What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian Highland (African Seeds)

blan-k-flor

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
hola blan k, your plants are very nice!

back in the overgrow days, I remember almost buying a pack of this Ethiopian Highland, but I was really put off by the description, where the company claimed that this was the favorite cultivar of Haile Selassie I and his wife :yoinks:

I don't doubt that it is good herb and from Ethiopia, but come on!

peace!

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Wow, nice for a late Fall crop Blan!
Are you in a warm winter area? Are you able to grow outdoors all year?
Beautiful plants.

Dihlofos

blan-k-flor, As far as I understand, the bank no longer exists? Are there any analogues who is possible to buy this brand? You will do to save their seeds genetics?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
MAHA KALA, are you Finnish? Just wondering cuz your name means belly fish :D

I tried spicing this post up with pictures of a Peru/Ethiopian hybrid but apparently this 10e piece of s**t of a camera doesn't have a "clear picture" function. :p

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Beautiful girls and pretty homogeneous too! Let's see how they smoke with a nice cure!

The Cannabis Trade in Ethiopia

The main areas of cannabis cultivation are Alemaya district of eastern Hararghe, Shebendia district of Sidamo, Shashemene district (and other areas) in Oromia region, and Debre Berhan district in Amahara region. Shashemene is notable for being the location given over to the repatriation of Jamaican Rastafarians, who in 1966 were reportedly encouraged by King Haile Selassie to relocate. Now, Shashemene is quietly famous for its ties to reggae and Rastafarianism, as well as for the quality of its cannabis.

Agriculture is a hugely important part of the Ethiopian economy, accounting for 47% of GDP and 80% of exports, as well as employing 85% of the workforce. For the rural poor, cannabis is useful as a medicinal and recreational substance; increasingly, it also may provide an extra source of income as demand increases, both in the cities and from the cadres of traffickers operating in the country’s rural areas. Cannabis is usually cultivated in inaccessible areas where enforcement of laws is difficult to achieve, including areas which, prior to recent eradication and seizure efforts, had never traditionally cultivated the plant.

Eradications of cannabis in Ethiopia have been occurring since the mid-1990s, and it is estimated that 320 hectares were destroyed in 1996, followed by further seizures over the subsequent years. Seizures of herbal cannabis accounted for 423kg in 2009, up from 194kg in 2007. Total production figures for Ethiopia are unknown, as is the quantity of cannabis transported from other countries through Ethiopia to its final destination.

Currently, the price for personal quantities of cannabis in Ethiopia ranges from $0.10 to $0.40 per gram, usually for amounts of 40-50 grams; cannabis is usually herbal, but hashish from Morocco, Egypt and Lebanon is also available.

If I remember well, some ceramic smoking pipes were found in the Lalibela Caves dated back at 1300AD, and contained traces of cannabis inside them. So there is for sure a long tradition on smoking ganja in Ethiopia!

Best vibes. ;)

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Bombadil. Nice to see you here.

Hi Ban-k

Your Ethiopians seem really wonderful. What beautiful colors! You have green fingers.

Greetings my friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts