Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > var 'Melodius Funk'

Thread Title Search
var 'Melodius Funk' Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2015, 08:48 AM #1
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
var 'Melodius Funk'

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:48 AM #2
Midwest sticky
Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur

Location: Running down the street ass naked smeared with green jello.
Midwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant future
love the color, how does it smoke?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=273785
I have the attention span of a fucking goldfish -unknown
Midwest sticky is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2015, 07:09 PM #3
Krausen

Krausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the roughKrausen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest sticky View Post
love the color, how does it smoke?
Check below for a smoke report from Jahaze - two pheno's reviewed:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300726

And to quote Jahaze:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaze View Post
Melodious Funk by Chimera seeds report 1 of 2

Date: 2/4/15
Strain: Melodious Funk
Judge: Jahaze
Breeder: Chimera Seeds
Grower: Jahaze

Smoking for me is very ritualistic. I usually smoke after dinner. I have certain things I do before sparking up that lends to the experience and make the journey pleasurable. I like to squeeze the bud,smell the grind, roll the flower, smell it again. I have been smoking this cut and a second cut for about 5 days now.

Flower period: 62 days under LED. Avg RH 30, Temps no higher than 74F no colder than 59F
Cure: dried 5 days, sealed and burped daily 2 weeks, sealed with 62% humidity pack 3 weeks. Total 6 weeks since she was cut.
Appearance: see pic
Trichomes: no shortage for sure. Magnification confirms mostly cloudy, some amber and fewer clear.
Bud: she is not super dense but she isn’t airy either. Good resistance on the squeeze. The nose on the bud is hay, fruit, mild ammonia, nothing special. Grinding the bud is another story. Ground bud is fluffy, moves and settles, bursts with pungent fruit, grapefruit, citrus, petrol, earth, musk, fuel, kush…great aromatics…very pleasing makes you happy just smelling the ground bud.

Smoke: I prefer joints over any other method of ingestion followed by vape.
Joint: freshly rolled…good draw, smooth, no real expansion, taste the fruit, some nice fuel n kush but not over powering, citrus mouth feel with some earth to keep it real. The grapefruit is there more on the exhale and kinda mixes with the other flavors nicely. The kushy taste is also there but not overtly or in your face. She has good flavor balance…not off putting in any way. Takes about 5 mins and she start you off slowly…gradually building momentum. She is very controlled making you drop your guard and just giving in and taking the ride. Starts in the head, ears start ringing so I know she got some sativa in her. You don’t really notice when it hits the body you just realize that you are completely enveloped in the funk. After about 45mins you are floating around, even made me enjoy washing the dishes after dinner…had me humming and washing. Good shit. She’s more head than body maybe 65/35. She is a happy smoke, makes you want to party, dance, talk (wash dishes) but she is just fine watching a movie, looking up at the sky or contemplating. I have shared this cut with friends at a party and everyone loved the taste and the effect. She extremely clear of mind, no fog whatsoever. I would consider this more of a day late afternoon smoke. However, in higher doses she will knock you out. That really is the biggest pro of this particular strain. She lets you drive the whole time. You want easy smooth smoke…hit it light, you want to get gooned…hit it hard. She let you decide where you want to go not like some strains where you take one or two hits and you forget shit or have to sit down till the wave passes over you because it only has one speed…full throttle. Melody let you take charge and you create the journey.
Potency: I would rate this a 7.5/10. I personally think this is the ideal for daytime/anytime weed. I don’t care for weed I have to put down after two hits. I took the time to grow it, roll it, so I want to smoke it and enjoy it. I want to smoke at least half joint and still function.
Taste: 9/10 I think I said it all already. I don’t know I am fucking high.
Effect: 9/10 you are in charge of how wrecked you want to get. Right now I swear I see the eye of Sauron. She is smooth, brings you up slowly, keeps you high for about 3 solid hours…she has legs, and gently sets you down. I haven’t crashed on her yet. I really haven’t stressed how strong she is because I think that is a personal thing but this strain has rung my bell. I cant comment on the medicinal effects since I luckily don’t suffer from any ailment except smoking weed. Ha!

Recommend: Absolutely you need this type of weed in your stash. She is reliable, effective but never overpowering. Smoke her all day.

Vaporizer: Pax portable set to 370F. The effect is different. You feel it more in the head for sure. Taste wise she shines: you taste the fruit 10 fold and she coats the tongue with velvet. You taste her for some time after the hit…very nice. The ear ringing is more pronounced. She is calmer than when combusted but still clean, clear but more mellow. Did I mention she tastes fantastic? My wife prefers her this way.
View Image View Image View Image
and again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaze View Post
Melodious Funk by Chimera seeds report 2 of 2

Date: 2/6/15
Strain: Melodious Funk
Judge: Jahaze
Breeder: Chimera Seeds
Grower: Jahaze

This report is for my 2nd melodious funk cut. (MF2)

Flower period: 58 days under LED. Avg RH 30, Temps no higher than 74F no colder than 59F
Cure: dried 4 days, sealed and burped daily 2 weeks, sealed with 62% humidity pack 2 weeks. Total 5 weeks since she was cut

Trichomes: She is frostier than her sister. Magnification confirms mostly cloudy, equal parts amber and clear.
Bud: she is significantly denser than MF1. Rock hard. The bud before the grind is fruity, fuel, lime maybe. Grinding the bud releases a sharp fuel/solvent scent with strong fruit undertones. Grapefruit is present along with stronger kush and earth. If you smell long enough she makes your nose burn and pull away. Almost acrid. Further away she is great but up close too much shit going on. Very complex aroma...you can smell the resemblance to her sister MF1 but I think she leans heavier toward her mother...Melody Kush. Although I have no idea what she is...is she maybe popular in B.C? Anyhow, maybe a longer cure will soften the acrid nose she gives off.

Smoke: I prefer joints over any other method of ingestion followed by vape. Although I didn't vape this particular sample.
Joint: freshly rolled…good draw, average smoothness, some expansion, taste the kush/grapefruit, the solvent smell taste like hazy lemons now in the smoke. Bitch still burns my nose if I exhale through it. What the fuck is that? Maybe not fully cured, maybe she needed to flower longer???don't know but don't like it. The flavors are not as balanced as MF1 but she more interesting. I think the flavors may not have settled yet.
She comes on faster than her sister and climbs faster as well. You know the rush is coming but it's not an overwhelming sense. This one is not like her sister. She hits you strong behind the eyes and spreads warmly to your ears before the ringing starts. She is all head for a while before she moves to the body. Very nice body on this girl. Not a strong indica type body but a very good hybrid body if you know what I mean. But here is the best part. I have smoked her 6 times already to ensure the report and my notes were more accurate (also cuz I'm a pothead) Every time is smoke her my arms and legs feel like they are thousands of miles away! Trippy shit. Afterward I am just floating in place I don't feel heavy at all....I feel really calm. She is functional but not as clear as her sister. She has a fruit/fuel taste that lingers longer than MF1. This one is not as energetic as the other one but she is not couch lock in the least bit. You function fine and everything feels dreamy and happy. I want to talk more and find myself looking at the way people's mouths move as their talking to me. Trippy and fun. Shared her with 2 people and they both loved the high but one didn't care for the taste. I think she is better after work but before bed so you can enjoy the ride which lasts over two hours. She comes down just as smooth as the first cut which surprises me considering she comes on so fast and makes you soar. I sleep like a baby but I have to wait till she starts coming down otherwise forget about it. This ride is not as easy and smooth as MF1 but i had more fun with this one.

Potency: I would rate this a 8.5/10. She can be trippy in higher quantities. 1/2 joint and I was off to see the wizard. Wife likes her in lower doses and she turns into a giggling mess before she falls asleep...go figure. Smoking too much makes her paranoid.
Taste: 8/10 I think she will mellow out with a longer cure. The nose burn is not cool.
Effect: 9/10 MF1 is consistent and you control the effect a bit more with the amount you take. MF2 is not like this at all. She is slightly different every time with the exception of the stretchy arms/legs sensation I get. She comes on fast and some people may not like it. If I can get ride of the nose burn she will be exceptional I think. I have clones and gonna try to rid her of the burn by taking her longer. I just hope she doesn't lose her trippiness.

Recommend: Yes. I would love to know who the mother is. You can tell she's related to the other cut but this one has something different, special going on.

Thought I took a picture of this one but can't find it...probably never took it...still high...lol.
Very interesting strain - love that info is starting to roll out.
Krausen is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:29 PM #4
Midwest sticky
Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur

Location: Running down the street ass naked smeared with green jello.
Midwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant futureMidwest sticky has a brilliant future
thanks for the info

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=273785
I have the attention span of a fucking goldfish -unknown
Midwest sticky is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2016, 07:50 PM #5
Jahaze

Jahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of light
Melodious Funk week 6 flower

This is the melody kush x jack I kept from the two girls. I never really get a good picture because I always forget and I generally neglect this girl. She always comes through and produces some really fine herb no matter how much abuse she takes. The pictures suck and are dark but I hope you can get a glimpse of structure and flower set.

Jahaze is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:19 PM #6
Jahaze

Jahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of light
Melodious Funk

Some more pictures of the melody kush x jack before the chop. She will come down in about another week. Some nice colors ranging from reds, burgundy, and deep purples. Just encrusted with resin even underneath.

Jahaze is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:20 PM #7
Jahaze

A few more...

Jahaze is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:24 PM #8
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Some VERY nice pictures of Melody kush x Jack Jahaze. I don't know much about OG vars but this is meant to be a variation crossed to Chi's Jack.

How does she stack up to other OG's you've grown Jahaze?

Old 02-29-2016, 11:23 AM #9
Principante 8

Principante 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPrincipante 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPrincipante 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPrincipante 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPrincipante 8 has a spectacular aura about
Interesting Kal, I figured melody was a cut of Reeferman harmony kush x Jack. I remember reading that he changed the name of melody at some point from whatever the original was. This was just a fun guess of course... But now that you mention it's an OG cross... Hmmm..

Disclaimer: I've never seen or smoked melodious funk :-)
Principante 8 is offline Quote

Old 02-29-2016, 06:56 PM #10
Jahaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
Some VERY nice pictures of Melody kush x Jack Jahaze. I don't know much about OG vars but this is meant to be a variation crossed to Chi's Jack.

How does she stack up to other OG's you've grown Jahaze?
Thanks Kalbhairav. I have only grown og crosses and the like never a straight og clone (ghost, SFV, tahoe..etc). Smoked plenty though. This varietal fits in nicely into that family. My melody stretches a bit more than some (GSC x, bubba x) and has a taste (different) that people really find enjoyable. This one is always a crowd-pleaser in terms of taste and potency and I get asked for it often. My hard core og friends find it very enjoyable because it is a bit more heady (kinda like the diesels) but with less fuel and a pleasant fruity/floral undertone. The piney earthy hash profile really grounds the smoke and keeps it tasting traditional. I can say that she looks like a stretchy OG variant with very good production especially if dialed in. Bag appeal is a plus as well given its coloration and dense flowers producing hard nugs that some people love. This replaced two plants I had a GSCx and OTM which were both really good but I like the effect of the melody and overall taste. I would love to know what the mother is.
Jahaze is offline Quote