Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Crazy Carl's movie club, criterion edition

Thread Title Search
Crazy Carl's movie club, criterion edition Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2018, 04:17 AM #11
lamenamenumbers

lamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to all
Thanks for the kind words guys, your grows in this thread have been big motivators for me. So thank you for posting your journeys, they have taught me a lot. This is my first indoor grow ever. Other than starting seeds to do battle with the cold wet mountains of Coastal B.C. that is. And I think my last kick at that can was more than a decade ago.

The set up is a 5x5x6.5 foot tall tent. The light is a sun system 630 CMH( Kind of my dream light). It is the one with two 315 watt bulbs, not a single 630. Carbon filter hooked up to a 4 inch exhaust fan which sits on a yoga mat outside the tent (the yoga mat dampens the sound from the vibration extremely well). One little clip fan and then a dehumidifier which sits outside the tent and which I run during lights out to control the ambient humidity in the room which seems to keep the humidity in the tent right where I want it. (which is on the lower side of 40 with the all of graprefruit genes in the tent).

As for the soil mix it's pretty much a standard super soil recipe, although I upped my calcium and perlite when I remixed it when I up-potted. It also went anaerobic when I forgot about it for a few weeks. No problem though, I just dumped it out on tarp and it reverted pretty quickly. The stench attracted a little black bear though. I forgot to take a picture, but he was just old enough to be on his own and left adorable "little" paw prints in the soil

So in the end it would be:
one bale of promix hp
two bags of earthworm castings
about 4 cubic feet of perlite
8 cups bone meal
4 cups blood meal
1 and 1/3 cups Epsom salts (I would probably bump this up to 2 cups next time)
Now the calcium inputs are where things get foggy. I think I may have read the 3-4 cups of dolomite lime as 3/4 cups when I first mixed it up and saw some calcium deficiencies early on. So I added a bunch when I remixed it. So lets say it has a minimum of 3-4 cups of dolomite lime and 3-4 cups of Gypsum.
4 cups of kelp meal

At transplants I add a few tablespoons of an organic beneficial micro-organism containing soil activator and with waterings I add a locally made organic "slurry" that is basically em's with molasses. Nothing but water since week 7. Just trying to build a soil full of life and keep the critters in it happy. One day I'll get around to starting my own worm bin and getting an EM mother culture going.
lamenamenumbers is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:11 AM #12
lamenamenumbers

lamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to alllamenamenumbers is a name known to all
Currently cutting and trimming like a madman. Cut the very purple super grapefruity SPGxBB last Thursday and took down the NLxCHemd with airier buds last night along with the citra paradiso with more pyramidal narrow buds last night. House absolutely reeks of weed so decided to call it for the others so I can have everything in the tent and scrub the stank through the carbon filter. The tent will also give me more control over temperature and humidity. I think they were drying a bit too quickly in the closet. Will post pics and thoughts once the work is done, hopefully later this week. Although any harvest, trimming and drying tips would be appreciated. Thus far I've determined that trimming sucks and growing is far more fun.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:22 AM #13
lamenamenumbers

Alright gang, the trimming is all done and things are drying and/or curing merrily away. I can now confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that growing weed is more fun than trimming it. I'm glad to put the fiskars away for a few months after having a hot date with them every night after work this past week. Starting with the SPGxBB that had been topped and was very purple and grapefruit smelling.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:28 AM #14
lamenamenumbers

The First Citra paradiso

This was the biggest pain in the ass to trim of the lot

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:32 AM #15
lamenamenumbers

The first NLxChemd which developed a subtler more floral/herbal smell in the last week. Not the fuely/ rubbery smell it had most of it's life. The resin queen from this round.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:35 AM #16
lamenamenumbers

And here is the lullablox, which has me strongly considering running a bunch of the blockhead crosses I have next round. I really liked this plant and like the idea of cramming the tent with these stumpy beauties.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:39 AM #17
lamenamenumbers

And the other NLxChemd which smells incredibly strong, but not what I would call good per se. At harvest, the buds smelled like something that could strip paint or dissolve concrete and have a million warning labels on it. I guess that would put it in the fuely terp category. So if that's your deal, grab some of these seeds.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:43 AM #18
lamenamenumbers

And the second SPGxBB, which has a grapefruity citrusy smell and some gorgeous colouration. I hope the pick of the red/purple stems turned out o.k.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:45 AM #19
lamenamenumbers

And the second citra paradiso that had a wonderful grapefruit smell and wonderful plump buds. The gangster lean is due to a leaf plucking incident early in life which obviously took off more than the leaf.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:04 AM #20
lamenamenumbers

And here is one of my favourite parts, the root autopsy!

I also smoked the first SPGxBB that came down first about a week ago. I think it dried out quicker than I would have liked, but hopefully some of the gorgeous grapefruit smell it exuded while growing will come back now that it is in Mason Jars. I have to remind myself that this is all learning and along with growing I have to learn the harvesting/drying/curing side of things to. This was my first time smoking in 14 or so years so I was a little nervous. Turns out it's like riding a bike. Not much on the taste front, but after only a week I hope that's to be expected. The high was exactly what I hoped for from this cross and what I remembered from grapefruit almost two decades ago (love at first toke and my growing quest is to have that same flavour I had from that bag) The stupid grin came on quick and stuck around for a while. A nice easing of tension and soreness in the body, which is great for my back. I felt loose and movement was fluid. You definitely want to move if you hear music, or even if there is no music. I was pleasantly surprised by the energy I had, very productive and good for puttering. Although I may not have had lazer like focus and dedication to the task at hand. Easy to get distracted, but that's what puttering about the house is all about on a Saturday afternoon is all about. So far no harsh burn out, just sore from smiling so much

4 members found this post helpful.