What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with Nikon D7000 lenses and etc

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Hey :wave:

I have recently bought a Nikon D7000 camera, that also came with a DX AF-S Nikkor 35mm 1.8G Lens....(it also came with the manual and an extra book, specifically on the D7000)

Now...I can honestly say I know very little about DSLR's and how to take a decent picture(not that I've used this one yet) and know even less about what I want/need.

I bought this camera mainly to use to take Cannabis pictures(but will use it for other things) so am wondering..."what other lenses to get?"

So...can some people here let me know what I need(and why i need it/what is it's use(s)?) (and where the lens I have fits into this picture)

From first guess I basically want to take full room pics....pics of a nice bud growing....dried bud pics....and....it's probably not all that necessary(and I'm guessing some will just say buy a microscope contraption...but just humor me :D) (and have read and seen that micro lenses CAN be pretty expensive?) maybe some macro pics ?...

Now I see that there are other makers of lenses....what are some trusted manufactures and I cant afford the Nikon/nikkor lenses

Also...the more I read the more confused on get on the flash department...some things I've read that there can be too much light with a normal flash...and with those flash rings..not enough/wrong sort of light...I don't know lol...they more I read the more it confuses me lol

Some places I have seen talk about getting one of those tracks to hold 2 flashes????? .....and have seen the recommendation to buy an older model(cant find the info i kept on it?...maybe I didn't?) Nikon flash

And a tri pod (or 2...a small one)...I'm guessing from what I have read they are not all created equal and prices can get ridiculous...so what really do I need to look for and will be happy using???

Hmmmmm I cant think what else (if anything) I needed to ask?(may have more questions later?)

OK...Thanks for any possible help you may be able to offer.HH. =]-~

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
sigma has decent lense and macro settings,tokina decent lenses too.. I have heiwa tripod for my bigger lense 2600 as cheaper ones don't work.. I also use a monopod for that lense... I got d70s Nikon... only got one Nikon 18 to 70 lens... couldn't afford a Nikon telephoto lense they are as expensive as a car..

vapeking

I have the Nikon D7000 and the 18-300mm lens. Wanting to use it in the garden any tips. The HPS lights make it orange with black lines.....

DemonTrich

Veteran
I hate to make another thread about the Nikon dslrs. I just bought a d3200 kit last night on amazon. mainly to take supurb pics of my flowers. got a killer deal on a d3200 kit, with 2 lenses, 3 filters, macro plus wide angle lens, 16gb card, bag, ect for 560.00 shipped with 4 day shipping. I cant wait. no more shitty pics from my crappy ass 8mp camera phone. time for some super frosty pics.