Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Collecting and research...

Thread Title Search
Collecting and research... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2011, 06:00 PM #21
PondeLftHndSide
Safety Coordinator

PondeLftHndSide is just really nicePondeLftHndSide is just really nicePondeLftHndSide is just really nicePondeLftHndSide is just really nicePondeLftHndSide is just really nicePondeLftHndSide is just really nicePondeLftHndSide is just really nicePondeLftHndSide is just really nicePondeLftHndSide is just really nicePondeLftHndSide is just really nicePondeLftHndSide is just really nice
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Chimera again.
Fucking A... I really dig your style, Chi. Having reliably had my 3rd eye blasted clean open by all of the African hybrids I've been fortunate enough to grow thus far, the prospect of you directly sourcing new parent stock from the region seriously makes my day, man. I hope you find what you're looking for. Plus, that project you're working on sounds EPIC! The finest hashish the world has literally ever seen may very well be on the hoof as we type.

I have a theory, and it is probably completely unprovable, but I feel that the line that spawned the Congo #3 was selected for generations in its homeland for its usefulness in music. While it was at least present in all the phenos that I grew out, certain phenotypes of Deep Congo had a strong rhythmic/energetic effect on the smoker that was completely unique and absolutely undeniable. The sounds of the street, of life would start to take on rhythm and form music in your head. People would spontaneously get out of their chairs and begin dancing to that music in their heads - and this was not a rare thing, it happened every time the extinct dCon-A pheno got passed around. Non-musicians would out of nowhere just start clapping and singing and making up songs together. And as a musician, many of the most electrifying group performances of my career happened after the whole ensemble shared a joint of dCon before hitting the stage.

This unique super-musical and communal energetic quality is the #1 thing that made the Deep Congo so special to me and everyone I shared it with, and if it expresses that strongly in the F1 progeny of one single female cutting (Congo #3), it may still exist in other lines on a continent where in one form or another rhythm, music and dance are such an integral part of culture and everyday life. I know you're in the northern part where mainly hashish strains are grown, but if you happen to sample any native African lines that cause your thoughts to travel in distinct overlapping circular patterns like a drum choir, or that suddenly make Gary Glitter's "Rock & Roll #2" sound like the most profound piece of music you ever heard... bring that shit home, man! LOL!

Stay safe, and may all your endeavors be met with success.

- Ponde

Last edited by PondeLftHndSide; 09-19-2011 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Whoa... 500th post!
PondeLftHndSide is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:17 PM #22
lost in a sea
Lifer

lost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Tom Hill and Cannacopia were kind enough to donate some of their products to be grown along side some of my hybrids, to the tune of some 4500 seeds in total.... some 3-4 tons for solely for hashish production.

I can't wait to show you the pure Deep Chunk, X18, GFxBB, MF, RKSxDC, Deep Chunkolate and Chunky cheese (among others) grown under intense north African sun, All fed with a drip irragation system and spanish nutrients daily.. certainly something very very seldom seen in the area, if not non-exitant.

-Chimera
i dont think he's growing african strains,, i love african genetics..

lost in a sea is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2011, 02:04 AM #23
OPT
On a long strange trip.....

OPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the roughOPT is a jewel in the rough
That RKSxDC is impressive imho, I think you will agree. Have a safe trip.

OPT
OPT is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2011, 03:48 AM #24
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to all
Those will be great pictures to see, my guess is that the males will be pulled as well? If so, is that common practice for seirous farmers or just too labour intensive to justify for them? Any chance you have something from Senegal, I hear they have intense hashish varieties there.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:42 PM #25
MOneYMiKe
#2 Top Dawg Seeds/Genetics

MOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant future
cool mang.....good luck on your travels Chimera

Old 09-20-2011, 07:32 PM #26
Green 4 Good
Livin' the HI life

Green 4 Good has a spectacular aura aboutGreen 4 Good has a spectacular aura aboutGreen 4 Good has a spectacular aura aboutGreen 4 Good has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
.... some 3-4 tons for solely for hashish production.

mmmmmmmm......hash
Green 4 Good is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2011, 10:07 PM #27
bloyd

bloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nice
forget the deep chunk. Let's see some haze and highland mex under the african sun!!
bloyd is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:46 PM #28
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
Hey all,

bloyd the Deep Chunk were absolute baseball bats under the moroccan sun... you would not want to get beaten with a few DC colas let me tell you!

I just got back, about 2000 photos of great plants to sort through but I will be posting some drool shots for you over the coming days.

It looks like I have arranged for one of the best (most ethical IMO) coffee shops to enter the Mental Floss hash in this years cup.... so all of you who are over there during cup time will have an opportunity to taste this Moroccan hash of legendary quality.

Thanks for all the well wishes folks... had my obligatory 'hand of Fatma' travel charm to keep me safe during my time in Morrocco, and managed to get out unscathed.

Photos on their way.... hold on to your hats folks this will blow your collective minds. Next year, we do double!

-Chimera

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:27 PM #29
s13sr20det
admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.

Location: Paddling my boat up the dum dum river, planting shitapple trees
s13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud of

glad everything went smoothly. cant wait to see the photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest 88950 View Post
you 1st need to get results before "Kickin' it up a notch"........example: if your 1st plants die from ph off, then not killing the next plant would be "Kickin' it up a notch"
s13sr20det is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2011, 10:30 PM #30
Karmic Farmer

Karmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really niceKarmic Farmer is just really nice
That's great to hear, sounds like you and all the strains had an amazing time under that magical African sun. Cant wait for those drool shots !!!
Good luck on your Mental Floss hash cup entry, you and your work deserve it for sure .

Peace,
KF