Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > thunk

Thread Title Search
thunk Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2017, 03:48 PM #1
zif

zif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nice
thunk

I'm curious if anyone knows whether the Thai/haze in Sam's thunk is his own cross, or from the year that Thai was the pollen donor for the haze?

I've been digging for weeks without finding much other than some very monstrous plants getting posted!

Thanks Breeder's Retail for bringing together these old-school haze lines!
zif is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2017, 05:18 AM #2
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Nothing to add about the thai haze used in his cross,
except I have been flowering her for many years and
enjoy every harvest, takes about 120 days.

Best smoke ever.

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:17 AM #3
ULMW

ULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropped Cat View Post
Nothing to add about the thai haze used in his cross,
except I have been flowering her for many years and
enjoy every harvest, takes about 120 days.

View Image

Best smoke ever.
Beautiful work Dropped Cat!
ULMW is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:48 AM #4
Dropped Cat

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULMW View Post
Beautiful work Dropped Cat!

Thanks for that, but the plant does most of the heavy lifting, lol.

My next challenge will be the 'Simply Irresistible'. I think they
fems. I want some heavy church and will cross with reversed
thunk.

Because why not, lol

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:36 PM #5
zif

zif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nice
What does your keeper thunk smell like, if the heavy church needs to be crossed in?

Nice looking bud, btw, and keeper for years even @120 days says a hell of a lot!
zif is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:50 AM #6
Dropped Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zif View Post
What does your keeper thunk smell like, if the heavy church needs to be crossed in?

Nice looking bud, btw, and keeper for years even @120 days says a hell of a lot!

The way a classy antique shop might smell, old wool and leather, grandmas lightly perfumed lace doilies,
and the cloying notes of the long dead prostitute in an old cedar lined wooden chest.

Fresh cracked pepper too.

The church scent in my thunk is hit or miss, depends on the time of year of harvest, as well as growth medium
and nutes.

It’s sublime, complex and mouth watering.

Even in veg her scent is piercing, easily recognized.

Crossing with the SI is a likely bet to increase the odds of a consistent heavy church terp profile I’d like to have.

A good bet I’ll get some decent offspring, church or not, lol

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:26 PM #7
zif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropped Cat View Post
The way a classy antique shop might smell, old wool and leather, grandmas lightly perfumed lace doilies,
and the cloying notes of the long dead prostitute in an old cedar lined wooden chest.

Fresh cracked pepper too.
Thank goodness there is some pepper to balance out the corpse!

If there were an 'aroma of the month' thread, that would be a shoe-in!

Thank you for stoking my anticipation for the results of these old school genetics even more.
zif is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:17 AM #8
Dropped Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zif View Post
Thank you for stoking my anticipation for the results of these old school genetics even more.

Yup, that's why we post in these threads.

Sharing the knowledge.

Old 09-12-2017, 04:03 PM #9
Gr33nSanta

I posted a link to those 2 clips in a different thread but they belong here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeTZ4mgnPZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjV0JVgNBH8

I grew her about 85 days indoor (12/12) and 20 + days outside. In the vids I think she was sitting at day 103.

I only had her in a 10 gallons nursery pot with compost and perlite and I might have given her insect frass a couple of times with watering but that's it.

Had she been pest free I would have given her at least 2 more weeks. I have not started trimming the lower buds so I might let some buds go quite a bit longer.

What I have found is the nicest buds were mid canopy, the upper colas were more airy and not as ripe as the buds mid canopy.

Ive been puffin tough on her for the last few days trying to assess her. Mostly dabs but Ive smoked a couple spliffs too. I am still unsure whether I would say that it is potent or not, the effects are pleasant, I seem to really get into what I am doing and forget all about time.

I do not think I feel any edgy effects from her nor anxiety attacks which I sometimes get with sativas / sativa hybrids (NLD) So I am guessing a dash of CBD or low THC.

I can't decide if she's strong or not, maybe a bit of a roller coaster, it does not tire you out, but it might slow you down (lost in your thoughts)

I wont get her tested because I did not clone her and I would not grow it again indoor, not any time soon anyway. I ll grow crosses though.

The smell kept getting better, at harvest, I couldnt stop smelling the buds, not super loud compared to a lot of modern hybrid but very pleasant. In the jar I smell similar smells to other haze hybrids Ive grown. The rosin does not come out pale like a lot of my other strains, I press at low temps always and the thunk comes out a little yellower even almost golden or browner. Taste great in dabs, taste great in spliffs, I love it and its a good thing because given the ''bag appeal'' ... haha

I just dropped a few seeds in water I made, my high CBD Les Fleurs Bleues plant with a nice looking THUNK dude. And I have a Memory Loss X THUNK girl that just went back to veg.

Well after a few dabs I am certainly rambling!

Shitty pictures are better than no pics!

Last edited by Gr33nSanta; 09-12-2017 at 04:24 PM..

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:34 AM #10
zif

thunk @ 13 weeks of 11/13:

Very sweet carrot and stereotypical ‘80’s perfume notes predominate so far. Sounds weird, and is unique in my experience, but it is also hard to avoid going back for whiff after whiff.

She’s an odd little 10” spear because she was grafted onto a (RIP) schnazzleberry 3, as an easy way to check her sex. Started life as a 3/4” scion, and took literally weeks longer to flower than her rootstock. Some of that may be due to being grafted on day one of 11/13.

Low plant counts for legality and tiny spaces for matrimonial harmony be damned, grafting is a nice way to get plenty to taste of SamS monster haze plants. His haze strains make extremely vigorous rootstocks, too.

Thanks Chimera, Sam, and Breeder’s Retail!

Last edited by zif; 01-31-2018 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: fixin’ pics
zif is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.