What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Microwaving Cannabutter - quickest, easiest method

w3techie

How to remove the plant taste

How to remove the plant taste

The reason I don't filter it, is because the weed will soak up a lot of the butter. Use a ratio of 1:1 (cannabis : butter)... If you are concerned about the taste, as am I.. find a strong dish to mix it into like lasagna or chili... I explained all this already in the first post

You can also filter the weed first with a screen strainer for tea cups, and then flush it several times with the same hot water or tea till you mix it again with the oil or butter.

You could put the weed into empty gel capsule if you can't stand the taste, but beware you make sure to alkalize your stomach. Perhaps, drink some a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in warm water to reduce the acidity, so you don't get an upset tummy. Eating weed sometimes makes my stomach turn, but so does too much coffee.

I always filter mine last with a small permanent mesh coffee filter. The tea I use to flush the weed I make with potency according to how much I want to dilute the mixture. If I want to make six mugs of tea out of the oil or butter, I use six tea bags and one mug (2 cups) of water.

At the end I chase the process by popping the mesh coffee screen into the coffeemaker and making a small pot of decaf or regular, depending if I want to boost my energy again.

I use a mixture of extra virgin olive oil and refined tasteless coconut oil. If you are adamant about removing the plant matter taste completely. You would have to use a process for clarification.

With coconut oil this is easy, because it solidifies again. If you simply put it in a shallow flat dish or container of some kind, the plant matter will settle to the bottom.

You can scrape this greener surface from the coconut oil when it is harder again, and repeat the process as much as necessary. It is more efficient to do this with a batch rather than a small amount of herb, because you end up with some scraps. These can be recycled or put into gel capsules, if you prefer.

I would try using a lower power setting and shorter periods of time to decarboxylate before adding it to your mixture. Just make sure to insulate your herb. Put it inside a container concealed from direct exposure.