Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Chimera strain mélange.

Thread Title Search
Chimera strain mélange. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2018, 06:52 PM #1
Jahaze

Jahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of light
Chimera strain mélange.

Its been a while since I posted or documented chimera grows and photos and thought it may be time since I currently have a number of chimera strains currently in various stages of growth. As the title suggests this tread will feature all of the strains I currently have from different lines. I currently have plants from the BB, Jack, BH, and SS lines in either my veg or flower room. Once I have cleared some space I will go through the ChemBx and specialty offerings such as cookies S1 again. Some of the plants I have in flower are on the smaller side and usually trained for my particular setup so may not have the typical structure while I test them. First up is 10 need seedlings that broke ground in the past few days. I planted 12 but one never opened and and another did not survive the transplant. Top row is BC Pine Skunk x Jack (Jack Pine), next four is Burmese Sativa x BB (Fighting Buddah), Bottom two are Sweet Skunk x Jack.

Jahaze is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:00 PM #2
Jahaze

Jahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of light
Up next is a few Block Head crosses I have in veg. Two bigger plants in back row are Melody Kush x BH (both females). Bottom row from left to right are 2 Warlock x BH and the last one is UK Cheese x BH. The 3 smaller pots still have unconfirmed sex so no telling how many will be females...although I should be able to see something in the next week or so.

Group:

Warlock x BH:

Cheese x BH:
Jahaze is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:21 PM #3
Jahaze

These two plants are in flower right now...The plant on the left is a Mental Floss X BB, and the other an SLK x BH. Having some experience with the SLK line I really pruned the plant to produce as many side shoots as possible to keep height manageable since this line tends to stretch like crazy. I removed the lower third simply to control growth...very vigorous growth on this one. The Mental floss x BB I finally got around to trying after years of having seeds but never planting. During the last days of Breeders Retail flash sale I picked up more Mental floss seeds so I will be exploring this line a bit more than others. The stem on the Mental floss is thick and sturdy with a beautiful stripe running 2/3 of the way down. I snapped the picture of her before some defoil but she will most likely end up like the SLK x BH in appearance. Anyhow, 3 seeds of each started and only one female each.

MF on Left, SLK right: , MF stem: , SLKxBH stem: , Top view:
Jahaze is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:30 PM #4
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Glad to see you're back on the horse Jahaze

Looking forward to the Cheese, Warlock crosses with the Blox. I wonder if these two are going to have a similar aroma..

Also great to see Fighting Buddha make an appearance. Effect wise she's a winner.. Original Mental Floss too!

Looking like a great line up Welcome back

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:27 PM #5
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
Here for the show, front row!

Interested to see/hear what you find in Jack Pine. And really interested and looking forward to the Warlock x BH!

MF x BB? Was this available at some point, or are they seeds you made? Should be some strong Blueberry expressions with (? x BB) x BB. (If I have that correct - ?)
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2018, 06:08 PM #6
Jahaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
Glad to see you're back on the horse Jahaze

Looking forward to the Cheese, Warlock crosses with the Blox. I wonder if these two are going to have a similar aroma..

Also great to see Fighting Buddha make an appearance. Effect wise she's a winner.. Original Mental Floss too!

Looking like a great line up Welcome back
Thanks Kalbhairav, its good to start growing some new chimera lines. I spent the last year trying other breeders and some of my own pollen chucks. There were some hits and misses but its time to plants some of these seeds since I have so many from the various sales and years of hoarding. Anyhow, the Cheese and Warlock plants are starting to show sex and so far I think one is a male on the Warlock side. I think the other two are females but still too early to tell...fingers crossed as I want to see how chims BH plays with skunk derivatives.
Jahaze is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2018, 06:27 PM #7
Jahaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
MF x BB? Was this available at some point, or are they seeds you made? Should be some strong Blueberry expressions with (? x BB) x BB. (If I have that correct - ?)
Hi Shmavis. I have a few packs of the original MFxBB I purchased years ago from Canada and two from when they were available at Seedbay and Breeders Retail. I still have quite a few of the BB line in unopened packs and will probably be popping them soon after this batch. I have C-Plus, Mental Floss, Fighting Buddah, Highland Mex, GFx BB, Dolce, and about 30 seeds from the original Ultimix. Always wanted to try the M Floss but for one reason or another I always went in a different direction until now. I also have the MF xSS which should also be interesting but wanted to to start with the BB line. BTW, I recently saw mental floss regs from RGC under the Gypsy N. collection but am not sure if those are crossed to the BB or Jack line.

Last edited by Jahaze; 11-14-2018 at 04:35 AM..
Jahaze is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2018, 06:59 PM #8
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
Hey Shmavis,

I think Jahaze is talking about the original Mental Floss, aka Mental Floss x BB which is basically 'unknown' x Blueberry.

Even though the subsequent releases were called, Mental Floss x Jack; Mental Floss x Blockhead etc, it's still the unknown mother pollinated by either the Jack line or Blockhead line or the reversed SS#10 female elite.

I'm pretty sure this is correct.. the unknown mother in the Jack and Blockhead line is the same as the Blueberry line, not a line bred 'unknown' x Blueberry female.
Kalbhairav is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:15 AM #9
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaze View Post
Hi Shmavis. I have a few packs of the original MFxBB I purchased years ago from Canada and two from when they were available at Seedbay and Breeders Retail. I still have quite a few of the BB line in unopened packs and will probably be popping them soon after this batch. I have C-Plus, Mental Floss, Fighting Buddah, Highland Mex, GFx BB, Dolce, and about 30 seeds from the original Ultimix. Always wanted to try the M Floss but for one reason or another I always went in a different direction until know. I also have the MF xSS which should also be interesting but wanted to to start with the BB line. BTW, I recently saw mental floss regs from RGC under the Gypsy N. collection but am not sure if those are crossed to the BB or Jack line.
Hell yeah! That’s a lot of Blueberry hybrids you’ve got in store - sounds yummy. I have Mental Floss #1 too. And look forward to the day it gets its turn. Before that happens though, I plan to dig through the Schnazz lines. Really looking forward to exploring those as I have #2, #3, & #4. I think the Mental Floss at RGS is #1. Any near future plans for Dolce? It was one of the ones on my someday list. And would love to see a well-grown grow show of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
Hey Shmavis,

I think Jahaze is talking about the original Mental Floss, aka Mental Floss x BB which is basically 'unknown' x Blueberry.

Even though the subsequent releases were called, Mental Floss x Jack; Mental Floss x Blockhead etc, it's still the unknown mother pollinated by either the Jack line or Blockhead line or the reversed SS#10 female elite.

I'm pretty sure this is correct.. the unknown mother in the Jack and Blockhead line is the same as the Blueberry line, not a line bred 'unknown' x Blueberry female.
Hi Kal,

Thanks so much for the info! I mistakenly took Mental Floss to be: ? x BB, and as such thought Mental Floss in the subsequent releases to be a selection from the seed line of #1. I didn’t realize that ‘Mental Floss’ is actually the descriptor for the unknown mother. Perhaps the better way to think of (classify) each MF release is numerically then, as they are.

Thanks again!
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 11-27-2018, 08:56 PM #10
Jahaze

Nothing major to update but figured I'd post a few photos so we can document progress. Below are group photos of the seedlings moving along nicely. After the photos, I pinched off the tips to promote multiple stems which suit my room and environment better. First up:

Sweet Skunk x Jack

Pine Skunk x Jack

Burmese x Blueberry
Jahaze is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.