What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics Strain Info, Listings, And all........

Jbomber79

Veteran
Mochi Biker and Sweets

Attachments

• 9C4DFD2E-9B11-4D06-9F6F-3452B6D53024.jpeg
    9C4DFD2E-9B11-4D06-9F6F-3452B6D53024.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 34
  • 6E8CA53F-36CA-4955-91FF-108660DA7015.jpeg
    6E8CA53F-36CA-4955-91FF-108660DA7015.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35

awwc

yes , indeed, but with only a 5x5ft tent (prev grows was a 4x3.5ft) , we try and grow '2' new seeds per grow... can't really grow much more then that, ... so if an elite comes around say 1 in 100 (i don't know the actual percentage), and we grow 2 news seeds with every grow, and we grow twice a year, lets talk in 25years....
I couldn't bare this low plant count, I would literally flip out to be honest.

awwc

yes , indeed, but with only a 5x5ft tent (prev grows was a 4x3.5ft) , we try and grow '2' new seeds per grow... can't really grow much more then that, ... so if an elite comes around say 1 in 100 (i don't know the actual percentage), and we grow 2 news seeds with every grow, and we grow twice a year, lets talk in 25years....
Tbh if you do this, I would not bother with seeds unless they are true IBL with 2 phenos or something or you just don't care about finding a keeper too too much. Maybe check out some fems made from f3/f4+ with a solid selection, this will definitely help you in ''finding a keeper'' if the breeder has done good work.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Tbh if you do this, I would not bother with seeds unless they are true IBL with 2 phenos or something or you just don't care about finding a keeper too too much. Maybe check out some fems made from f3/f4+ with a solid selection, this will definitely help you in ''finding a keeper'' if the breeder has done good work.
i have a few keepers , not elites (my opinion) but pretty good - 2 diff headbangers, a purple punch , a runtz muffin, an unknown seed, a sdkush (from rez) , and another rez bx2... last grow i finally got a thai melon lady, after 4-5-6 prev seeds were all males... once the grow is finished , i will decide if she is a keeper...

all the recent seeds we have bought (3-4yrs) have been fem's... mostly from ace, but so far no keepers- we had 3 golden tiger plants (same mum, all were clones)- we picked one at 100 days then 120, and finally 150.... and it could have gone longer... i def would grow a plant 1/2 a year , but it's gotta be real/real good... so far with ace will have grown 5 diff sativa's, and have not found a keeper...

awwc

i have a few keepers , not elites (my opinion) but pretty good - 2 diff headbangers, a purple punch , a runtz muffin, an unknown seed, a sdkush (from rez) , and another rez bx2... last grow i finally got a thai melon lady, after 4-5-6 prev seeds were all males... once the grow is finished , i will decide if she is a keeper...

all the recent seeds we have bought (3-4yrs) have been fem's... mostly from ace, but so far no keepers- we had 3 golden tiger plants (same mum, all were clones)- we picked one at 100 days then 120, and finally 150.... and it could have gone longer... i def would grow a plant 1/2 a year , but it's gotta be real/real good... so far with ace will have grown 5 diff sativa's, and have not found a keeper...
Yeah those do indeed sound like keepers and not ''elites'' although imo if you find a good headbanger, it can be an ''elite'' for hash in some sense but not flower I think. Tha Melon could be considered an elite (maybe for hash too) just it has some herm tendancies and for me an ''Elite'' needs to be so robust that quite frankly it's hard to throw it off even with abuse. It needs to tick all the boxes, yield, smell, power, disease resistance (probably most important), pedigree etc.

Ppl who say LPC75 is an ''elite'' because it looks amazing and yields big IMO it's not. True ''elites'' like ppl mean in popular culture need to tick all the boxes. I think that to be quite honest with you, Stuff like rainbow belts can actually be considered an elite, even though people might not see it like that.

