What's new

Choosing a fan for my ~2.5ft^3 cab - will this work?

Hi all

So, I'm thinking that I'll use this fan to vent this cab.

My area is ~2.5 cubic feet; the fan has a 3-speed control that goes up to 69 cfm and its static pressure is 4.1 mm-H2O.

The intake will be a 10'x10' louvered vent on the bottom, intake:exhaust area ratio works out to ~ 4:1.
I'm looking at a couple other options, but they all require a separate speed control.

So, what do you think? The lights are LED and I'm not planning on running a carbon filter. I'm pretty sure this will work, so any 'yays' or 'nays' would be very useful!

kingCA

Tough to say without knowing how much heat the LED panel will put out, or your outside environment. That being said ignoring odor problems, don't see why that wouldn't work.

Huffn - That's what I was thinking. If it can pull that hard, I just need to make sure my intake is ~4:1 with the exhaust.

king - Fortunately I don't need to worry about the smell! Yeah, outside environment is the biggest factor in my place - summer temps inside hit 30 regularly. The benefit of a small self-contained cab like this is that I'll be able to move it to my friend's basement once it gets too warm in here.

Latest posts

Latest posts