Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Choice Chimeras

Thread Title Search
Choice Chimeras Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2018, 05:27 PM #11
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Yep, the sweet skunk x jack will definitely be good. The Dolce Sativa was one of the best of the blue series so the ss x jack will probably be great. It's going to be a lemon/pineapple/mango experience with quite a zippy high in my unprofessional estimation

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:58 PM #12
zif

zif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nice
Sour Diesel x Sweet Skunk

This one caught me off guard.

She had a lovely structure, similar to the Congo x Sweet Skunk with slightly wider leaves.

But during flowering she was otherwise overshadowed. Nothing obvious stood out about her: nice but 'average' aroma; resinous, but not to the freak-show level of the NL2 x ChemDbx; NLD-ish, but not as strongly as, say, the thunk; came in about 80 days, so middle of the pack there, too; early samples 'worked', but mild taste/aroma and 'average' seeming effect. She had one annoying trait - threw a couple of male flowers a few weeks in. Nothing that a little vigilance wouldn't take care of, though.

After three months of curing, though, wow!! She now has a lovely energizing effect, carried on literally mint-julep flavored vapor. There's a strong, lingering mint flavor that just coats your mouth and an intense lime top note, with a rich rummy/fuel base. Really, really nice. A reminder that while some plants barely need a cure, or even rapidly lose their appeal, others just keep getting better!

Nearing the cut:

SD x SS in back, NL2 cross in front midway through flowering:
zif is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:04 PM #13
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Sounds like you had a sleeper there; one of those plants that makes it self known a little later. As Jahaze might attest, there's really good plants to be found in the SD x SS.

What else do you have running zif? How are the NL2xChem shaping up?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:09 PM #14
zif

zif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
What else do you have running zif? How are the NL2xChem shaping up?
It takes me some time to ‘build’ and completely back-up a plant through grafting. I liked the NL2 x ChemDbx a lot, hence the OP run.

That looks like I’ll end up with 3 or 4 females and 3 or 2 males. Less than I’d prefer, but ok. There is one scion that is extremely rank, almost catpiss. The others are not as loud, but it’s still early veg. This to-be-flowered rootstock also has another SD x SS, maybe a Purple X or two, and if time allows a Bubba x BH or two.

I’m getting my thoughts together on a finished Haze 5 x sk1/hz, OH x sk1, schnazzleberry, and of course the NL2 cross. =)
zif is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:43 PM #15
zif

NL2 x ChemD bx

I love this plant.

Flavor has a loud pine foreground and swirling complex menthol, lime, and wood background. Clear family resemblance to several Chem D x GSC plants I've run, but much, much nicer.

Vapor pours off of her. It's like milk, and makes everything else seem like water.

Long lasting, mostly cerebral effect. Shimmering, really. Just shy of keeping me awake at night. A bonus is her full body ache and pain erasure. Phenomenal!

I had a bag that was similar in 1994, and that was my standout over all these years. Like the bag then, I found myself wanting to taste her every session. But through force of will would often try something else. Even with her comparatively heavy yield, she was the first to run out! =)

Well cured:

80 days:

46 days:
zif is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:56 PM #16
EvergreenState

EvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud of
Very, very nice zif. Your descriptions and photos make these strains enticing. Great job.
Political zealotry makes one blind to sincere human emotions.
A socially inept man created the world's largest social networking site and is telling the world what is social.
EvergreenState is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 06:18 AM #17
rexamus616
I GOTA LUST FOR LIFE!!

rexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of light
how many plants did you run of the NL2 x Chemd bx Zif?

was it potent compared to other strains?
rexamus616 is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 03:09 PM #18
zif

^ she’s the first. I popped the rest of the pack after the first few tastes of her, but have not been flowering anything thanks to a sustained heat wave here. Hoping to see more examples soon, though!

She is very potent, but the quality of high is what stands out even more.

For reference, the Schnazz #3 is the only thing I’ve kept that might be stronger. But that is a heavily couchlock effect. Amazing for insomnia, but not for parties!

This plant, though, is what I want to smoke at a concert or hanging out with friends.
zif is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:31 AM #19
rexamus616
I GOTA LUST FOR LIFE!!

rexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome. Thanks for the description mate

And lovely pictures too, by the way! The well cured bud looks incredible!
rexamus616 is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 02:52 PM #20
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Definitely a good description. Nice grow zif

All the Chem D bx lines got some great feedback. The Incense Haze and SPG variants were a bit under represented though. Would be good to see more grows of these two.

3 members found this post helpful.