What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coco beds...adjusta wing 2 wire converts kits...oh snap

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
sick bro. looks nice. that true does look a little smaller but is it loud and crusted? im about to throw some of those same two strains in about three weeks. along with thin mint, gg4,and a wifi pheno hunt and a sin city boss sis pheno hunt. plus some blue dream just for good numbers haha. thats my first coco run. made a hydroton coco hydroton sammy, dtw same system your running for irrigation except in pots. wish me luck im all in.splash!

sureshot66

Veteran
badass controller from gavita

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

sureshot66

Veteran
40 or 80 not sure I'm just gunna use it Ina small room with 4 until I fully convert my big room
Dude ur Gg looks sick stoked it's not the dud la got how's the nose on the rugburn

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
40 or 80 not sure I'm just gunna use it Ina small room with 4 until I fully convert my big room
Dude ur Gg looks sick stoked it's not the dud la got how's the nose on the rugburn

Sorry dude, what?........,,,,,,,what???...,,sorry dude
I'm standing next to this rug burn i can't heAr a word you're saying.

coldcanna

Veteran
can any of yall see a reason not to use pex instead of pvc. working around the pvc has me wondering if im going to accidentally break ot one day in a mishap. pex is so much more durable and forgiving. thoughts?

While PEX is generally cheaper for the piping you'll find that the fittings are where they make there money, it adds up quick. I don't believe the PEX is that much stronger anyhow. What I would recommend is sleeving the PVC at the points that are vulnerable to breaking, we use everything from scrap electrical conduit to black iron pipe when sleeving through walls and floor penetrations ect... For added rigidity look at using split ring hangers for support, every 4 feet is the code for plumbing, you'll find that properly hung PVC is actually very rugged. Your local plumbing supply house will have everything you need for shoring up those pipes.... Ask for F&M plates, threaded rod, split rings to match desired pipe size, and nuts for the rod. Hope this helps.....

whatthe215

Veteran
I love how much I've learned setting up these feed lines. It used to be cut, christys red hot, push in and use within 10minutes. Then I had a few breaks and floods...

Now it's cut, de-burr, prime, rain or shine cement, push and twist, hold for 30 seconds, and wait at least an hour before using... much stronger.

I feel like I could plumb a house now.

Jack posted a photo on IG a few weeks back showing a new room. He was using 1/2" shutoff valves rather than 4" risers to raise each octabubbler up. I thought that was pretty smart and I'm gonna use it in my next room. I'll throw in a quad bubbler every 3 octas and be able to setup any amount of drippers I want without adding, removing or capping Ts. Much more flexible setup especially if running pots instead of beds.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i did that with mine too. i havent seen his thread but i wanted to set up irrigation to be flexible as i think ill do beds but im cutting my teeth in pots. so each light has 2 octos but im running 4 pots per light for now si made the ball valves my risers.its awesome. i also decided to set up my whole veg in drippers now and set it up so on a few lights i have a bunch of heads so even early 4 inch pots have a light where they can have a dripper each. as i went down the row i used a little less heads per light because as i up pot use more lights in veg progression ill need less heads per light. my hands are purple and i feel toxic ughh 4 am irrigation marathon. three nights in a row.
I love how much I've learned setting up these feed lines. It used to be cut, christys red hot, push in and use within 10minutes. Then I had a few breaks and floods...

Now it's cut, de-burr, prime, rain or shine cement, push and twist, hold for 30 seconds, and wait at least an hour before using... much stronger.

I feel like I could plumb a house now.

Jack posted a photo on IG a few weeks back showing a new room. He was using 1/2" shutoff valves rather than 4" risers to raise each octabubbler up. I thought that was pretty smart and I'm gonna use it in my next room. I'll throw in a quad bubbler every 3 octas and be able to setup any amount of drippers I want without adding, removing or capping Ts. Much more flexible setup especially if running pots instead of beds.

sureshot66

Veteran
oh that sucks whatthe i guess everyone there got that version are u goinmg to jacks party next month? thats smart with the shutoffs i break risers cuz my rows are narrow as fuck and they get hooked on shit ill look into swapping that out

whatthe215

Veteran
I've been running my feed lines sitting on the coco beds actually because I have small aisleways as well.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Hi all, I had a question regarding the operation of the pump with the galcon controller. I understand the galcon has a master valve solenoid control that would signal the pump to turn on. Did you guys have to install a relay for the pump to do this? Thank you!
so i did couple of these now and i have some afterthoughts. so i did the grunfos and loved how i never had to wire a relay to the controller. i put hoses in the line that are fed before the timed valves. so because its pressure controlled relay inside the pump i can hand water without turning on the pump.

second room (my veg room) i bought a cheap 120 dollar chinese
1 1/5 hp pump very similar design but cheap. no internal relay but i wired an orbit pump relay into the galcon master valve. works fine but i do have to now manually turn on pump to handwater. not a big deal but after i built all that i found this.
doh.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Flotec-40-60-Pressure-Switch-TC2153/100177985
pretty cool. you tee it into your pvc.it threads on like a cap. when the pressure drops because a valve or faucet opens it turns on a relay. when you close the valve the pressure builds which triggers the relay again and turns it off.i wired my relays to an extension cord and it turns on pump. you could do the same with this . that way you can hand water without turning on pump manually. you can also fine tune calibrate it to turn on and off at a desired pressure range.

i may start a drip design thread showing all this. its a pretty badass set up. thanks yall for helping me get it going.

Last edited:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
awesome thread, lots of great info...I'll be building a 4-6 light adjusta-gavita trailer in the next month or so and don't anticipate any aisle room so a drip setup like this is a mandatory addition... great info guys..thanks.

wiggleworm1980

Nice grow! Great work. What type of ballasts are running those Adjust a wing DE conversions? Can a regular 1k digi like quantum run those?