What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
I potted up and watered them in! I have a GROW STARTED Ladies and Gentlemen!!! YAY YAY
I installed the Veg bulb in my Gavita, Tested my Drain System, Set the exhaust timer for 2 minutes on and 10 minutes off, the Gavita is 5 foot over the tops now set on 600 w, Watered them in with .7 EC @ 5.8 PH mixed in VH Booster, Epsom Salts and MAXI Grow.
KICK OFF DAY

N

NewAgeGenetics

Wow look i got a Grow opp for Christmas....
[URL=/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1688576&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
A grow Im on the way now.
[URL=/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1688575&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
thats darlins net, not darlings net. lol :)

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Yeah get it girl! Yeah doing overhead work is a pain and hard for me because I can't really lift my left arm up that well but I make due!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great Aspen !!! Can't wait to see it full of Glue :biggrin:

thats a gavita fixture right ? isn't there a 100hr burn in period for the bulbs before putting plants under them ? you might want to check on that .

onavelzy

Veteran
Aspen, nice thread. I like the pantyhose suggestion for the reason you mention and also that it may limit adult gnat access to the media. You might share the panty hose tip on a couple of threads over in the cannabis growing questions thread: the Tips, Tricks, Weird Habits, or Anything Useful thread and the "tired of having to fight gnats every time you get a brick of coco" thread. Doing so will probably bring folks back over here to see what you got going.

What about the rest of you all that use air pots: Do you use your panty hose too? :biggrin:

Aspen, are the Darlin's and Gbubb clones or from seeds?

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
hell of a line up aspenou.

Fly its just going to get better from this point on Babe!!!
party has started

Yeah get it girl! Yeah doing overhead work is a pain and hard for me because I can't really lift my left arm up that well but I make due!

Yea my back and shoulders are all messed up from a wreck i was in 12 years ago, Im embarrassed to announce that the overhead work in that room took 8 Days, I had to redo it a few times to get it all working together

Looking great Aspen !!! Can't wait to see it full of Glue :biggrin:

Me Neither....:huggg: Thank you Dan

thats a gavita fixture right ? isn't there a 100hr burn in period for the bulbs before putting plants under them ? you might want to check on that .

I have no Idea Dan... i know there is a burn in time, but it will have to happen over the plants this time..... Were not going backwards here it was a pain in the ass to get all that done and get the girls in there..

Aspen, nice thread. I like the pantyhose suggestion for the reason you mention and also that it may limit adult gnat access to the media. You might share the panty hose tip on a couple of threads over in the cannabis growing questions thread: the Tips, Tricks, Weird Habits, or Anything Useful thread and the "tired of having to fight gnats every time you get a brick of coco" thread. Doing so will probably bring folks back over here to see what you got going.

What about the rest of you all that use air pots: Do you use your panty hose too? :biggrin:

Aspen, are the Darlin's and Gbubb clones or from seeds?

Its just an idea i had one day and it worked out for me, the pantyhose just keeps my tray clean to keep the Gnats at bay i use the hot shot no pest strips. to keep Gnats away from the media you would have to wrap the sides of the pots and top dress the pots with a media like perlite.

Yes the Ladies are from Clone, you can always tell a clone by the pattern the branching develops in Clones only have two branches per internode... thanks for stopping by....

Aspenou812

Veteran
Those gavitas will fry your clones quick. I would check that out...

I just did some reading up on the burn in times for the DE bulbs...... Yes there is a burn in time for them, Having said that here's the lowdown....

The 100 hour burn time doesn't mean you cant use the light fixture, the DE puts out more light at a higher frequency with improved spectrum than does a single ended bulb (even right out of the box), it takes 100 hours for the bulb to settle in, in both output and spectrum of light and i'm thinking efficiency as well if i was reading all that right.... So right now it's just kinda wild! Slight shifts in several aspects of the bulb for now, I can tell you that This Gavita is wow! I have an Apollo Horticulture 100W dimmable single ended system and even at 600w this Gavita is way way brighter.......:)

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok cool ! i wasn't sure if you could have the plants under them or not . i just wanted to give you a heads up on the burn in time in case you didn't know :tiphat:
so basically just leave it on 24/7 for the 100 hrs so it can do its thing .

Aspenou812

Veteran
ok cool ! i wasn't sure if you could have the plants under them or not . i just wanted to give you a heads up on the burn in time in case you didn't know :tiphat:
so basically just leave it on 24/7 for the 100 hrs so it can do its thing .

YUP..... I suppose so... well I guess we're going to know shortly one way or the other at this point right...

Aspenou812

Veteran
New Moms

New Moms

I don't know if you guys noticed this or not? My Mothers In the one gallon pots, look. This may be bad form or what ever but I always double them up in the Air Pots, they develop at the same time, Ill start to LST (Low Stress Train) them in a week or so. So they will grow apart from one another. I figure at worst one may survive whatever may happen or I'll have a super bushy Mother Plant....I've always done it this way even before in my garden.

The air pots really make this work good....

Wendull C.

Veteran
Right on.... You seem to me like your going to have a great grow.

I looked too and gave up, have a glue room needing the axe.

Hope you have a heavy harvest.

Catatafish

Veteran
100hr burn in is before dimming the bulb. Keep it at the default wattage until after 100hrs or it could lead to premature failure. Per manual.

Aspenou812

Veteran
100hr burn in is before dimming the bulb. Keep it at the default wattage until after 100hrs or it could lead to premature failure. Per manual.

I just read that two Cat. thanks.... this bulb is a veg bulb the 6k blue mh by Solis tek....... if it only last a few vege cycles then ill be doing good, It also says not to run the bulbs 24 hours a day and i'm running 24 hours a day two so the bulb probably wont last long to be honest, I do have a backup bulb just in case....

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Them babies might need time to rest Asp. I know I wouldn't like to be going 24 hours a day 7 days a week lol.
Just my .02, not trying to tell you how to grow...