Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Chimera's Comprehensive Strainlist

Thread Title Search
Chimera's Comprehensive Strainlist Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2006, 11:16 PM #11
TORC

TORC will become famous soon enoughTORC will become famous soon enough
I believe you are correct on the Aurora Bopper. I read that once, but alas, twas on CW:(.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:02 AM #12
Octavian
Grand Potentate

Octavian will become famous soon enoughOctavian will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopper
Frostbite uses the same NL dad as Aurora and GF x NL, if memory serves, and the same Shishkeberry Red is used in C4, Schnazzleberry and GF x Shishkeberry.

Aurora should be, I believe, (the Dom x Northern Lights) with the mom first. :smile:
Bopper, thanks for catching that about Aurora. Makes perfect sense, and I think you're correct on the Frostbite as well.

Thanks to Bopper and TORC for their contributions thus far. This is a community effort, and with help like this, all of the blanks will be filled in no time.

We still need information on Malibu. I'm thinking that the AE77 Calio mom might be the female parent, but I need corroboration before I feel comfortable marking it down. I had the Dom as the father, but I'm changing that to ??? until I get more information on the subject.

Also, anything at all on Redeyed Bride, other than it was a wedding gift to the Cannabis Cowboy (hence the name).

I'm also curious about the Super Skunk Chimera used.

Thanks again, all.

Octavian

Last edited by Octavian; 07-28-2006 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Additional information
Octavian is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:18 AM #13
TORC

In a thread on pg. 2 called Sassy Frass, Chimera stated that he used a clone he calls "superior Afghani Skunk", not Super Skunk along with DJ's BB. Edit: I really should read first. I see you already had that. Sorry.

Last edited by TORC; 07-28-2006 at 02:19 AM..
TORC is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2006, 02:36 AM #14
Guest423
Banned

Guest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really nice
nice work guys!
Guest423 is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2006, 07:18 AM #15
GOATNUTS
?

GOATNUTS has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian
Having grown out several of Chimera's genetics with positive experiences, I have decided to try and document a brief summary of the man's strains. This is a work in progress (obviously) and any input is appreciated and will be updated periodically. Most of the information is from either my own memory of old Overgrow and C-world posts, and my notes on the subject.

Strains and crosses
C4 (Cotton Candy x Shishkeberry Red)
Frostbite (Cotton Candy x Northern Lights)
Malibu (??? x ???)
Schnazzleberry (the Dom x Shishkeberry Red )
Aurora (the Dom x Northern Lights)
Calizahr (California Orange x Shishkeberry Red)
Grapefruit x Shishkeberry Red
Grapefruit x Northern Lights
Grapefruit x Super Skunk
Mental Floss (Cotton Candy x DJ Short True Blueberry)
C-Plus (California Orange x DJ Short True Blueberry)
Schnazzleberry#2 (the Dom x DJ Short True Blueberry)
Mountain Jam (Soulshine x DJ Short True Blueberry)
Sassyfrass (Superior Afghani Skunk x DJ Short True Blueberry)
Red-eyed Bride (??? x ???)
Fighting Buddah (Burmese Sativa x DJ Short True Blueberry)
Highland Mexican x DJ Short True Blueberry

