Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > var 'Sweet & SourD'

Thread Title Search
var 'Sweet & SourD' Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2015, 09:27 AM #31
Outcold

Outcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really nice
Yeah, I agree. Not much diesel on mine either. The last 2 pics I posted is the most diesel of the 3 seeds I ran. Nice loud smell and taste.
Outcold is offline Quote

Old 12-05-2015, 03:46 AM #32
OGEvilgenius

OGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really nice
Not that you don't already know Chim, but the ISS greatly improves the structure of the SD.

Probably going to be forced to do some S1 hunting through these plants.
OGEvilgenius is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:35 AM #33
OGEvilgenius

OGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really nice
So I harvested the first plant of 4. They all have the ISS nose dominating, but there are interesting undertones and the smell is overall quite unique.

They went in early Sept, first one harvested 2 weeks ago. The rest still are going strong. Getting close to being forced to chop. Part of the problem I think is my gavitas are a bit too low and they're forcing new flowers with the general light intensity. I can't complain too much the first girl weighed 61grams dry from a 1oz smart pot in coco/perlite/a touch of WC. The other two look like they're going to yield more.

Early smoke report is positive. Very pleasant and reminds me very much of the ISS which is not a bad thing at all. The other two have a ways to go yet I'm gonna give them as much time as I reasonably can.

New girls just put into flower and clones taken. S1's will be made. I would bet a fantastic plant is to be found in an S1 from this line. I really want to find a nice ECSD leaner with SS undertones and the improved structure.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:55 PM #34
OGEvilgenius

Just a small follow up - I didn't get pictures during the chop of the first I just have a bag full. But I got pics of the last 3.

The uniformity on this line is excellent. It's not 100%, but it's very close. Every plant very similar as you will see. Some small variation. About as close to a real F1 as you can get with this plant currently I imagine (although I'm sure Chim is working on some more things and actually might have some other hybrids closer but hey - it's a great piece of work regardless).

The vigor is outstanding. Clones quick. Vegs quick. Yields very large amounts. These girls look to be heavier than the first one and it yielded me just over 2 zips in 1 gallon cloth smart pots which I'm pretty sure aren't even really 1 gallon. They were done in coco.

Ignore the mess of plants in the background... still going through a lengthly selection process almost every one of those is a different pheno from a different line... making it difficult to get things done right but the list is getting narrower.

I should say these did need support, but not until well into budding. Compared to the Bio Diesel (303) which is essentially a really nice ECSD Bx the structure was about 100000000000000x superior in terms of flop (which is my main concern).

One of these girls is going to be with me for the long haul.

Anyway specimen #1:

Up close:

Specimen #2:

Up close:

Specimen #3:

They maybe could have gone another few days but I saw one amber and that was enough on each for me.

The close up I tried to post in #3 but you have a 5 pic limit. It looks the same as the other two. You find pics at the imgur link if you're interested.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:28 PM #35
OGEvilgenius

Almost a QP from one... just under 100g from another. lol.

Still will remove a big stick or two should take it down a 1/4z or so but damn. Just de-stroyed my single container records here this small. Mind you (as you can see) the plants got rather large. But the vigor here is real.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:09 AM #36
KITCHA

KITCHA is just really niceKITCHA is just really niceKITCHA is just really niceKITCHA is just really niceKITCHA is just really niceKITCHA is just really niceKITCHA is just really niceKITCHA is just really nice

Hey Chimera

I found a really interesting pheno in my pack of SD x SS, Very Hazey no diesel present. This pheno reminds me of good old school nl5 x haze from Sensi from years ago. It has a strong lime haze smell that is addictive and the high is what I would call rare and not found in any of the new strains of today. I vaped a small sample last night that was just dry enough and wow is all I can say, Almost like a mild ecstacy rush of pure bliss! The other phenos were great, One is also hazey with a more lemon nose and looks a bit more SSH like with thinker hairs and similar structure, One was shorter with a menthol eucalyptus smell that was also very unique and the high is outstanding, Very strong cerebral rushes possibly too potent for some. I will get some more pics up when I get a chance. Cheers Kitcha

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:23 PM #37
karkrash

karkrash is on a distinguished road
Everyone keeps saying the cross is "ECSD"... but does anyone really know if it's "ECSD" or "AJ's" cut as Im pretty sure it was never mentioned by Chimera?
karkrash is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2017, 10:21 PM #38
Jahaze

Jahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of light
It's been mentioned and listed as the maternal parent when available through various seed outlets.

Also, if you check the sticky 'Chimera Seeds: Genetic Resource Management Archive.' You will find some useful info.
Jahaze is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:59 PM #39
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
The seed packs are only labeled as "SOUR DIESEL"...

I've seen ECSD mentioned on occasion.
Think Chi said it was ECSD but I'd have to look for confirmation.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2017, 06:19 AM #40
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
The Sour Diesel mother plant used in this cross is the original Sour Diesel clone, it was not referred to as AJ's cut when it was passed to me many years ago.

Similar situation to the Cheese clone, when it was passed to me circa 2004, it was simply named cheese. Later, people started up with the Exodus cheese, and Brightside cheese names. However, this plant came to me before all those names became the rage and people started calling their clone by those names.

9 members found this post helpful.