Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Legit site?

Thread Title Search
Legit site? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2018, 07:03 PM #11
ULMW

ULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud of
Chimera has mentioned 2 Italian sites and Gypsy Nirvana Collection on Real Gorilla Seeds Seed Boutique pages are only places you will find legit as far as I can tell and have researched.
Send Chimera a msg if in doubt he knows who has his seeds that are authentic. Hope you get thru and enjoy your grows
ULMW is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2018, 07:14 PM #12
Marlee1119

Marlee1119 will become famous soon enough
Maybe @Chimera could chime in and verify but I think this site is highly unlikely a reputable source..appreciate everyone putting thoughts in on this..peace
Marlee1119 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:15 PM #13
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlee1119 View Post
So putzing around I came across a site that had alot of chimera gear as well as others..it is very similar to another Canadian bank in it's format and setup..it seems a bit dubious..I don't want to violate any TOU so not sure how to make this site aware?
Very similar to HD. Right down to the order form. Seems a bit suspicious. I noticed the copyright is from 2016, so it's been out there for at least a couple years? Never heard of them before. But I like that they have descriptions - if nothing else, a good reference for info.

Chimera makes no mention of the Netherlands as a source for his gear:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Just a quick note on the thread title: yes - Cannabis will be legal in Canada as of October 17th 2018.

Production, sale and distribution of flowers and seeds will be a tightly regulated industry and seedbanks are not part of the picture. Certainly no legal seedbanks will be shipping to the US.

We are exploring options for the new market but nothing in stone yet. I have some stock produced and stored legally in Europe that may find it's way into solid hands, but my brand was intentionally removed from distributors in Canada years ago and we are not working with any Canadian seed distributors operating outside of the current legal paradigm.

The world has changed and we have a lot to bring the new industry, but we have to play by the rules and working with seed suppliers & distributors in Europe that supply Canadian banks seemed like a short sighted risk for little reward, given the huge changes coming to this global industry. I decided to pull the brand from the Canadian marketplace long ago in favour of the future, and this is what I am working towards currently.

More info to come when things solidify. For now, the only Chimera Seed available worldwide are being sold through 100% legal channels in the UK and one or 2 shops in Italy, where seeds are also 100% legal.
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:17 PM #14
Marlee1119

That's exactly who I thought of as well..wonder if they r connected somehow? Maybe I'll send a msg n try n get some more info

Old 09-30-2018, 07:30 PM #15
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
I wondered that as well. It's possible, given how similar the format. But it seems it would be mentioned on the sites. As in, "If you don't see what you want, check our sister site, at:" or some such statement.
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2018, 07:46 PM #16
Marlee1119

I emailed HD and let everyone what the scoop is..peace

Old 09-30-2018, 07:49 PM #17
Marlee1119

Just got a quik email from HD, they are NOT affiliated in anyway and also agree it looks scammish..buyers beware!!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:56 PM #18
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Thanks Marlee for the heads-up! I was going to say that HD has always responded quickly to emails, but might not on a Sunday, but apparently even on Sundays, good on them!

Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2018, 08:26 PM #19
Marlee1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
Thanks Marlee for the heads-up! I was going to say that HD has always responded quickly to emails, but might not on a Sunday, but apparently even on Sundays, good on them!
Hes always been real responsive and quik..he's a great dude..hes looking into them as well as their sites r so similar..hope everyone has a great day..peace

Old 09-30-2018, 09:21 PM #20
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Sent Chimera PM regarding your query. Thanks for the heads up.

We were targeted last year by a faux site Stardust that stole Great Lakes Genetics gear, us and others listed on site.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.