What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reservoir Sour Diesel IBL / SD IBL

manpan

Does anyone have any experience with Reservoir's 2011 Sour Diesel IBL? Is it any good? Or is it luck of the draw?

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the right pheno is really good stuff, great tasting.

i made f2's and a bunch of people grew them out, we found though you need at least a 10 plant selection to find a real strong tasting one.

a small piece from last run of it, i have some pics of bho i made from it too

picture.php

View image in gallery

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
He is correct same for Chemdog. I wanted 10 plant selection to find my preference but then again I do that with everything...

gh0stm0de

I had great success with Rez's beans. I have never found a Sour D quite as loud as the keeper pheno I got out of Rez's V3. (Predecessor to IBL) ran buddys IBL cut and it was solid too.

I feel it should be mentioned that Rezdog got Chemdog locked up, and is a scumbag. At this point, its extremely doubtful that he still receives proceeds from his sales, but there are a great many options for Sour D beans out there.

Consider looking into Top Dawg for starters. Far as I know jjnyc is legit and AJ Sour gets a lot of buzz. I am gonna give Purple City Genetic's AJ cut a run here next round meself.

Good luck on your search for sour

manpan

Thanks for responses. Reason why I had asked is that I found an old pack from 2011 oF SD IBL and wanted to see if anyone had experience with that drop.

I'm planning on making F2s, but instead of picking the best male and female, I was thinking I would let all the males pollinate all the females to get the most "variation" so the potential for finding something potent would be greater.

Since these are "IBLs" supposedly, they should all be somewhat identical, but I'm reading that there's at least 2 types - a tall variation and a small bushy variation.

I already popped them and their in soil. Pretty good germination .. I think I got 9 out of 10. Some of the seedlings look kinda weird tho.

quiescent

Sounds like a good plan. Watch out for the intersex plants and cull them. There will probably be a couple that at least throw sterile nanners, if possible don't include them in the genepool for the sake of future generations.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for responses. Reason why I had asked is that I found an old pack from 2011 oF SD IBL and wanted to see if anyone had experience with that drop.

I'm planning on making F2s, but instead of picking the best male and female, I was thinking I would let all the males pollinate all the females to get the most "variation" so the potential for finding something potent would be greater.

Since these are "IBLs" supposedly, they should all be somewhat identical, but I'm reading that there's at least 2 types - a tall variation and a small bushy variation.

I already popped them and their in soil. Pretty good germination .. I think I got 9 out of 10. Some of the seedlings look kinda weird tho.

I ran several packs. No they are not identical and there is some variation. He used multiple males and females and did not gimp his line with 1 to 1's.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Where the hell do i find these rez seeds sour diesel ibl seeds been looking forever and closest i can find to it is swerves "the cali connections" (original sour diesel) which is alright but not this ibl seed i know they are not true ibl's as inbred lines should only show one to two true phenotypes with very very little variation as all plants cannot be exactly the same... but anyways im here for the show to watch what i wished i had :tiphat:

manpan

How do the freebies work?

I'm not promising anything because this will take several months and anything could happen - I kill them, they die, etc. - , but if I send freebies, can you request them?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where the hell do i find these rez seeds sour diesel ibl seeds been looking forever and closest i can find to it is swerves "the cali connections" (original sour diesel) which is alright but not this ibl seed i know they are not true ibl's as inbred lines should only show one to two true phenotypes with very very little variation as all plants cannot be exactly the same... but anyways im here for the show to watch what i wished i had :tiphat:

Some are sour some are diesel with an odd one out that had a much more bushy growth very diesel little sour but VERY funky skunky type thing. I really wish I had been able to keep it a live lost it due to security reasons long time ago. In general about 2 phenos for the most part. He had a very sour male and a very diesel one. Alpha and Omega he called them. The diesel ones more of a spear shape bud the sour more domed or rounded.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Some are sour some are diesel with an odd one out that had a much more bushy growth very diesel little sour but VERY funky skunky type thing. I really wish I had been able to keep it a live lost it due to security reasons long time ago. In general about 2 phenos for the most part. He had a very sour male and a very diesel one. Alpha and Omega he called them. The diesel ones more of a spear shape bud the sour more domed or rounded.

That sounds frikkin dank!! I would love to acquire a pheno from popping some of those suckers. Every bag of sour diesel I get now days is more skunk funk with light lemon notes than that sour dankness lol your description made me salivate

Happy Times

One I had seen a while ago on the Tude’ was Loud seeds, there was like a 7/8 sour and some other stuff that looked like backcrosses? I think they were showing out of stock for quite some time. No personal experience though, just seed nerdin’

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
We have lots of Res stuff still in stock at Seed Boutique RealGorillaSeeds.com
Sssdh S1
sssdh x g13
Sssdh ixi

Also Classic seeds has got a few sour Diesel, and Chem Dog crosses aswell we have a fair bit of there stock , check the website out..

Moe Funk

What you want is Karma's Headbanger line. The mom is an exquisite SDIBL from what, '06 I believe, and that line WILL throw out very loud sourd phenos. Closest you're gonna find to prime sour from Rez. Later gen stock can suck a fat one.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
One I had seen a while ago on the Tude’ was Loud seeds, there was like a 7/8 sour and some other stuff that looked like backcrosses? I think they were showing out of stock for quite some time. No personal experience though, just seed nerdin’

I can attest to the legitimacy of the 7/8 Sour by loud. It’s really a good line to look for a good pheno.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Ive been a fan of James Louds work since i had the honour to try out the Loud Scout it was purple had some nice girl scout cookies notes with a danky OG flav to it fuckin' lost my bag of it to find it like 6 to 7 months later still sticky and moist so i know James works some good gear also think i seen 7/8 sour packs on a seedbank site think i will have to invest in a pack or so but still will be hunting for that rez sd ibl lol man this thread is frikkin helpful thanks yall

manpan

10 out of 11 popped. They're in cups now, about 3 inches. very leggy. I don't know if that's normal.

I'll grow them out in soil, but I need a new light. I have a HID right now but it gets so hot and consumes so much electricity, so I'm thinking of going with LED - which I know nothing about.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't want to have to build anything .. I just want something straight out of the box that I could just plug in the wall, say 1000 watts.

Latest posts

Latest posts