Thanks for the kind words guys, your grows in this thread have been big motivators for me. So thank you for posting your journeys, they have taught me a lot. This is my first indoor grow ever. Other than starting seeds to do battle with the cold wet mountains of Coastal B.C. that is. And I think my last kick at that can was more than a decade ago.
The set up is a 5x5x6.5 foot tall tent. The light is a sun system 630 CMH( Kind of my dream light). It is the one with two 315 watt bulbs, not a single 630. Carbon filter hooked up to a 4 inch exhaust fan which sits on a yoga mat outside the tent (the yoga mat dampens the sound from the vibration extremely well). One little clip fan and then a dehumidifier which sits outside the tent and which I run during lights out to control the ambient humidity in the room which seems to keep the humidity in the tent right where I want it. (which is on the lower side of 40 with the all of graprefruit genes in the tent).
As for the soil mix it's pretty much a standard super soil recipe, although I upped my calcium and perlite when I remixed it when I up-potted. It also went anaerobic when I forgot about it for a few weeks. No problem though, I just dumped it out on tarp and it reverted pretty quickly. The stench attracted a little black bear though. I forgot to take a picture, but he was just old enough to be on his own and left adorable "little" paw prints in the soil
So in the end it would be:
one bale of promix hp
two bags of earthworm castings
about 4 cubic feet of perlite
8 cups bone meal
4 cups blood meal
1 and 1/3 cups Epsom salts (I would probably bump this up to 2 cups next time)
Now the calcium inputs are where things get foggy. I think I may have read the 3-4 cups of dolomite lime as 3/4 cups when I first mixed it up and saw some calcium deficiencies early on. So I added a bunch when I remixed it. So lets say it has a minimum of 3-4 cups of dolomite lime and 3-4 cups of Gypsum.
4 cups of kelp meal
At transplants I add a few tablespoons of an organic beneficial micro-organism containing soil activator and with waterings I add a locally made organic "slurry" that is basically em's with molasses. Nothing but water since week 7. Just trying to build a soil full of life and keep the critters in it happy. One day I'll get around to starting my own worm bin and getting an EM mother culture going.