Breeding Stock
Grapefruit - Grapefruit also known as Sweet Pink Grapefruit was introduced to the world by Breeder Steve when he started growing clones he found in Vancouver, BC. He got a tray of clones from an unknown breeder labeled “the only plant to grow” and used it in his breeding projects thereafter.
Blue Domino - "The Dom" consists of Blue Domino by Spice of Life Seeds, line bred by Chimera before breeding with it.
Shishkeberry Red - Is a line bred Afghani from Spice of Life Seeds, heavily selected that yielded two distinct varieties, the Red and the Yellow.
DJ Short True Blueberry - True Blueberry is derived from original Blueberry, updating the line.
Super Skunk -
Superior Afghani Skunk - A low odor commercial strain. "The Sassy Frass is a hybrid oF DJ Short's blueberry and a clone I selected many years ago from an experimental cross of two well loved lines. We called her SAS; Superior Afghani Skunk (not to be confused with super skunk). This plant produced ample frosty lime green nuggets; in fact she's the clone I would share with my commercially minded friends who were concernned about the intense smell of the other clones I typically grew for sinse; wimps! This one became their commercial staple, since they didn't have to double up on the charcoal filters." -Chimera
Highland Mexican -
Burmese Sativa - "The burmese is a really special sativa lady that was selected from true land of origin stock a friend of mine picked up in his travels to the region years back. I'm puffing a bongload right now, and it's great pot imho! She's very fast for a sat, and finishes in approximately 55 days in most gardens." -Chimera
Northern Lights - Chimera line bred Sensi Northern Lights to get his NL selection.
Soulshine - Cannabis Cowboy is the creator of this strain.
California Orange - This is the legendary Aeric77 Calio, supposedly maintained in clone form for 25+ years.
Cotton Candy - Federation Seeds. Reputedly composed of Afghani, Blueberry and possibly Haze genetics.

Any information that can fill any of the blanks on the list would be especially appreciated. If I've left out any of his works, let me know of those, as well.

Thanks!
thanks for the informative list. this really helps clear some things up...
GOATNUTS is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2006, 07:39 AM #16

Though I'm not positive, I think Malibu is Calio X Blue Domino. Wasn't it sometimes called Malibu Blue??

I've grown Calizahr, C-4, Frostbite and Schnazzleberry #1 myself. We have a Fighting Buddha waiting to do her thing.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:52 PM #17
bopper
Natural Cool Cat

bopper will become famous soon enoughbopper will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewalker
Though I'm not positive, I think Malibu is Calio X Blue Domino. Wasn't it sometimes called Malibu Blue??

I've grown Calizahr, C-4, Frostbite and Schnazzleberry #1 myself. We have a Fighting Buddha waiting to do her thing.
The mother was also described as orange-tasting, but Chimera stated that it was not Calio. I remember the Malibu Blue name as well, so Firewalker likely has the father right as well, although I can't seem to recall it with certainty. :smile:

Best,

bopper
bopper is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2006, 08:44 PM #18
Octavian
Grand Potentate

Octavian will become famous soon enoughOctavian will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopper
The mother was also described as orange-tasting, but Chimera stated that it was not Calio. I remember the Malibu Blue name as well, so Firewalker likely has the father right as well, although I can't seem to recall it with certainty. :smile:
This is exactly the kind of feedback I need. Thanks Firewalker and Bopper.

I had a couple of problems with Malibu being AE77 Calio x the Dom, the main one being this...I'm almost sure that Calizahr was the first released cross using the heirloom Calio.

One other thing is that in all of his other strains, the Dom is the female parental, not the male, and this would make it the single exception. That being said, I'm putting the Dom BACK :smile: as the father for now.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Octavian
Octavian is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2006, 09:23 PM #19
HeadyPete
Take Five...

HeadyPete is just really niceHeadyPete is just really niceHeadyPete is just really niceHeadyPete is just really niceHeadyPete is just really niceHeadyPete is just really niceHeadyPete is just really niceHeadyPete is just really niceHeadyPete is just really niceHeadyPete is just really niceHeadyPete is just really nice
Octavian,

I grew some Chimera Cali O X NL5 in the past. Didn't see that on the list.

Pix of this plant in my gallery, if you care to look.

I have Mountain Jam beans and it takes all my being to have to wait to be able to grow 'em!

I am a big fan of Chimera and am very interested in the CPlus, Calizhar and Mental Floss for future crops....

"By the cold and religious, we were taken in hand..........shown how to feel good..............and told to feel bad." - roger waters
HeadyPete is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:57 PM #20
TORC

I believe that the Cali-o x NL5 was a very limited release, once again my memory fails me.