What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how to make hash butter

I need to make some cannabis butter, But all i have is some bubble hash, can some one tell me how many grams of hash i should use for a pound of buttter It cant be way to strong nor too weak . It is for a patient that eats 1 cannabis cookie( normal strength) per night on a regular basis but she never smokes up.

also how does one dissolve the hash in butter, i dont want the hash to be chunky in the cookies. Thank you for any tips and advise.It will be a huge help for this patient,because this person is in extreem pain, no cartilage in all her joints,bone on bone very painfull and the cookies allow her to not suffer as much for sure, its a huge help.

I just have to make sure its not too strong

thanks again

Faint

I

Iron_Lion

Melt butter over low heat, then add the bubble hash and stir until it is thoroughly dissolved and evenly distributed thru the butter. It only takes a few minutes as fat breaks down the hash very quickly back to individual trichomes. Remove from heat and place in the fridge to solidify.

How much is the tough part, it really depends on the quality and potency of the hash. The individual tolerance may also come in to play.

I have used .3 gram per stick of butter and have been straight tripping off of one cookie and I have used .3 gram per 1 stick of butter and had to eat 2-3 cookies to get to where I needed to be.

If you're using a good grade of hash and the person has fairly high tolerance I would probably start at .5 gram per one stick of butter and go from there.

faintfuzzies, i had a difficult time getting a homogeneous solution (which is necessary for dosing) using bubble, unless you first dissolve it in ethanol, then cook the ethanol out in the melted butter/cannabinoid solution, thus infusing it into the butter.

i would start with the amount of butter in the recipe along with the number of cookies the recipe is supposed to make. (tip: get a small ice cream scoop so each cookie is the same size.)

yes, iron lion is correct on dosing being difficult. each must titrate to their own dose. you might begin with weighing 1 mg for an average light weight dose or maybe go even lighter. better error on the side of caution.

add the number of cookies per batch times the amount of hash per dose to the ethanol and heat until the hash is dissolved. filter for best flavor.

add the ethanol to the melted clarified butter (remove all white foam from surface and white liquid from under melted butter). removing the water based material will minimize sputtering of hot butter. heat to 160 degrees to allow the ethanol to cook out. allow the butter to solidify while cooling to room temperature.

make cookies as per recipe.

The hash is great stuff, the patient is a light weight and never smokes at all and she is use too cookies tht were made with trim not hash , so i really dont want her to over do it and start tripping out . thats not fun or helpful. I will use maybe 1gm of bubble hash for a lb of butter and see where that takes me then i know how it will affect her I rathe rit be too weak rather than too powerful. she needs this for bone on bone pain and sleep rather than getting stoned.

Thanks both of you for the tips