooooomb!!!!!! They definately don't last long in the house.

And away we go :dance013:...………..

My Gummy Recipe:

1 big box jello (170 grams)
6 tbsp knox gelatin
1-2 tsp citric acid powder
1 cup cold juice-no pulp
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup vegtable glycerin
1 tsp sunflower lecithin
5 tbsp coconut oil
2 drops Lorann Preserve-it Antioxidant
2 drops Lorann Mold inhibitor

The process is everything with it like tempering chocolate or making suckers with hard candy, temperature is the key. There are make it or brake it ingredients that make the difference between store bought an "There good if ya keep em in the fridge." Corn syrup gives the sweet an the citric acid gives a sour so go 2 tsp is ya favor the pucker effect. The citric acid also adds a shelf stability with its natural preservative nature. Vegtable glycerin give it the bounce an spring back that is essential. I'm alergic to soy an it sucks anyway so I use sunflower lecithin which is a must to keep the coconut oil emulsified an keep your concentrate in even levels between gummies. For the juice I like to use gateraide or other 100% juices like tart cherry is a killer one I found that I use in my fruit punch recipe. So lets get to the process........

I start by adding all my ingredients that are dry in a small sauce for a single batch, but a stew pot if you're going to do a bigger batch (380-390 bears per batch so make sure you have the molds to pour out a big batch if you do). Get your timer an set it to 20 minutes, add the juice an stir till evenly wet an no dry clumps an count down. This is the blooming process that is one of the essential steps to a quality gummy.

Now get your candy thermometer an stick it in so its half way into the mix but not touching the bottom. Put the heat on medium an raise the temp to 140 then slowly stir together till you have a nice liquid mix. Now you're going to raise it to 160, at that point you will add all the rest of the ingredients. Have all your ingredients measured an set aside ready while it blooms. I add lecithin, then coconut oil, veg glycerin, light corn syrup, the antioxidant drops then the mold inhibitor drops. I take a hand blender with a egg beater single attachment an mix everything till the coconut oil is fully emulsified. I use a soup ladle to mix later to not create more bubbles an it helps when you need to fill your squeeze bottle to fill the molds. Watch the temperature as to not go above 180, so once I hit 160 I turn down the heat to medium-low to get it at a working temp of 140-150. Once you get it to a workable temp you can start filling the molds. Keep mixing each time you go to refill your squeeze bottle.

Now that the molds are all filled you need to move them to the freezer for an hour. I used cheap aluminum serving trays that were a buck for 2 at the dollar store. I fit 2 on it an use cut pvc pieces to act as spacers an I stack 5 -6 trays in a shelf if that helps.

Once they come out you let them sit for another 3 hours to let them dry/cure a lil bit. Next step is the cornstarch dusting which is just a small pinch in a Tupperware with 1 mold of gummies at a time shaken up, then another pinch an shake some more until you notice then don't stick together an have a slight frost look. Immediately package with a heat sealer to preserve freshness an your done.

Thanks man!!

Someone from insta sent me medicated choc covered gummy strawberrys today

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Sweeeeeet! I guess I have to say pun intended now...

:tiphat: Burt Lurdsman here.. looks like I got some reading for tonight! Thanks!

redlaser

Veteran
Just finished the second recipe with the jolly rancher watermelon an damn does it taste exactly like it. Happy how these came out too with a little adjustment to the recipe. I’ll put it up tonight or tomorrow with some pics of the gummies.

For filling the molds I just went to Joannes an grabbed this silicone bottle to hold chocolate for writing with melted chocolate. I’m looking for a big injector type to use at the moment.

Really appreciate you taking the time to start this thread, I’ve wanted a good recipe for candy type edible.

I’ve tried this recipe a few times now, first time it seemed like there was a rubber taste, so I suspected the gelatin or glycerin.

Substituted the regular gelatin with agar agar, a supposed substitute made from red algae. Tried it twice and didn’t like that it doesn’t totally dissolve, kind of a grainy final product.

Went back to your original recipe last night and they come out fine this time, no rubber taste. Guessing it was the molds somehow gave off some silicone taste. Actually washed molds in dishwasher prior to using.

I’m using jolly rancher flavored apple jello, 79 gram small box, so roughly cutting recipe in half, adding a gram of infused coconut oil and getting 250 gummy bears, so 4 milligram per gummy.

Honestly one gummy is plenty strong, I have a fairly good tolerance, and take infused coco for a couple years now. Going to try half of one tonight to see how strong that is.

Kind of insane how much mileage you can get out of one gram of infused coconut oil. Way more than smoking equivalent amount would do.

I’m looking for a better gummy filler than the fat droppers that come with the molds, that seems to be the slowest part of the process

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Really appreciate you taking the time to start this thread, I’ve wanted a good recipe for candy type edible.

I’ve tried this recipe a few times now, first time it seemed like there was a rubber taste, so I suspected the gelatin or glycerin.

Substituted the regular gelatin with agar agar, a supposed substitute made from red algae. Tried it twice and didn’t like that it doesn’t totally dissolve, kind of a grainy final product.

Went back to your original recipe last night and they come out fine this time, no rubber taste. Guessing it was the molds somehow gave off some silicone taste. Actually washed molds in dishwasher prior to using.

I’m using jolly rancher flavored apple jello, 79 gram small box, so roughly cutting recipe in half, adding a gram of infused coconut oil and getting 250 gummy bears, so 4 milligram per gummy.

Honestly one gummy is plenty strong, I have a fairly good tolerance, and take infused coco for a couple years now. Going to try half of one tonight to see how strong that is.

Kind of insane how much mileage you can get out of one gram of infused coconut oil. Way more than smoking equivalent amount would do.

I’m looking for a better gummy filler than the fat droppers that come with the molds, that seems to be the slowest part of the process
I’ll snap a pic of what i use to fill. Makes life a lil easier.