What's new

Grow Room Ventilation WITH DRAWING - PLZ HELP !!

redleb961

Hey Everyone ,

After doing lots of research on the subject , i still got a couple things i'd like to ask you guys about .
Ive done many grows in the past (Indoor Tent+Outdoor) , so i'm basically quite familiar with most of the setups,techniques,etc .. But only done 1 successful grow in the grow Room so far , and i need your help to perfect the ventilation system .

Grow Room Specs

Room is rectangular
If you draw a rectangle , door is at the lower left corner , and window is at the far right line/wall .
I will post a drawing .

Space :
4.15 x 1.92 x 2.20h (in meters) = 18 m3
13.6 x 6.2 x 7.2h (in feet) = 635 ft3

Light :
1x 600w HPS

Cultivation :
4x Scrogged plants in Soil in 25L Pots

After doing calculations for 1 complete Air exchange per minute , i came to the conclusion that i would need a 635CFM fan or 1078m3/h .

I would need to purchase a new fan , but i already got a 187m3/h fan (Could be used for intake)

Now my questions are :

1) Should those calculations be made for the entire Room , or should they be calculated taking in consideration the number of plants/heat and space usage which is only 1x1.5m or 3.2x4.92ft for the 4 plants?

2) Would i need a Fan for Intake ? Or would the window be enough ? The window is composed of 2 separate frames (50x45cm)-(19,6x17,7inches) which slide one in front of the other .

3) What would the most optimal way be for setting up the ventilation system ? Foam board with 2 Holes (one for intake and one for extraction) ? Other options ?

Would really appreciate everyone's help !

Here's the Drawing :

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
You might get by with 600 watts all winter with no fan needed for cooling, odor control is another matter.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hey Everyone ,

After doing lots of research on the subject , i still got a couple things i'd like to ask you guys about .
Ive done many grows in the past (Indoor Tent+Outdoor) , so i'm basically quite familiar with most of the setups,techniques,etc .. But only done 1 successful grow in the grow Room so far , and i need your help to perfect the ventilation system .

Grow Room Specs

Room is rectangular
If you draw a rectangle , door is at the lower left corner , and window is at the far right line/wall .
I will post a drawing .

Space :
4.15 x 1.92 x 2.20h (in meters) = 18 m3
13.6 x 6.2 x 7.2h (in feet) = 635 ft3

Light :
1x 600w HPS

Cultivation :
4x Scrogged plants in Soil in 25L Pots

After doing calculations for 1 complete Air exchange per minute , i came to the conclusion that i would need a 635CFM fan or 1078m3/h .

I would need to purchase a new fan , but i already got a 187m3/h fan (Could be used for intake)

Now my questions are :

1) Should those calculations be made for the entire Room , or should they be calculated taking in consideration the number of plants/heat and space usage which is only 1x1.5m or 3.2x4.92ft for the 4 plants?

2) Would i need a Fan for Intake ? Or would the window be enough ? The window is composed of 2 separate frames (50x45cm)-(19,6x17,7inches) which slide one in front of the other .

3) What would the most optimal way be for setting up the ventilation system ? Foam board with 2 Holes (one for intake and one for extraction) ? Other options ?

Would really appreciate everyone's help !

Here's the Drawing :

View Image
I'd partition the room into grow area and lung room. 4 plants in a room that big (13'X6') w 600w, wouldnt be enough light concentration into 13'X6' w 4 plants...

BTW, if you have the means, go CMH.. 2X315W = 600w to 1000w hps.
Run cooler, less electricity.

EDIT: BTW, thats some shitty pic.. make it bigger so it can be seen

Latest posts

Latest posts