Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Chimera's Comprehensive Strainlist

Thread Title Search
Chimera's Comprehensive Strainlist Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2006, 01:29 AM #21
Octavian
Grand Potentate

Octavian will become famous soon enoughOctavian will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORC
I believe that the Cali-o x NL5 was a very limited release, once again my memory fails me.
I'll add it. I've grown his GF x NL as well as the GF x Shishkeberry, and I greatly preferred the NL cross. That and my own affinity for Northern Lights has made me want to know where else he's used the genetics. I would have loved to try Calio x NL, that's for sure. There is nothing wrong with the shishkeberry crosses (I grew out my gf x skb clone for about a year and a half, so it didn't suck :smile: ), but the Shishkeberry didn't ring my bell like the NL crosses. Aurora (the Dom x nl) is awesome, I have 2 moms to select from at the moment.

I would try some Frostbite (cc x nl) if I could find them in stock anywhere.

As it stands, I have the 2 Aurora and 3 Mental Floss (cc x DJ tbb) so far, hopefully to be narrowed down to 1 each by the end of the year. Then I'll have to run the pack of Mountain Jam (soulshine x DJ tbb) I've got. I'm going to make a ton of f2's from those. It's quite a Chimera line-up.

I've decided to go ahead and add the Sweet Skunk S1 to the list as well. As far as I know, it isn't commercially available, but Chimera sent out testers,and that's good enough for this list.

Octavian
Octavian is offline Quote

Old 07-29-2006, 05:50 AM #22
-VT-
Voluptuous Trichomes

-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice
Great work guys...thanks....

Peace

Old 07-29-2006, 06:01 AM #23
bopper
Natural Cool Cat

bopper will become famous soon enoughbopper will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian
This is exactly the kind of feedback I need. Thanks Firewalker and Bopper.

I had a couple of problems with Malibu being AE77 Calio x the Dom, the main one being this...I'm almost sure that Calizahr was the first released cross using the heirloom Calio.

One other thing is that in all of his other strains, the Dom is the female parental, not the male, and this would make it the single exception. That being said, I'm putting the Dom BACK :smile: as the father for now.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Octavian
You're welcome. :smile:

I believe that the father was a sibling of "the Dom", i.e. a male found in the same pool of Blue Domino seeds as the Dom, an outstanding individual female. Please correct any errors.

Best,

bopper
bopper is offline Quote

Old 07-29-2006, 06:25 AM #24

Now that you are saying it, I think you guys are right about Cali-O not being the mom to Malibu. I know that a few people who grew that out rank it as a favorite from Chimera.

I've been doing a Frostbite clone for a few runs that smells like nasty gym socks, funky and skunky. Sadly I lost my Schnazzleberry #1 mom that I've had for about 3 years now but at least I have a new one to test out.

A lot of people seem to be real fond of the GF X NL, makes me jealous.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:15 AM #25
Octavian
Grand Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewalker
Now that you are saying it, I think you guys are right about Cali-O not being the mom to Malibu. I know that a few people who grew that out rank it as a favorite from Chimera.

I've been doing a Frostbite clone for a few runs that smells like nasty gym socks, funky and skunky. Sadly I lost my Schnazzleberry #1 mom that I've had for about 3 years now but at least I have a new one to test out.

A lot of people seem to be real fond of the GF X NL, makes me jealous.
Sorry to hear about the loss of that Schnazz mum. I know what it's like to lose a prized motherplant. Not fun. The good news is that Chimera seems to put out new strains to try on a decent schedule, and I seem to like each new strain better than the last.

My GF x NL is certainly one of my faves. I think it deserves a name of it's own, and a return to the commercial stable. I'd buy several packs of that alone, I like it that much. My GF x NL is everything you'd want in a pot plant. Truly a pleasure to grow and smoke. If it yielded as well as the GF x Shishkeberry that I ditched, I'd be happy indeed.

That being said, I'm very impressed with these Auroras. I've only sampled the completed smoke so far, not done a complete clone run to completely guage the strain and make my final selections. The finished product is fragrant and perfumy, with a touch of skunk-ass underneath that makes me completely retarded when I smoke it. I knew that I liked Chimera's NL selection, from my GF x NL, but the Dom must be amazing, if the smoke from the progeny is any indication (and it usually is!). I'll be making my final selection, alongside some Mental Floss in roughly 10 weeks.

Octavian

Old 07-29-2006, 10:06 AM #26
Octavian
Grand Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopper
You're welcome. :smile:

I believe that the father was a sibling of "the Dom", i.e. a male found in the same pool of Blue Domino seeds as the Dom, an outstanding individual female.
I have updated the list to state "the Dom" when the female parental can be identified as Chimera's Blue Domino...males will just be "Blue Domino". I found a quote from the man himself on PG that completely corroborates your information. Thanks yet again

Octavian

EDIT

This is the quote I found on the Dom. "Just to clear the air a little, the Dom was originally a Blue Domino F1.... these select female Dom used for the Schazz crosses were from a greatly improved and stabilized F3 line. Although the originals were purchased from SOL, the quality of the mothers was due to down line selections. -Chimera

Upon closer inspection, I believe this quote to actually infer that the Dom is a complete inbred line, and not simply an outstanding female clone that was bred with. Henceforth, any Blue Domino parentals will simply be labeled as the Dom (Chimeras line bred Blue Domino), to distinguish it from Blue Domino. List will be updated as such.

Last edited by Octavian; 08-02-2006 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: Updating information

Old 08-18-2006, 08:19 AM #27
Octavian
Grand Potentate

Updated to include approximate flowering times. As always, any help filling in the blanks is very much appreciated. Maybe Chimera himself will stop back in soon and give us his feedback as well

Octavian

Old 09-04-2006, 06:14 AM #28
Hydro-4-Sho

Hydro-4-Sho is on a distinguished road
Does anyone Know where to get Frostbite i still kick myself everyday for losing that mother ...........
Hydro-4-Sho is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2006, 07:55 PM #29
Octavian
Grand Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro-4-Sho
Does anyone Know where to get Frostbite i still kick myself everyday for losing that mother ...........
Wish I could help. Frostbite is (Cotton Candy x Northern Lights). Never grown it, but I have grown Grapefruit x NL (AMAZING) and am growing Mental Floss (Cotton Candy x DJ Short TBB) and Aurora (the Dom x NL). Chimera's Northern Light crosses are the best in the biz for potency. The Cotton Candy side of Mental Floss seems to add alot of weight, as I have a couple of clones of it from different seed mothers that look like they will yield huge.

Chimera, any chance of a re-release of the NL crosses that are gone, like Frostbite and GF x NL? Pretty please?

Octavian

Old 09-22-2006, 09:04 PM #30
Hydro-4-Sho

Hydro-4-Sho is on a distinguished road
yes Chimera please........
Hydro-4-Sho is offline Quote