Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Chimera's Comprehensive Strainlist

Thread Title Search
Chimera's Comprehensive Strainlist Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2007, 03:51 PM #41
kopite

Quote:
Are you guys sure Chimera used Cotton Candy in his crosses because Fed seeds ripped off Breeder Steve and knocked off his stuff which makes me think Chimera would never use anything from them
what better way to piss them off ???? seems logical to me

Quote:
Red Eyed Bride...

From what I read in the decription from CC... Is this how Red Eyed Bride came to be ?

bx1m1 and bx2m4 = (GF x unknown)
(GF x unknown) x unknown X 3 Males to make the cross .... Grapefruit, Soulshine, male selected from (GF x unknown) X unknown

is this correct ?

Is there stock from the bx2m4 stock ?

-V.B

Well I was incorrect in how I read the story..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabis cowboy
There is no soulshine or grapefruit in this mix, only the Bx1m1 open pollination seeds. The grapefruit and Soulshine that were in the room have been added to the mountain mix available through legends.

Seems its a simple BX
If your looking for a soulshine pheno or GF, pick up a pack of Mountain Mix.

-V.B
Red eyed bride:
It all goes back to a very special time in my budding hobby when i was in Switzerland working for Breeder Steve in his magnificent warehouse full of genetics from around the world. Of the thousands of plants i was blessed to witness there were two specimens that stood out to me more than any others, the bx1m1 and the bx2m4, both grapefruit crosses that steve was evaluating for future seed projects. Because the warehouse was a breeding facility there was pollen flying around and both were hit by a mystery dad that steve had in his collection, and trust me, the dads were all guys you'd be happy to marry your first born to. Both plants were lightly seeded and Steve knew how much i would value the children inside these magic beans.
Fast forward a few months and i decide to take the plunge into wedded bliss with my soulmate of 10 yrs smack in the middle of the summer of 2001. Of course up to his eyeballs in buds and beans at the time Steve was unable to make it to our side of the world for the wedding, but sent along the best wedding present a spice loving bean fiend could imagine, all of the bx1m1 and bx2m4 seed that was produced by the mystery pollen.
For the next couple of years i grew both these selections indoors and out with awe inspiring results, some of the frostiest easiest to grow seed i'd ever come across. It was sold medicinally as the koolaid and the mountain goo to the local med clubs with very favorable reviews. Soon I realized the stock was getting mighty low, 40 of each left, so i decided on an open pollenation of the bx1m1 as a preservation method more than anything, for myself as well as cannaphiles like you crazy fuckers. There are less than 1000 beans of it as well as a soulshine and a grapefruit i threw in for kicks. Should be lots of variation but look for the dark ass green with the silver flowers and you'll be on the right
Cannabis Cowboy

cannabis cowboy
resin rancher

There is no soulshine or grapefruit in this mix, only the Bx1m1 open pollination seeds. The grapefruit and Soulshine that were in the room have been added to the mountain mix available through legends.
cannabis cowboy
resin rancher

Hello there,

There was a mistake listing the REB as a joint release, it is part of the Cannabis Cowboy collection of Legend's own seeds. It was a single plant I fell in love with while working for Breeder Steve in Switzerland that he was kind enough to gift me. CC

theres some info

I was told it was an inbred Sweettooth By Chimera

Old 05-28-2007, 04:47 AM #42

people can rag on Federation all they want, the bottom line is that they have some good gear. Chimera used Cotton Candy, this is 100% fact, nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 AM #43
Dr Leary

Dr Leary is on a distinguished road
What's the history on the Highland Mexican? Is there any relation to the HOG in Purple Thai?
Dr Leary is offline Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 05:52 AM #44
Dr Leary

Dr Leary is on a distinguished road
Bump anyone know the histroy of the Highland Mexican x Blueberry offering?
Dr Leary is offline Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 07:20 PM #45
Meadowlands

Meadowlands is on a distinguished road
"bx1m1 and bx2m4"

what does that mean? I think I decipher "back-cross" out of that, but what of the rest?
Meadowlands is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2007, 01:18 PM #46
kopite

Quote:
Cotton Candy - Federation Seeds. Reputedly composed of Afghani, Blueberry and possibly Haze genetics.
right sorry to go about this but isn't the CC a sweet tooth ?

Quote:
Pretty sure he used Feds gear. According to some people their Mikado is supposedly Sweetooth and ISS is Sweet Skunk. Who really knows though?
ISS was a cut of sweet skunk and deffo not the same as the sweet skunk (edited 24th march 08) ltr edit: it was the clone outcrossed to something then bx I'm led to believe....

Quote:
This special cutting was shared with friends and planted in gardens near and far. Breeder Steve hasn’t released a pure Sweet Skunk line, nor was the original ever rereleased. Other seed companies, however, have used this clone and siblings selected from the same F1 population to produce their own versions of this variety to fill the market void (e.g., Island Sweet Skunk). DJ Short and Spice of Life have recently released Sweet Blue, a Joint Project hybrid of the special Sweet Skunk and DJ’s Blueberry. The result was a more manageable, faster-flowering plant that possesses most of the flavors and scents of Sweet Skunk yet boasts larger yields and some of the color of Blueberry.
as to Mikado i'm not sure what it is its very fast flowering which suggests the Red Shisk but who knows ??

Edit: 14/01/09 with regards to mikado this is a SPG bx what it was outbred to in the first place i'm unsure but its SPGx? then backcrossed although unsure as to the amount of times....

Quote:
"bx1m1 and bx2m4"
might relate to Male #4 ?

Last edited by kopite; 01-14-2009 at 11:56 PM..

Old 02-25-2008, 05:27 AM #47
Octavian
Grand Potentate

Octavian will become famous soon enoughOctavian will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopite
right sorry to go about this but isn't the CC a sweet tooth ?
I've heard different things over the years about Fed's gear, and from what I've gathered, the Cotton Candy might be a SOL Sweet Tooth ripoff, and the Mikado a Shishkeberry ripoff, (or vice versa) but who knows for sure? I used the info from Federation themselves, as they described Cotton Candy, as to their veracity I make no claims.

Octavian

I only have so many years on this rock, and I want to make the best of my time - Chimera

I am NOT Chimera...not even a man standing next to The Man...just a fan of The Man.
Octavian is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2008, 05:28 AM #48
Octavian
Grand Potentate

Octavian will become famous soon enoughOctavian will become famous soon enough
Hey, Chimera...have we come even close?

Octavian

I only have so many years on this rock, and I want to make the best of my time - Chimera

I am NOT Chimera...not even a man standing next to The Man...just a fan of The Man.
Octavian is offline Quote

Old 04-26-2008, 05:28 AM #49
kopite

Hi Octavian,

perhaps the make up of Mental floss should be amended?

Quote:
The MF heritage has never been released by me, but highly speculated by many.....

It is a blueberry hybrid however.

-Chimera

Old 04-26-2008, 07:59 AM #50
Grow Tech
I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back yard

Grow Tech has much to be proud ofGrow Tech has much to be proud ofGrow Tech has much to be proud ofGrow Tech has much to be proud ofGrow Tech has much to be proud ofGrow Tech has much to be proud ofGrow Tech has much to be proud ofGrow Tech has much to be proud ofGrow Tech has much to be proud ofGrow Tech has much to be proud ofGrow Tech has much to be proud of
Hey All,
I asked Chimera via PM if he Cotton Candy had any haze in it. Here's his response~
"I didn't breed the CC originally so it's tough to say for sure, but from the spiciness of my selectins I would say that is liekly does."
Grow Tech is offline Quote