Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > var 'Mountain Jam #3'

Thread Title Search
var 'Mountain Jam #3' Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2017, 08:46 AM #21
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by growandshow View Post
got the Soulshine X Blockhead headed into flower soon....
also got the Mountain Jam #3(Soulshine x Sweet Skunk) going into flower soon.... will post some pictures when i get my ish together
I really liked the Soul x Blox in the greenhouse, they put on a bunch of weight. Looking forward to seeing yours develop growandshow.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:58 AM #22
Chappi

Chappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of light
Any updates, really interested. I've been a MJ fan since the first release.
Chappi is offline Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 06:29 AM #23
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
I think the two Mountain Jam #3 girls I have going are now on the mend, after a few bumps along the way. A soil additive resulted in an acidic medium, with more extra N than I had intended - due to the miscalculations of this stoner—DUH! I am sure the clawing is mostly due to the extra N as I have the pH balanced now, but the bigger of the two with the more pronounced clawing was also nearly root-bound, and needing to be watered every day, which may factor in.

Today they were both cleaned up and up-potted into 3g containers (without the additive, lol). I topped the bigger of the two. I imagine I will come to regret the extra veg time when SS’s influence shows up in flower with crazy stretch... but timelines left little choice. Hopefully they take nicely to their new pots.

As of now I have my eye more on the smaller one (#2), not just because it has clawed less and overall looks better, but because it smells better too!

Pre cleanup:

#2 full:

#2 close:

Post cleanup and transplant:

I’ll be back with a progress report when they’re a good three to four weeks into flower.

Happy Growing!
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:46 PM #24
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Hope they grow well for you Shmavis.. I don't think many have shown this hybrid before.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:55 PM #25
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
I have tonight set aside to cleanup my two MJ #3 plants. I planned to get some pics before and after cleanup and then share those next weekend along with some pics at four weeks of flower and one week into CO2 supplementation. But last night while tending to other plants and firing up the CO2 generator I couldn’t help but smile whenever I glanced in this girl’s direction, and she always seems to be smiling back. So I rationalized that I could save some time tonight by grabbing pics of her last night, which I did. Her sister isn’t as happy as her and I now wonder if her earlier displeasure wasn’t so much about a dislike of the soil mix but rather something else. She is taller (a damn tree!) and thereby much closer to the light, which may factor in as well. She reminds me of a very vigorous WR x Pre-98 I grew that just seemed not to be able to get enough root space. She was very fast to root a 5g bucket. Anyway, here’s some pics of MJ #3, pheno #2 pre-cleanup.

Day 22:

I can’t get over the structure of this plant. I love it! It’s like a tabletop surrounding the cola. I wish I could take 3D pics. These pics just can’t do her justice, but I tried to get one or two that give an idea. Branching is rather strong. Flowers will have to be quite large to need support - time will tell Not going to get ahead of my skis and even try to describe the nose on her as of now, but will only say that it doesn’t strike me as anything similar to anything that’s crossed my nose before...

Happy Sunday!
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 01-06-2019, 04:55 PM #26
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

I have tonight set aside to cleanup my two MJ #3 plants. I planned to get some pics before and after cleanup and then share those next weekend along with some pics at four weeks of flower and one week into CO2 supplementation. But last night while tending to other plants and firing up the CO2 generator I couldn’t help but smile whenever I glanced in this girl’s direction, and she always seems to be smiling back. So I rationalized that I could save some time tonight by grabbing pics of her last night, which I did. Her sister isn’t as happy as her and I now wonder if her earlier displeasure wasn’t so much about a dislike of the soil mix but rather something else. She is taller (a damn tree!) and thereby much closer to the light, which may factor in as well. She reminds me of a very vigorous WR x Pre-98 I grew that just seemed not to be able to get enough root space. She was very fast to root a 5g bucket. Anyway, here’s some pics of MJ #3, pheno #2 pre-cleanup.

Day 22:

I can’t get over the structure of this plant. I love it! It’s like a tabletop surrounding the cola. I wish I could take 3D pics. These pics just can’t do her justice, but I tried to get one or two that give an idea. Branching is rather strong. Flowers will have to be quite large to need support - time will tell Not going to get ahead of my skis and even try to describe the nose on her as of now, but will only say that it doesn’t strike me as anything similar to anything that’s crossed my nose before...

Happy Sunday!

Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 01-06-2019, 07:24 PM #27
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

She looks marvelous

I'm hoping the soulshine flows through for you. Looking forward to the outcome

Old 01-08-2019, 07:18 AM #28
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
She looks marvelous

I'm hoping the soulshine flows through for you. Looking forward to the outcome
Thanks! I think she's a real looker.

I love the name, Soulshine. Hope she makes mine shine! Do you by chance know what LC in the "LC cross" meant or stood for?

The pheno I labeled as #1 was faster and more robust than #2 and I topped her because of that. Prior to the soil mixup (when in SOLO cup) she seemed fine. But she clearly isn't as happy as her sister but I still think she's gonna kick out some nice flowers. Normally I would've been a little more on top of things and looked these over before this point. But time has been tight and I knew I was taking a chance, but once cleaned up, no signs of sacks, even with the stress #1 is under, so hopefully that remains the case. I was surprised at the stink on #1 when removing her to cleanup. Nothing like her sister and oddly mostly foul smelling, should be interesting.

#1 pre cleanup:

Post cleanup:

#2 post cleanup:

At that point where things start to kick into gear!

Shmavis is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:57 PM #29
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Looking good Shmavis..

I'm waiting to see how these turn out, especially since you've got a range of different scents coming from them. Do make sure to give us an update..

Old 02-03-2019, 02:40 AM #30
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

The Learning Curve:

#1, day 50:

Shmavis is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:30 AM #31
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

#2, day 50:

Yeah, different smells... to be sure, but not sure I can say in what way...

Shmavis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.