Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Chimera Seeds: Genetic Resource Management Archive.

Thread Title Search
Chimera Seeds: Genetic Resource Management Archive. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2016, 04:47 PM #31
knuckles

knuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of light
Dutch Passion had a NL#2 line yrs ago called oasis,if iam not mistaken..
knuckles is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2016, 05:57 PM #32
bluntmassa
Banned

bluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
Hi P8,

I'd guess that the SAS is probably just an old cut of Chimera's from way back. He mentioned that he used it a lot for test crossing back in the day. Sounds like it was a dependable easy cut to recognise in crosses etc. The Warlock might be the BC Warlock cut. I've heard about it a little and it's meant to be pretty good!

Glad you like the look of the C99 X Chembx.. I'm interested in those purple crosses and the NL#2 x Chembx. NL#2 isn't really something you see in any commercial seed lines as a stand alone var. Even good NL#5 is hard to come by... Since the Chembx was made with pollen from Chi's own NL line, I think this hybrid will probably look like classic NL but with much improved taste and smell. I guess we'll see when someone grows them out.
Actually Mr. Nice has some good nl5 lines Ortega is NL x NL#5 I'm currently growing that one but the NL5 x Afghan was good as hell strong couch lock high. But NL#5 was never sold pure from Nevil or Shantibaba so anyone claiming to have NL#5 pure is full of shit might have worked on an NL5 x Afghan or NL but pure NL5 is nothing more than a clone only.

Nevil did sell NL#2 way back but a lot has changed since Ben bought his company and renamed it Sensi Seeds.
bluntmassa is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2016, 07:22 PM #33
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
EThe SSSC Basic#5 was an original Northern Lights #5 seedline

An explanation from Raco as to what Basic#5 is. As Raco says it's a daughter from Neville stock. Take from that what you will but NL #5 seed stock certainly existed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raco View Post
NL that SSSC got from Neville...probably a daughter of the NL#5 selected by Nevil from seed
Anyway, not here to debate Northern Lights history. It's foggy at best.. Let's keep the posts Chimera based.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:50 PM #34
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
I'm looking for info on The Pure Kush if anybody has any. I'm sure others would like some info as well. It's pretty scarce from what I've seen.

Could you speak about it please, Chimera?
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 11:40 PM #35
3rd-3yed

3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light3rd-3yed is a glorious beacon of light
From memory I think he used the Hollywood PK aka 91' PK
3rd-3yed is offline Quote

Old 04-01-2017, 09:59 PM #36
White Rabbit
Digging in the garden

White Rabbit will become famous soon enoughWhite Rabbit will become famous soon enoughWhite Rabbit will become famous soon enough
Hi guys. Some interesting info here, very informative as well. Im in the market now to start exploring new genetics. I have always been a great fan of Chimera but have never grown any of his work. Im in the Southern hemisphere and looking for some Canadian strains that are both potent and hardy. Looking to explore more indica dominant hybrids with plenty vigour. Hope this is a fair request. And also, which are the best most reliable vendors to use. Kindest regards from far away.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:04 PM #37
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
Hi guys. Some interesting info here, very informative as well. Im in the market now to start exploring new genetics. I have always been a great fan of Chimera but have never grown any of his work. Im in the Southern hemisphere and looking for some Canadian strains that are both potent and hardy. Looking to explore more indica dominant hybrids with plenty vigour. Hope this is a fair request. And also, which are the best most reliable vendors to use. Kindest regards from far away.
Breeders Retail will have you covered. Look for the thread right here in Chimeras forum.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2017, 08:17 PM #38
Stan G.

Stan G. is a glorious beacon of lightStan G. is a glorious beacon of lightStan G. is a glorious beacon of lightStan G. is a glorious beacon of lightStan G. is a glorious beacon of lightStan G. is a glorious beacon of lightStan G. is a glorious beacon of lightStan G. is a glorious beacon of lightStan G. is a glorious beacon of lightStan G. is a glorious beacon of lightStan G. is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting post. Any updates?
Stan G. is offline Quote

Old 04-21-2017, 09:00 PM #39
HatchBrew

Location: Chanting Atheist Hymns at my Pagan Totem...non-gov't subsidized.
HatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud of
Chimera you cool with some pollen chucking with your gear?
HatchBrew is offline Quote

Old 04-22-2017, 12:49 AM #40
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
Yes of course you are free to use these to do any of your own work. I have no problem with people making hybrids, the only thing that really I object to is making copies of inbreds simple F2 generations and then listing those along side by donating them to SB or the like.

If you want to actually put some real work into developing your own line, and do some real inbreeding where you grow a bunch of the originals and do some real work selecting within the line for a few generations, than have at it. To me this is more more acceptable then simply taking 1-2 plants from a 10 pack and mating them together, to then be sold on the same shelves... that grinds my gears a little - but if you want to actually put in some work and do some real breeding, who am I to say no? I support anybody that wants to put any actual breeding work in, once the genes are out there, they are fair game afaic. Part of the point of releasing say the Bubba cross, is so people can use those as a start of a backcross program to the Bubba- these simplify the work as you already have positive pollen inputs to stat the backcross line. Heck I'd probably trade you for some of those also, just to have them in the library- I save you a generation on the F1, you save me a generation on the backcross. Seems fair.

Have fun and use them to make something great or better than the originals, and if you are doing something positive for Cannabis and not just your pocketbook, I'm stoked.
Sound fair?

24 members found this post helpful.