What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UVB VS NO UVB Side by Side

k-grower

i don´t get this, if someone in have allready done scientific search and study of effect of uvb to cannabis chemotypes and documented it.
why are you trying to copy that study much worse conditoins than sealed test area´s what they use professionally.
just waste of time, even the study have mentioned in this topic couple times but still you keep talking get proofs. retarded....

Green_science

i don´t get this, if someone in have allready done scientific search and study of effect of uvb to cannabis chemotypes and documented it.
why are you trying to copy that study much worse conditoins than sealed test area´s what they use professionally.
just waste of time, even the study have mentioned in this topic couple times but still you keep talking get proofs. retarded....

Thank's for you're input and lesson on grammar, it was really helpful!

Twist1

I am really interested in this too - Thanks for running this test so that we all might learn something here. Good luck.

Peace

Granger2

Veteran
Green Science,
I have an idea for a second side by side. You could hang [horizontally] a light sabre [blue spectrum], and of course, a control [no light sabre]. I got this idea looking at your photos. Good luck. Thanks for sharing your investigation, and for having the curiosity to experiment. I guess you could say I'm a Yea Sayer. -granger

Green_science

Green Science,
I have an idea for a second side by side. You could hang [horizontally] a light sabre [blue spectrum], and of course, a control [no light sabre]. I got this idea looking at your photos. Good luck. Thanks for sharing your investigation, and for having the curiosity to experiment. I guess you could say I'm a Yea Sayer. -granger

After googling light sabres to check which lighting system you was reffering to I come to the conclusion that you was talking about genuine Jedi light sabres?
IF so, then

1.Although it is pretty obvious that Yoda is a heavy med user, we still cant be sure that he uses the force for his grow ops main lighting.

2. Unsure where to obtain genuine light sabres, pretty sure you have to kill a jedi, which if you have ever encountered one you will know is easier said than done

I have seen test done with dark side red Sabres and they are great for flowering, but I am unsure if regular blue Light Sabres put out any UVB? Someone chime in

rrog

Veteran
I've been supplementing with a UV-b lamp for a few years. Metal Halide reptile lamp. With a chicken coop heat lamp reflector. I start the UV early, as I've read where there may be UV-sensitive precursors of THC developing in veg. There was an epic debate on GrassCity a while back and that tidbit came out. Not sure of its voracity, but it's cheap and easy to have the UV lamp on so what the hell.

pepe le skunk highlights a good point,, especially with fluorescents the light diminishes exponentially quickly as you move farther from the source,.., but you need at least 1 foot from the arcadia 12% lamps, especially with a reflector. Even at one foot the UV levels are unnaturally high, 18" is a good distance I have found... Those lamps are nothing to play with if you touch the bulb you could be getting multiple times the levels of the highest occuring UV. I got too close to mine and heard a weird buffeting, and my skin was seriously fucked, felt like my bones were itching.... :-D
Another member whos name escapes me has done extensive research and finds that 100-150 microwatts is a good rate for hybrids, which is 20-24" for the arcadia 12% lamps, and that they work best as side lighting.....

Green_science

Well I have the lamps place around 4 inches away, "whoops", I cannot see any negative side affects, and in all honesty it does seem like the UVB supplementation has done something (perhaps good) I will grab some pics, the closest plants "seem" they maybe a whiter color, this could be accelerated ripening like I thought on some previous test I done, IE cloudy trichomes before the others, well see, thank's for the input and good to see some people interested

Green_science

Anyone want to venture a guess as to which cluster was recieving UVB enrichment

picture.php

rrog

Veteran
The trich density is interesting. JKD has me wondering about yield.

Last edited: