Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Choice Chimeras

Thread Title Search
Choice Chimeras Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2018, 11:23 PM #1
zif

zif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nice
Choice Chimeras

Decided to put together a consolidated thread of all things Chimera, Cultivator's Choice, and Breeders Retail.

I run small, multi-variety plants to stay within my locale's ridiculous plant counts. On the upside, every plant I run is a legit chimera. =)

Some of them feature a pack of genotypes at a time, but I also often throw a two-four headed plant into flowering as well.

Here's a little Purple X from a recent run:

I swapped the growing shoots of two different plants, and flowered one while keeping the other to hold the genetics. The result was a nice even canopy with minor training, 'though she really went into flower as a baby. These two and one other example all finished in 65-75 days.

The finished product is very nice. Frosty, fruity pine aroma and balanced, even 'hybrid' effect. All three sampled chemotypes are extremely similar, although there was minor variation in flower morphology. Here's the central bud from the plant above:

And another top from a different multi-plant:

A couple of more females are in the queue, although they're going to have to wait until after an NL2 x ChemDbx open pollination.

Much more coming up!
zif is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:47 AM #2
rexamus616
I GOTA LUST FOR LIFE!!

rexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of light
Nice one. That dried bud looks beautiful man...
rexamus616 is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2018, 07:54 PM #3
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Anyone had any auto-flowing issues with the purple x?
I just had a male go auto on me, caught it just in time.
Anyone else?
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:03 PM #4
bsgospel

bsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of light
I did a couple months back. Haven't had the space to attempt another run. Saved the pollen though
bsgospel is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:20 AM #5
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Thank for the response bsgospel.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2018, 05:27 PM #6
zif

zif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nice
Iíve seen auto-tendencies, too. But in a fairly unusual situation. Two of the four Purple X females I have saved on my bonsai grafted mom are showing some desire to flower.

Less:

Or more:

Unfortunately, this started before the mom was pot bound (she definitely needs a root trim and fresh soil now), and before I tried moving to 20/4 and a higher nitrogen regime.

My otherwise keeper Lemon Floss is also showing this tendency, unfortunately (those vegging shoots behind her are also on the same mother, but from an NL2xChemDbx scion):

Iím not sure how this translates into freestanding/own root plants, but I think itís quite interesting.

A bonus side by side of the (remaining) Purple X:

zif is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:29 PM #7
too-dope

too-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of lighttoo-dope is a glorious beacon of light
You're grafting plants onto one another? That's awesome. I don't think I've seen anything like that with cannabis before.
too-dope is offline Quote

Old 06-28-2018, 04:11 PM #8
zif

Quote:
Originally Posted by too-dope View Post
You're grafting plants onto one another? That's awesome. I don't think I've seen anything like that with cannabis before.
Yep! Itís a really great technique.

If you appreciate variety and trying to stay legal, until we can get no limits (or at least canopy area limits) for homegrows, itís unbeatable.

Check this thread for tons of great info: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=318606
zif is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:40 PM #9
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Glad you've got a thread going zig, looking forward to more

Just as footnote: The Purple X cross has quite massive variation. The mother probably wasn't super stable. I think that's why Chi decided on them being freebies. There's been some real winners in the Purple X so do keep going on them if you have em.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:59 PM #10
zif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
Glad you've got a thread going zig, looking forward to more

Just as footnote: The Purple X cross has quite massive variation. The mother probably wasn't super stable. I think that's why Chi decided on them being freebies. There's been some real winners in the Purple X so do keep going on them if you have em.
Despite some being hard to keep in my setup, my pack has been very kind to me, with 5 females out of the 5 seeds I've started. So I have at least two more to try, and one of those definitely does not have the grafting auto-flower issue.

I like the effect, and actually am excited to sample some more of the jack lines because it is nice to run relatively fast, fairly beefy, *easy* plants.

I have the sweet skunk x jack penciled in for a couple of runs down the line. I'm surprised to have seen so few reports of this cross of two crown jewels from Chimera's program!

Last edited by zif; 07-06-2018 at 12:00 AM..
zif is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.