Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Crazy Carl's movie club, criterion edition

Thread Title Search
Crazy Carl's movie club, criterion edition Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2018, 09:12 PM #21
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
All a round good show and fine effort bro
I'm sure all of those will have a different twist.

Looking forward to hearing which is your favourite from the bunch. Looking forward to the final verdict. Thanks for keeping it all going

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:44 PM #22
lamenamenumbers

lamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to all
Alright gang, time for some updates. Sorry for the long delay, but between Christmas away from home and various power outages it's been tough to get online. Right on cue after the solstice a big winter storm blew through and the power was out for 4 or 5 days. I was worried that things might turn to (moldy) pot while I was gone without the fans and dehuey on in the drying tent. Luckily they had been drying long enough that my months of work were not wasted
Here are some random budshots. Sorry for the lack of labeling.
[url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?
lamenamenumbers is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:45 PM #23
lamenamenumbers

lamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to all

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:04 AM #24
rexamus616
I GOTA LUST FOR LIFE!!

rexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of light
love the jar pic man...

lovely work!
rexamus616 is offline Quote

Old 12-31-2018, 02:23 AM #25
lamenamenumbers

Thanks, those are jars of goodness. And they are 1 litre mason jars if you are curious. I don't have a scale, or the inclination to buy one, so yields are unknown. Each plant more or less filled 2 of the jars, give or take a bit. I guestimate each jar would be about an ounce? Alright, now for smoke reports. I'm still working my way through the types. Having not smoked for 14 years means a little goes a long way. Although I have some friends who are daily smokers who I gave some of each plant to who said they were taking notes. So I'll put their two cents in.

SPGXBB #2: this was the untopped plant with little side branching. A little less fruity than the #1 taste wise, but still nice and smooth. The effect was less up than the #1, still with the big grin, but more stoney. It also seemed to last longer.

Citra Paradiso#2: the topped plant with rounder, bigger buds: smooth smoke. Happy up effect, longer lasting than either of the spgxbb plants.

Northern Lightsxchemd #1: this was the super sugary topped plant. Definitely the bell ringer so far. Almost above my pay grade in terms of potency right now. I smoked it with some friends who have been smoking daily for decades and they said it was definitely more potent than the citra paradiso or spgxbb they tried. Taste and smell wise the rubbery yoga mat smell is gone and replaced with an earthy/herbal smell and taste. Some have tasted pine. Body was tingly, almost feeling tense. Quite cerebral as well with some deeper introspective thoughts. Would be good for meditating or contemplating life. The effects lasted quite a while too.

Lullablox: Well there might be some CBD in there, but there is definitely some psychoactive thc in there because I am baked as I type this. Taste wise it's been described as soapy, but I taste a bit of berry or sweetness. Dopey smiley effect, potent and long lasting. Good for puttering as you can still move and get things done.

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:02 AM #26
lamenamenumbers

First off, happy New Year everybody. In what I hope is a new years day tradition, I agonized over what to sprout next while I was cleaning the tent out. All the while under the influence of the Citra paradiso number 1, which had the less fruity spear shaped buds. Can't quite give you guys a good description taste wise, other than to say it is not nearly as fruity as the other Citra paradiso. The effect however is stronger and longer lasting. Not as smiley, but very cerebral with excellent focus and a desire to keep moving. I also found sounds to be especially crisp and enjoyable. A great companion for my morning yoga. Very easy to stay focused on what your body is feeling and respond accordingly. Definitely won't be throwing these jars in the compost

Now on to the next round After the first round and reflecting on it I was thinking that I should be more efficient with the next round and focus on one or two varieties. Well then I whipped out the old movie collection and completely disregarded that sensible advice. This round won't be especially filled with the narrow leaf varieties. The first round has given me plenty of energizing up vibes. I also need these to be finished, dried and out of the guest bedroom for the spring/summer guest avalanche. I plan on running sweet skunk and incense haze hybrids for my late summer into fall crop when it will be easier to control temps in the house and tent.

