What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

Hola Redrider

Hola Redrider

Hey man good to see you back and trying to get back in action. I remember your old grows, the rainbow Colombian Gold. Colombian Black and others.

The manizales buds in the beginning of this thread are interesting. Supposedly from years of research that the Manizales black was something like what wacky weed was in the 60's but maybe a less potent version. The lowland/Choco district areas along the coast were where the "blacks" came from. Maybe they were so much in color but by the people who grew them? Old school Wacky Weed would be awesome to see again. Also the Colombian Green I used to get in the mid 80's was so resinous and you smoked the resin off the buds a few times before getting to the plant material. Super expansive and so potent I could barely take a few hits and I was done.

The old school Reds, even the Santa Marta Reds frown up in the mountains would be awesome to see come back. I would assume some family growers are still growing some of them. I spoke to one of the Black Tuna gang not long ago and asked him about the Colombian Golds. He told be that they would have warehouses in the La Guijira loaded with bails of the commercial. He could get gold and this was the hey day of 70's import lumbo and he said it was really rare, only 1 bail or 2 was ever available because it was grown by a few family's from older cultivars. Though he said if you kept asking for gold, of course we have gold. They were trying to sell you the stuff but it was the real deal. A lot of the commercial which was named gold was just bleached from the sun, unfortunately. Then over time it got bad, and good lumbo got a bad name. Not to mention the real golds were such long flowering types it was economical to grow because people would buy the stuff either way.

Colombian Black from a few years ago. Very speedy.
2dujedu.jpg

Colombian Black dried flower top
r0tpic.jpg

Santa Marta Colombian Gold night pic
1raq95.jpg

SMG macro
10y44ty.jpg

Colombian Gold/Panama Red and UK Cheese hybrid
2cqmslk.jpg

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sexy Colombian

Sexy Colombian

2006 was a golden year for me. I had pounds of buds off just one big plant and just me to smoke it. I never got tired of it but I had many other strains at the time to share with it. I was in weed heven lol. Here;s a few more snaps of the Santa Marta Gold 2006

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
More Colombian

More Colombian

All the plants in this pic are from Colombian seed (grown in Colombia). As you can see there are many types of Colombian. It all came out great to me.

attachment.php

High altitude Colombian

Viva Colombia!

Last edited:

OLDproLg

Veteran
Hey RED!

those lumbo's your standing in back of remind me of what i use to grow!
back in the day...
Christmas trees!!!
Yes they had lots of pheno's,some were long branched creeper types with budlings every 3 inches apart..all the way up branches!!
i use to grow alot of BAIL pot just to see what i could find!!
i have video still of them!!!!
i have grown thousands of MEX and LUMBO plants,it was fun!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Long Flowering

Long Flowering

Hey RED!

those lumbo's your standing in back of remind me of what i use to grow!
back in the day...
Christmas trees!!!
Yes they had lots of pheno's,some were long branched creeper types with budlings every 3 inches apart..all the way up branches!!
i use to grow alot of BAIL pot just to see what i could find!!
i have video still of them!!!!
i have grown thousands of MEX and LUMBO plants,it was fun!
Hi OLDproLg that one really big sativa took forever to finish and never stopped putting out new growth. Its so strange to me that years ago Mexican and Colombian was everywhere up north. Everyone I knew in TX & GA smoked nothing but, until the late 80s. Before then thats what I thought a marijuna planted looked like. Colombian was so common now it seems so rare. However the Colombian sativa is still here (the same weed is was smoking in the 70s I;m smoking now) as well as the imported strains (which by the way are grown in the high altitude and are of the finest quality). That plants parents came from the tropical lowland and I grew it out at 2,700mt, so I don't think it had the warmth for growing that it might have needed.

attachment.php

Not even close to being finished.

