Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > var 'Sweet & SourD'

Thread Title Search
var 'Sweet & SourD' Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2015, 05:22 PM #21
Nug Nymph

Nug Nymph is on a distinguished road
I let mine veg a bit too long for as much as these babies stretch. But i have one sweet n sour D that is on day 40 of flower right now. Long spear buds so far. I will try to get a pic up later but everything is all vine tangled up under trellis and jungle above so it is hard to tell in pics.

The bud structure is interesting on these. It has long arms and spears like a haze, but the diesel curl under of the leaves between the bud. Larger wheat like calyxes similar to the diesel but not exact. It has a smell that is like rancid pine needles, very VERY similar to my old G13 Airborne cut i had. Sour on the nose, but not a sour like the diesel. Smells more spicy and fermented.

I culled all my Hawaiian Spices. All of them were taking way too long to even start forming bud.. i had four but they all were acting like they were more around 120 day flowers.
Nug Nymph is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:32 AM #22
Outcold

Outcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really nice

Here is an excellent example of what Sweet & SourD has done for me. This was taken before being placed paper bags prior to cure. This girl took around 13 weeks. I have a sister of hers in various states of flower and will play around with harvest times. Overall it was a relatively easy grow. Stretch was a little more than 100%.
I have grown Chimera's Dolce Sativa, and have a small idea of what the Sweetest Sativa lends to a hybrid. The Sweet & SourD is similar; the Sweetest Sativa dominates the cross. This is good in the sense that Sweetest Sativa is some good smoke. I have not noticed much of the ECSD shining thru.
With that said, the Dolce Sativa was considerably improved after some time in cure. I will be eager to see what this cross holds in store for myself and my friends.
Thank you Chimera for the creative hybrids you are exposing to the community.
BTW the plant the Sweet and SourD is resting on is a modern mix something. I thought it was a Blueberry hybrid at first but now that I have one 2/3's of the way thru flower its smell and structure are more OG...
OC

Last edited by Outcold; 08-29-2015 at 12:54 AM..
Outcold is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:14 AM #23
bobthegrower

bobthegrower is a jewel in the roughbobthegrower is a jewel in the roughbobthegrower is a jewel in the roughbobthegrower is a jewel in the roughbobthegrower is a jewel in the roughbobthegrower is a jewel in the rough
Nice Grow. Good report. Thanks
bobthegrower is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2015, 02:49 PM #24
OGEvilgenius

OGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really nice
I've heard Sour D is a bit of a calmag whore. T/F? This trait pass on to the offspring in this cross?

Some nice looking flowers in here. Curious if anyone has found some Sour D dominant phenotypes.

If not it's all good one can always do a little hunting in some S1's.
OGEvilgenius is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2015, 07:24 PM #25
Outcold

Outcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really nice
I think this one is more Sour D based on the bud structure. This one is around 11 weeks. I am going to re-veg this pheno after she's all done. Noticeably more potent than another from the same pack.
OC
Outcold is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:04 AM #26
OGEvilgenius

OGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really niceOGEvilgenius is just really nice
I actually have one of these which is persistently staying yellowish... all over. But it looks very healthy otherwise. Wondering if it's simply the color intended or if I'm low on the N. It's been praying during the day though so I'm thinking it's just the color of the plant. I'll have to dig out my refractometer to be more sure, but anyone else see this before?

I'll grab a pic tonight or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow as I'm focused on trimming tonight.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:59 PM #27
OGEvilgenius

Ok it looks like it's just a def - have a lot of plants packed into a small space so it's sometimes harder to tell without pulling them out. Just some mild N deficiency I think. Will have to run with it though as I have too many different varieties to screw for this run.

And a full body shot - I am liking the way this plant grows a lot.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:00 AM #28
Outcold

Here is the more Diesel leaning of the two phenotypes I've encountered. Great smells. But indeterminate in what they may be. Great smoke all around!
Outcold is offline Quote

Old 11-23-2015, 03:32 AM #29
Outcold

Last pic of my Sweet & SourD. This girl has been cured for about a month. Very pronounced taste and smell. This particular phone was fun to watch grow.
Outcold is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2015, 10:53 AM #30
OGEvilgenius

Looks a lot like what's forming on my branches. These girls are going to go pretty long. Not much ECSD coming through at all. But the smells are very good none the less.