Then again these are all vague cannabro arguments but I will make one point: we all know it's a cultivar but we call it a strain, but a strain is for a bacteria. now here is the deal IMO with this practice, I think it's valid for the same reason a horse doesn't have ''tights'' but rather ''gaskins''

LordOfTheNugZ7

Oof. I'd go insane popping only 2 at a time.
I pop at least 50 at a time and do short veg times to get an idea of the flower quality faster, then keep clones of the best ones and do a longer veg runs w them to REALLY check them out. If they outshine a mother I already have, they get kept as a mother, if they don't, I keep using the same mothers, but also search 50 more in a different chamber/tent/room.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I pop at least 50 at a time and do short veg times to get an idea of the flower quality faster, then keep clones of the best ones and do a longer veg runs w them to REALLY check them out. If they outshine a mother I already have, they get kept as a mother, if they don't, I keep using the same mothers, but also search 50 more in a different chamber/tent/room.
when u have limited space, and u need to grow some weed for the upcoming months, u have to make do.... i am growing 11 plants at the moment ... 9 previously grown cuttings, and '2' new seeds, which turned out tobe ladies... a tha melon, and a rez bx2 from many years ago... i have cuttings, and i will grow em out next grow in sept - i'd luv to do some selections... just impossible...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when u have limited space, and u need to grow some weed for the upcoming months, u have to make do.... i am growing 11 plants at the moment ... 9 previously grown cuttings, and '2' new seeds, which turned out tobe ladies... a tha melon, and a rez bx2 from many years ago... i have cuttings, and i will grow em out next grow in sept - i'd luv to do some selections... just impossible...

I see no issues with low plant counts... We all work with what we have. Keep growing whatever you can 1 plant is fine. I pop a few seeds all the time even with the space to pop 25.. Doing a few at a time is my prefered method.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'm happy like a kid at christmas morning, my pack of Sowah have been delivered. I have already many plants in my veg space so I can't have 12 more seedlings, I will just put 2 seeds in germination because I have waited for too long to not grow some Sowah as fast as it's possible. I still need a bit more patience because I can't start the seeds before 10 days. At least I have the seeds with me now it's just a matter of logistic and time before I can smoke some delicious Sour Diesel buds, those seeds will be treated as royalty, I hope to find a keeper.

DutchHazeDog

You pop 50, do short veg to see the flower quality faster, so how do you keep clones from the best phenos? You reveg them and then take a clone? I usually veg the minimum time till I can take clones and as soon as the clones are confirmed rooting then I put all the 'new mothers' in flower, which ends up taking at least 40 days of 18/6 from germination.

LordOfTheNugZ7

You pop 50, do short veg to see the flower quality faster, so how do you keep clones from the best phenos? You reveg them and then take a clone? I usually veg the minimum time till I can take clones and as soon as the clones are confirmed rooting then I put all the 'new mothers' in flower, which ends up taking at least 40 days of 18/6 from germination.

I keep the top as a clone when i top the plant but I snip two nodes down, and also the lowers as clones. By short veg time, I mean about a month or so, I top once then flip and then take snips of the lowers after stretch because they root fast at that time.
Once a keeper is selected, those clones are kept and the others are culled. Sometimes if I didn't get snips and unexpectedly find a possible keeper in late flower or near harvest, I will snip a nug to root as a clone and monster crop it. Just depends on the situation, but when hunting seeds the first time I don't usually veg very long, I want to see if the flower is good as fast as possible, and keep the best and cull the rest and then replicate the best on a larger scale and larger plants and monocropped to see real potential met.
I'm sure we all have our own developed methods.

Hash Artist

@LostTribe i just snagged a pack of sowahh today on attitude. Hoping to get my hands on pack of sd-bx2 too if the remainder of those packs have yet to drop.

Edit: I see now it’s out at -us but still available at -uk.

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
I heard there was a US seedbank carrying Karma gear???
Still can't find it if it exists.
Not ordering from overseas for beans as precious as Karma's.
I have a good stash of older stuff and my own seed increases from those so I'm not hurting as I think some of that early stuff was some of the best work.
I'm more or less just wanting the josh d line and one day it will find me.