attachment.php

Buds & more buds

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok so I had a nice talk with my Colombian contact telling him that I’m looking for “domestic” strains of the highest quality. I feel pretty sure he understands what I want and last night he calls me saying he had something for me. So I hook up and check out what he got me, it was really short; I thought it was a lb but this was maybe 50 grams. And it looked bad, big leaves and sticks mixed in a clump of seedy smallish buds. Very dark stringy stuff but with a surprisingly good smell. He told me this came from the Chocó region and was an old strain that had been grown there for years and he thought it was pure. I have no idea how true his story is but I was very disappointed with the sample but I thought I should try it before passing total judgment. So I cleaned some of it up and put a small bit in my pipe to try. The first hit tasted very good, so much different than it looked. The smoke did not burn my lungs and really didn’t expand. For this reason I didn’t think it was as good (strong) as my last sample. After finishing the bowl I felt nothing and really started to get upset with my Colombian friend. I waited 15 minutes and still felt nothing at that point I felt I should call him. So I called him and not 1 minute into the call I forgot why I was calling him. At 20 minutes in this stuff hit me like a ton of bricks, all in my head at first making my eyes blood red and heavy accompanied by strong cotton mouth. Not much euphoria but unable to maintain a progressive thought process and very trippy. The effect although strong came in waves and very soon I was 100% under. It has a speedy racy sensation to it but no motivation and slight paranoia, nothing bad but noticeable. I could tell that this was grown at low altitude because of the heaviness to the effect. This sensation peaked after an hour but it took 3 hours before completely leaving me. The come down is very sleepy but doesn’t make me feel bad and later I was able to reup and get back to that intense trippy effect. Although very surprised by the quality of the effect I was still upset about the count because I don’t care how good it is the count must be correct. I will post pics soon but it looks so bad I hate to post them.
Peace from Colombia!

Apodo

At this point red rider, you should have sampled quite a portion of the genetic pool of Colombian sativas, I am felling quite dumb that I have not tried any Colombian weed, when I was there. Quite dumb... because I been almost living in Bogota for 2 or 3 moths a year during a lapse of 4 years. Well, how knows, if I ever return there, I will try to do some form of catch up.
I know that the drug police there is quite rough, and was quite hardened during the Uribe administration. Still, hope that you are conserving a sharing seeds, looks like that most people in Colombia are smoking "Cripy" now... is quite ironic, having such wonderful genetics at hand, they settle for Chronic or White Widow.
Hope you are well, I miss the tinto and the arepas so much...

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never tried Colombian?

Never tried Colombian?

At this point red rider, you should have sampled quite a portion of the genetic pool of Colombian sativas, I am felling quite dumb that I have not tried any Colombian weed, when I was there. Quite dumb... because I been almost living in Bogota for 2 or 3 moths a year during a lapse of 4 years. Well, how knows, if I ever return there, I will try to do some form of catch up.
I know that the drug police there is quite rough, and was quite hardened during the Uribe administration. Still, hope that you are conserving a sharing seeds, looks like that most people in Colombia are smoking "Cripy" now... is quite ironic, having such wonderful genetics at hand, they settle for Chronic or White Widow.
Hope you are well, I miss the tinto and the arepas so much...

Yes I've sampled quite a few strains over the years here (never get tired of it) but there’s still more discoveries to be made I'm sure. But I can understand your coming here and not smoking cause depending on the Colombians that your here with, it’s not cool to consume cannabis. As far as the law is concerned, it’s changed and now (as it was before 07) and personal is 22 grams and no arrest. However you still must be cool because it’s not socially acceptable. I see people all the time in my neighborhood smoking joints somewhat discreetly but their all young. In fact when I hook up, we meet in a cafeteria and openly make the exchange as well as inspection (no smoking though). Then we share a tinto and shoot the shit for a few then part ways. No stress from the law just mindful discretion, I rarely smoke outside my house. In the city I have a friend that gets the best Crippy, its always top shelf seedless imported genetics. Sometimes he even gets named strains but it’s always the same price, 5,000COP per gram minimum 10g purchase. My other friend travels around the country and gets the best traditional Colombian Sativa from remote somewhat isolated regions. So I have a few choices to “buy” good to very good smoke here. But really since you come here you really need to try the traditional (or regs) local sativa. Just be careful but don’t stress about the law cause as long as you “look” clean & or professional they treat you like you’re their boss.
This new sample is not going to be reproduced as I don’t like the effect from it. It has a much better smell and taste than the previous sample and it is considerably stronger. However the effect comes on much slower and hits me very hard making my eyes almost shut building up to very confusing peak with a jittery effect. Not much euphoria at all but a super long lasting full head body stone, it never seems to end but when it does I feel tired. It’s good for night time but I felt a bit “hung over” from it this morning and I don’t care for that. I’m not going to keep these seeds but I’ll make hash or ISO out of the buds for night meds. I did complain about the count and dude says he’s going to make up for it on our next encounter (which will be soon).
attachment.php

2hrs NE of Bogota
Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

Chomba64

Veteran
red rider. Always good to read about your experiences there. Keeping us informed on what is avaliable. peace

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian lowland tropical Sativa

Colombian lowland tropical Sativa

Here's some pics, this is defiantly low altitude grown Colombian sativa. Jungle weed, with a very “narcotic” effect that’s very potent. It really smokes well and the taste became better after I got use to it, the flavor is deep, rich Colombian that lingers long after the burn.

attachment.php

Its not wet but its not dry either, sticky.

attachment.php

These seeds a 100% black & small (ripe) or white all in the same bud(s).

attachment.php

I’ve decided to keep a few seeds to grow somewhere down the line but I really don’t care for this type of high.

Viva Colombia!

Last edited:

RubbaDub

It's hard for me to understand why so much herb is grown in Colombia, yet it's not considered socially acceptable. Any idea why? is it primarily grown for export?

I recently read Robert Sabbag's Smokescreen. He mentioned that Colombians referred to other Colombians who smoked as 'Burros', I think because they were considered lazy. Is that still the perception 40 years later?

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
I must have been too stoned to miss this thread ! I read it all and I want more, lol...
I enjoy reading your reports and watching all those beautiful buds. Why do you think that hihgland varieties are so different than the lowland ones ? Could it be the sun intensity and/or temperatures ?
Other opinions are always welcome.
Keep up the good work, Red Rider !
Peace, HJ.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vida de Colombia

Vida de Colombia

I don’t know why, maybe it’s because I can but I believe it’s important to make note of the cannabis I’m exposed to here in Colombia. I’m so thankful for this site and the fine elite growers from around the world; you have my sincerest respect and gratitude. The seed in this last sample is going to be saved but I don’t think it’s of the quality I would want to send out to the world, however the jury is still out.
My experience here in Colombia although lengthy (6 +years) is limited because I, just like I’ve done all my life is to not know many people that are involved with cannabis, for obvious security reasons. So my view of the cannabis culture in this region of Colombia is narrow and limited to what I have personally grown or obtained here. I’ve always heard Colombia produces a lot of cannabis and at one time produce more than any other country in the world, short of Mexico. I know (from the media) that Colombia produces more cocaine than any other country in the world but living here I would never think it because very few people use it. Most Colombians I know are very health conscience(sp) and don’t like to take anything they perceive as being a “drug”. People I know here eat nothing but fresh farm raised food with little or no condiments and fresh fruit juices. My Colombian wife cooks everything with the minimal salt, fat and sugar, its healthy food but takes months for me to get use to after years of a very rich American diet. My assessment is that most Colombians feel drugs are bad and so is anyone that uses them thus making cannabis users lowlifes in their eyes. Even cigarettes are banned in bars and smokers really looked down upon. Now here’s the really bad part, drinking is very acceptable and rampant, bars everywhere and on the holidays parities cannot be avoided. It’s quite common during Christmas to see high end businessmen totally “faced” out on the streets. It’s the same old chalice that being drunk is ok but being stoned is not. But that’s how it is here, although the attitude is changing so I’m hoping to see improvement soon; the law has changed as far as personal use.
I made some QWISO with the new batch and I can say it made the effect a little better to me. The oil hits me faster and has a noticeable increase of euphoria, but still has that strong sense of confusion. You know the “why did I come in here” feeling. It’s also trippier than the raw bud with great revelations and unique perspectives; the downside to me is the paranoia has also increased as well as the long burn out at the finish. The previous sample has much better quality’s in my opinion. Well ok that’s all I can think of at the moment but will update soon.

attachment.php

Colombian Tropical Sativa 2013

attachment.php

Bogota Colombia!

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:
R

recent guest

Yes I've sampled quite a few strains over the years here (never get tired of it) but there’s still more discoveries to be made I'm sure. But I can understand your coming here and not smoking cause depending on the Colombians that your here with, it’s not cool to consume cannabis. As far as the law is concerned, it’s changed and now (as it was before 07) and personal is 22 grams and no arrest. However you still must be cool because it’s not socially acceptable. I see people all the time in my neighborhood smoking joints somewhat discreetly but their all young. In fact when I hook up, we meet in a cafeteria and openly make the exchange as well as inspection (no smoking though). Then we share a tinto and shoot the shit for a few then part ways. No stress from the law just mindful discretion, I rarely smoke outside my house. In the city I have a friend that gets the best Crippy, its always top shelf seedless imported genetics. Sometimes he even gets named strains but it’s always the same price, 5,000COP per gram minimum 10g purchase. My other friend travels around the country and gets the best traditional Colombian Sativa from remote somewhat isolated regions. So I have a few choices to “buy” good to very good smoke here. But really since you come here you really need to try the traditional (or regs) local sativa. Just be careful but don’t stress about the law cause as long as you “look” clean & or professional they treat you like you’re their boss.
This new sample is not going to be reproduced as I don’t like the effect from it. It has a much better smell and taste than the previous sample and it is considerably stronger. However the effect comes on much slower and hits me very hard making my eyes almost shut building up to very confusing peak with a jittery effect. Not much euphoria at all but a super long lasting full head body stone, it never seems to end but when it does I feel tired. It’s good for night time but I felt a bit “hung over” from it this morning and I don’t care for that. I’m not going to keep these seeds but I’ll make hash or ISO out of the buds for night meds. I did complain about the count and dude says he’s going to make up for it on our next encounter (which will be soon).
View Image
2hrs NE of Bogota
Peace from Colombia!

WOW! Look at those thin thin THIN sativa leaves! You cant even tell that thats marijuana! Impressed. Impressed impressed. Good work :)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
As far as Colombian Punto Rojo I think it is the best all time cannabis in the world and I highly recommend it hands down. To me the best Punto Rojo delivers and perfect high, one that not only gives you great ideas but also the ability to enact them should you want. I wouldn’t say it’s clear, motivational, like some Mexicans or even the Gold’s but it’s a deep rewarding experience.

View Image
High Altitude Colombian Punto Rojo 2005

Peace from Colombia!

Red Rider - I love your postings! Thanks for helping me relive my youth vicariously through your pictures and descriptions. I smoked quite a bit of Columbian in the 1970s.

Personally, I always liked the Thai Stick best, but I remember the Columbian being the tastiest and having a nice dreamy quality to the high. Variety is the spice of life.

You have made me ache for that Punto Rojo. I love the colors in it. I wish more people today in the U.S. could have a chance to try those old school strains. I loved pure indica when I first tried it, but I'm very discouraged that indica dominant is almost all I can find locally now.

All the Best.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oil is the way to go with this last sample; it’s 100 times better than the raw bud. The taste and effect are so much better making me really re think the quality of this low land tropical sativa. With the bud the taste and smell (burning) is stank Colombian musky, earthy, I really don’t know how to describe it but it’s typical of Colombian cannabis. Don’t get me wrong I love this unique exotic flavor but the ISO sweetens it and brings an almost incense like factor to like that is super tasty. And the effect is cleaner with increasing euphoria (to the point of laughter in large doses). It’s really delightful stuff all around now but still kind of sleepy at the finish. I had a great experience with it the other night when my mother in law kept the kids overnight (first time since we’ve been here) and I was alone with the wife. My wife and I rarely have time alone (and that’s not entirely a bad thing) with our work and the kids. But this evening we were alone and in very good sprites, my wife had just passed a teaching test so we were kind of celebrating. I had just collected some amber QWISO (made with low land sativa buds) and thought now I could relax and enjoy a large dose with no interruptions and this I did. Burning maybe 10 hits “more” than I know it takes to get off. Maria my very beautiful Colombian wife doesn’t smoke anything and has only gotten high twice in her life (edibles) but she smelled the QWISO I was burning and said it smells nice. So I lit a good bit of it and told her to smell the smoke which she did getting good sized nose hit resulting in a few minutes of coughing. To my surprise she didn’t get pissed about taking a hit but she said she felt nothing. However in like 15 minutes she was calling me from the bedroom wanting to talk to me. I think nothing of this because although extremely beautiful for the past 6 years she has never been romantically inclined. So I was somewhat shocked when I walked in the room and found her wearing a very sexy night gown (never even saw it before) requesting my manly presence. Needless to say the encounter was super intense; she was obviously very high as was I. Later came the munchies and my little petite wife chowed down like a horse, eating foods she would never otherwise touch. After eating to the point of feeling sick, I smoked another large dose of the oil. I offered the wife another “smell” but she declined saying she wanted only to return to bed. Not much sleep that night but both of us woke up feeling very refreshed and alert. The kids came home to find very happy parents and suggested to repeat the overnight visits to grammas house. I agreed and my wife gave me a look I haven’t in years. Yeah I picked up 50 more grams today and making QWISO now for the weekend!

Peace from Colombia!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I"m in love with the oil

I"m in love with the oil

:biggrin: Thanks for share your experience bro:tiphat:!!
Thank you very much, I had to keep the story "G" rated but I'm sure everyone gets the idea. The weekend was great and I still can't get enough of the oil made from this bud that I thought was foul. My Colombian contact said there was some really good "punto rojo" around, I told him to get as much of it as he could but I wanted a small sample first. So I will keep ya posted.

Peace from Colombia!