Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > var 'Hawaiian Spice'

Thread Title Search
var 'Hawaiian Spice' Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2016, 09:51 AM #41
Ras Mason

Ras Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really nice
Wow RAs....that was a nice pheno...i can just sniff it .

I had plants that where kicked in flo at one foot that ended up 12 feet and sporting surprisingly dense sensuous sativa long pistiled sativa colas.
One

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:52 AM #42
Ras Mason

Ras Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really niceRas Mason is just really nice
sorry for the typo...i am destroyed on Sasquatch Live resin....
blesssed

Old 02-25-2016, 03:58 AM #43
mayan
Atavist

mayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud of
Quick question, Raspaul (or anyone else who has steered this ship to the farther shore) - It sounds like you took this 90 or so days. Do you go for amber in your harvest tastes? My Hawaiian Spice is probably at about 54 (or so) days of 12/12 from clone. I'm trying to figure out a general idea of harvest window so I can time the next contestant. Thanks!
mayan is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2016, 10:08 AM #44
raspaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayan View Post
Quick question, Raspaul (or anyone else who has steered this ship to the farther shore) - It sounds like you took this 90 or so days. Do you go for amber in your harvest tastes? My Hawaiian Spice is probably at about 54 (or so) days of 12/12 from clone. I'm trying to figure out a general idea of harvest window so I can time the next contestant. Thanks!
Hey Mayan yeah I took mine at 90 days and it had 10-15% amber which is what I normally aim for but I'm thinking the CMH did help it finish a week or so earlier cos I was expecting it to go 14+ weeks minimum.
Mine was a seed plant though so from cutting I'm guessing anything around 13-14 weeks should be good although Ras Mason I think it was, did have a few phenotype's that went quite a bit longer.
Hope that helps Mayan.

Much respect rasta

Raspaul

Last edited by raspaul; 02-25-2016 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-28-2016, 08:27 PM #45
mayan
Atavist

mayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud of
Thanks, Raspaul. Respect!! Mine is nearing 60 days and seems to be going through cycles of pistils -> withering-> new wave of pistils. Grown from a clone. I probably won't take her for a bit but I'm not sure she'll go for another 30. Very interesting -and ever changing- scents. She's kinda running the gamut - anise, fruit, fuel. Tried a small sample yesterday and was very impressed by the width and depth of the effects. Will be very interesting to see where she ends up. I'm not an amber maven...generally go with the milky trichs and the overall state of the flower. We'll see how much longer she'll go - the real estate in my little 5' x 7' plantation is VERY expensive and I have some interesting clones coming down the pike.

Last edited by mayan; 02-29-2016 at 07:09 AM..
mayan is offline Quote

Old 02-29-2016, 09:21 AM #46
raspaul

Hey mayan I thought mine was gonna finish a lot earlier than it actually did, at around 7 weeks it started to have a full die back of pistils and looked like it was finishing but then started pushing a massive amount of foxtails out.
It looked like was going to be the earliest strain at one point on that run but ended up taking nearly 3 week longer than the rest
This is what it looked like at 7 week and at about 60 days to give you an idea of where mine was at the same time.

Respect rasta

Raspaul

Last edited by raspaul; 02-29-2016 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: spelling

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:10 AM #47
mayan
Atavist

Hawaiian Spice - Rest in Pieces

Hello friends...Comes a time...and it came for the Hawaiian Spice. I elected to take her down quite a bit earlier than others have (Ras Paul, respect!) but I really felt it was time.

From the get-go she she grew similar to some blueberry strains I have grown from Chimera (I'm NOT saying there is blueberry...only that it reminds me). Big dense, gnarled clumps and clusters of calyxes (calyxi? calyxum?). Her scent confuses me...it seems to keep changing. Something like soap, incense, fruit and a hint of diesel or some kinda evil petroleum. Way in the background. But there's also some beguiling sandlewood or something. I'll keep y'all informed. In the meantime...I hope you enjoy the pictures....

So, yeah...her predominant structure from the get-go was foxtail. not wheat foxtails...these are wild, mad, surreal foxtails...Modern sculpture:

She has the making of a fine hash plant...which is most excellent as I'm enthralled with kief.

Hello earthlings...

In the end, the calyx clusters began to manifest as individual calyxes on top of each other. Didn't think she was gonna get a whole lot more substantive growth. Trichs were mature...scent was rich...so chop, chop!

I have tried her and loved the effects. Potent, motivational...Can't wait for the cure. I think I may pop another clone in...she's that good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HS_WholeA.jpg
Views:	1188
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	353149 Click image for larger version

Name:	HS_WholeB.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	353150 Click image for larger version

Name:	HSp_Bud_modern sculptureBest.jpg
Views:	1134
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	353151 Click image for larger version

Name:	HS_Branch.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	353152 Click image for larger version

Name:	hello_earthling.jpg
Views:	1194
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	353154

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSp_BudB.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	353155 Click image for larger version

Name:	HSp_BudD.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	353156 Click image for larger version

Name:	HSp_BudA.jpg
Views:	1201
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	353157
mayan is offline Quote

21 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:51 PM #48
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Lovely mayan.. Good show.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:48 PM #49
mayan
Atavist

...and thank you, my dear virtual friend, for full-service spiritual guidance!
mayan is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2016, 09:13 PM #50
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
You're welcome brother mayan. Just loving the pictures! You're right, some look so alien.. But also very very juicy indeed. Will pm you soon