As for this round I read through some of the older threads for some inspiration as to what to pick and decided that I would have to throw some mentalfloss seeds in a shot glass and see what pops up. It seems to be one of the quintessential Chimera strains. And who doesn't love a little mystery in a strain? Also from the older end of the catalogue I put three c-plus in water for good measure. I'm hoping to get one fun and fruity gal out of there. I also germinated about ten ancestral skunks. If one is a lady and makes it to maturity I'll be tickled pink. I got the sweet skunk xl as a freebie with one of my orders and decided to plop one of those in some water to represent the sweet skunk lines, and see what it looks like with a little more beefing up. I really loved the lullablox from the firs run and so I germinated a few of the Domxblockhead (which I think is Schnazzleberry # 4, correct me if I'm wrong). And because I don't think I've seen any documentation of it I threw some Kingxblockhead in water. Hoping for some potent day enders from the last two varieties. I can't believe I din't pop anything with grapefruit in it, but we shall what actually grows out of all this nonsense. Although I've got the Soulshinexblockhead slated to keep the tomatoes company in the greenhouse this summer. Can't wait to see what everyone else has planned to grow in this new year.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:09 AM #27
lamenamenumbers

Alright gang, before getting to the next round, I've got one more initial smoke report from the first round. I tried the other NlxChemD after work yesterday and really enjoyed it. The somewhat industrial chemical smell didn't translate into the taste. Surprisingly tasty and exceptionally smooth. Pleasantly surprised as this was the plant that least intrigued me while it was growing. The effect was an instant loosening of any tension in the body. A playful stoney high with good legs. Really like this one. Of all the strains this one definitely dries out your mouth, and makes you very thirsty. Great taste, comfortable pleasant high with total clarity once the effects have worn off. Really curious to see how this one develops in the jars.

Now for the next round of plants. Fantastic germination rates so far. The domxblockhead and the kingxblockhead both went 3 for 3. (I'm considering cracking a tail that is visible during the soak a success and that is what the numbers refer to). The sweetskunkxl was 1 for 1. The mental floss was 4 of 5 and the Cplus was 3 of 4. The ancestral skunks were 2 of 10. They are under the light and on top of the heat mat now so I'm sure more seeds will find there way towards the light in the next week or two. I just have to be patient and not get curious after a few days and start digging around with my fingers like I did last time and crush a few that would have made it. I'll wait at least a week this time..

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:40 AM #28
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Very successful so far lamenamenumbers,

Loving the selections and looking forward to more. The C+ will behave more like the SS hybrids and can get very stretchy/branchy. I grew one once in my greenhouse and it totally outgrew the other plants in there.

Also watch the Ancestral for sacks, seems like they have a propensity for dropping pollen.

Looking forward to more

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:33 PM #29
lamenamenumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
Very successful so far lamenamenumbers,

Loving the selections and looking forward to more. The C+ will behave more like the SS hybrids and can get very stretchy/branchy. I grew one once in my greenhouse and it totally outgrew the other plants in there.

Also watch the Ancestral for sacks, seems like they have a propensity for dropping pollen.

Looking forward to more
Thanks for the tips. I wasn't nearly vigilant enough about looking for sacks in the first round and ended up with some seeds. Which isn't a bad thing really. Especially since the plant with the most seeds (about 5 at this point) was the super resionous NlxChemd that I don't have any more seeds of. I really have to keep the roosters out of the chicken coop this time.

And I'll make note to keep my eye on the C-plus. Anyone have any thoughts on pruning and training of the blockhead lines? Is it best left untopped, but pinched? I was thinking of doing more pruning, training and vegging this round to have a more complete canopy and strip the lowers (I didn't care for trimming little popcorn buds very much and would rather the plants focused their energy on bigger buds)

I hope everyone's garden is looking lush to start off the new year.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:55 PM #30
zif

zif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamenamenumbers View Post
I tried the other NlxChemD after work yesterday and really enjoyed it. The somewhat industrial chemical smell didn't translate into the taste. Surprisingly tasty and exceptionally smooth. Pleasantly surprised as this was the plant that least intrigued me while it was growing. The effect was an instant loosening of any tension in the body. A playful stoney high with good legs. Really like this one. Of all the strains this one definitely dries out your mouth, and makes you very thirsty. Great taste, comfortable pleasant high with total clarity once the effects have worn off. Really curious to see how this one develops in the jars.
Nice to hear from someone else enjoying the NLxCD! I liked the first plant I tried so much that I did an open pollination of the rest of the pack. All four females in that run had quite similar aromas, although they were muted given the heavy seed set.

She is notably shelf stable. Some other varieties seem to gain a lot with a cure, some definitely lose most of what made them special, but these seem to keep the best of the profile over the long haul. In my jars, anyhow. Looking forward to hearing how yours go!
zif is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.