Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Chimera Seeds: Genetic Resource Management Archive.

Thread Title Search
Chimera Seeds: Genetic Resource Management Archive. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2017, 04:28 PM #41
Gr33nSanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchBrew View Post
Chimera you cool with some pollen chucking with your gear?
think of it this way, if you buy a Ferrari, they won't forbid you from driving it on bush roads, but ....

I have often made F2s generally using a random male from that line on the best female from that line. I do this simply to preserve some lines for future work.

However, what I have found over the years is that if I have good gear to start with, using a random male on the best female out of a pack of 10 never yielded results that were superior to the original.

I am about to grow a Dragon Fruits F2 I made using Bodhi's gear. I had 2 females and 1 male and made a hundred or so seeds. I am about to flower the first female from this batch of seeds. I will likely be disappointed but you never know.

Ideally I should have kept the original or bought another pack, which I might at some point.

I think where pollen chucking shines is in the creation of new flavors via super poly-hybridization, and avoiding in-breeding, which requires large gene pools.

Last edited by Gr33nSanta; 05-20-2017 at 05:30 PM..

Old 05-21-2017, 12:56 PM #42
HolyGrailP

HolyGrailP will become famous soon enough
C-Plus filial generation

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me filial generation of C-Plus?
I heard somewhere it is f2, but I doubt it....
Have a nice weekend
HolyGrailP is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2017, 08:07 PM #43
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
I don't think Chimera ever line bred the C-Plus.

Since no one knows whether the original CaliO was stable the C-Plus is either an F1 or a multiple hybrid. I've grown it once but unfortunately not to maturity. It has excellent vigour!
Kalbhairav is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:05 AM #44
HolyGrailP

HolyGrailP will become famous soon enough
Thank you
HolyGrailP is offline Quote

Old 05-31-2017, 09:54 PM #45
beanz

beanz has a brilliant futurebeanz has a brilliant futurebeanz has a brilliant futurebeanz has a brilliant futurebeanz has a brilliant futurebeanz has a brilliant futurebeanz has a brilliant futurebeanz has a brilliant futurebeanz has a brilliant futurebeanz has a brilliant futurebeanz has a brilliant future
i really needed to come back and write this wrong .

its been bought to my attention after a lot of searching by some people to identify who the fuckhead was that was trolling me .

sadly chimera was thrown under the bus over this , i wouldn't be much of a man if i did,nt come back and right a wrong would i .

i did have some differing point view with chimera via pm and he was man enough to send me a pm apologising if he had upset me ....

so i think its only right that , now the actual truth has come out that i right a wrong also . and apologise in open forum to him .

hopefully he may understand why conclusions were jumped too ,

mind you it doesn't right my wrong taking a post he had written , as directed at me .

unfortunately i,ll have to blame my high running paranoia at the time from being trolled as a poor excuse for that bad judgment .

sorry chimera .
beanz is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:29 AM #46
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
We all make mistakes, myself included.

To me one of the most admirable characters in a person is the ability to admit when wrong, so thanks for making that post. As far as I am concerned it's all in the past.

Beans we both were trolled by the same person, I had a hunch it was a troll handle as soon as I saw the name, but one can never be sure so you have to give leeway.

Much respect Beanz, and thank you for publicly burying the hatchet. To me it's all water under the bridge.

Sincerely and respectfully,
-Chimera
Chimera is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:48 PM #47
Tipunch

Tipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura about
Schnazz

Hi Chimera, congrats for all the hard work you have put in building such an interesting Line of genetics. Your schnazzleberry#2 was really a winner, I miss her a lot and she is one of a kind. I've been mouth-watering on your Floss for years, guess it's Time to try it if I find a place to buy it.
Back to the schnazz, can you shed some light on the differences between #2 and the following ones. What about that unique candy flavor, strong couch-lock etc.

Thanks for your dedication,

Cheers
Tipunch is online now Quote

Old 07-31-2017, 04:49 PM #48
Chrondiddle O

Chrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really nice
whatever happened to toejam?
Chrondiddle O is offline Quote

Old 07-31-2017, 07:45 PM #49
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Toejam was a hybrid made by Red or Cannabis Cowboy for the now defunct Legend seed company. A Cheese x Flo cross if I remember correctly. I still have a pack of the Honeybee from that release which is a Queen Biker Kush x Flo.

Don't think Chimera was part of that project with Legends (could be wrong though).

Old 07-31-2017, 10:31 PM #50
Chrondiddle O

Chrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really niceChrondiddle O is just really nice
I seem to recall seeing them listed under Chimera on the old hemp depot site many years back
Chrondiddle O is offline Quote