Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Breeders Retail Catalogue Update

Thread Title Search
Breeders Retail Catalogue Update Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2017, 02:40 AM #21
resin_lung
I cough up honey oil

resin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud of
Distinctly different parents make a F1.

These are from an open pollination of plants that weren't being selected for smell or flavor I believe. SamS posted this somewhere. Maybe in the quote I posted earlier? Too stoned to remember! If I squint real hard, I kinda remember him saying that he was looking to increase potency and he only culled the weak or poor performing.

So I'm pretty sure MJP is right. If they aren't in the seeds you bought already......

Perhaps if you couldn't afford to buy a shitload then maybe you would open pollinate to get more seeds. I don't think 1:1 is the move. Unless you found exactly what you want. You want every male and every female and just try to increase the amount of seed you have and maybe...... if get enough seed and pop them all.....

Best chance is to buy as many of these seeds as you can and prey for as high a germination rate as possible!

Last edited by resin_lung; 02-13-2017 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: Parents from completely unrelated lines make F1
resin_lung is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:28 AM #22
Elmer Bud
Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore

Elmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond repute
G `day BR , Chimera , Sam

What has happened to the SK#2 that Sam said was the RKS type ?
Is it from this batch of seeds or a different project ?

I showed a pic SK#2 aka Red hair SK to a guy from the UK and highlighted the dbl serrations on the leaf from the Positronics pack .
Same as what we see on the Cheese ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:24 AM #23
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G `day BR , Chimera , Sam

What has happened to the SK#2 that Sam said was the RKS type ?
Is it from this batch of seeds or a different project ?

I showed a pic SK#2 aka Red hair SK to a guy from the UK and highlighted the dbl serrations on the leaf from the Positronics pack .
Same as what we see on the Cheese ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .
These are questions for Sam, try sending him a message or pose the question in the "Strains" and Breeding forum, he should see it there.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:25 AM #24
Chimera

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nSanta View Post
if cheese #1 is believed to have come from a skunk #1, does it mean one could very well find the true exodus cheese in the ancestral skunk #1 ??
If you are looking for cheese-like smells, your best best would be to start with a Cheese hybrid. We have a couple available in the Breeders Retail catalog.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:16 AM #25
Elmer Bud
Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore

Elmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
These are questions for Sam, try sending him a message or pose the question in the "Strains" and Breeding forum, he should see it there.
K .

Old 02-13-2017, 09:07 AM #26
Gr33nSanta

I am not looking for the Cheese myself I was just saying one could technically find one... however after looking into it a bit more, the exodus cheese was found in the late 80s so it would have come from an earlier batch of skunk #1 not the 91-93 ancestral skunk #1 from the current offering.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:14 AM #27
Chimera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
K .
What I can tell you is that these are an OP of the Skunk #1, not skunk #2 which I believe was a more afghanica expression never grown in Europe.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:03 PM #28
Oneeyewille

Oneeyewille will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Yep... You sure could...
But what are the chances you'll find what your looking for by going through 2 open pollinations without making selections?
If the desired plant didn't show in the seeds you open pollinated then it's not very likely you'll see it down the line either. I'm not saying you absolutely can't find what your looking for but it'll require a shit load of seeds being tested.
Thanks for the info I'm really stoked to work with the sk no matter what. Its more of a nastalgia thing for me . the first time I ever laid my eyes on skunk1 beans was 97_99 I was like around 12 or so and I was a big science nerd back then and still am and I seen an envelope in the mailbox in my brothers name . and later that day I noticed the open'd envelope and it was a photocopied hand written letter about grow tips and other strains and 2 packs of SKUNK#1in a pepper envelope from Marc Emery and my brother got mad cause I seen it lol .. But as he was young around 17 18ish he really dident know how to grow and they was wasted he gave me like three out of them three them out side and they sprouted ... I was So amazed by the sheer fact that they grew and the biology of it .. They only got the first set of leaves.. They were very long and sharp and the vigor was crazy but then a rain storm washed them out . was So mad but I studied those handwritten tips and on that paper was Overgow site and man was hooked ever since lol funny thing is I was always hogging the front room of and dial_up just for that site .. .man the nastalgia is real
Oneeyewille is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:48 PM #29
Buddler

Buddler is a splendid one to beholdBuddler is a splendid one to beholdBuddler is a splendid one to beholdBuddler is a splendid one to beholdBuddler is a splendid one to beholdBuddler is a splendid one to beholdBuddler is a splendid one to beholdBuddler is a splendid one to beholdBuddler is a splendid one to beholdBuddler is a splendid one to beholdBuddler is a splendid one to behold
Chi is this where I go to obtain your seeds? as I see nothing on seedbay from a lot of breeders. Bud
Buddler is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2017, 08:18 PM #30
Ronni

Ronni is a jewel in the roughRonni is a jewel in the roughRonni is a jewel in the roughRonni is a jewel in the roughRonni is a jewel in the roughRonni is a jewel in the rough
i think the VerdantGreen LVPK x Bubba Kush should be listed under feminized not regular, since it's the clone dusted with a reversed Bubba Kush. Or am i wrong?
Ronni is offline Quote