What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6k Medical Grow Coco (Multi Strain Perpetual)

S

Silky Johnson

Yeah im just going to switch over to Advance's SeniCal... They have specific for veg and bloom, 3-0-0 product, unlike the Botanicare 2-0-0 which is for both veg and bloom. A friend says he uses 8ml/G and has ZERO problems with any deficiency. I just think the 50/50 would be a hassle since the tap water here is close to poisonous.

Tokesome

Cool mate, seems like you have it sorted. Just letting you know my experience so if you get some issues you may be aware of what might be happening. I can assure you that if you have your Cal and Mg too high in coco, it will end with serious issues.

What size final pots are you going to use, and with how many transplants on the way to it?

Cheers, Toke

S

Silky Johnson

Whats up Toke! I think im going to put them in 8 or 12L pots when in bloom. Im really not sure of the size, I have to talk to the guy im getting them from. I just have these small ones right now that im using in veg. Im just going to transplant twice, once to veg and once to bloom. Are you using Canna Coco? In other coco you will have more problems with CalMag defs. Canna has some CalMag in it, but just enough so you don't have to soak it. But it doesnt have enough so you can get buy not using it. Youre right if I over do it on CalMag I can run into some serious issues. Thanks for the help

S

Silky Johnson

Thanks for checking my grow out Boroboro! I dont mind the run off at all, as long as i know the plants are getting enough.
Toke, Im not really paying attention to the EC... Call me crazy but as long as I keep to this recipe and not over do it I should be fine. EC measurements can be over rated at times but I can see the use in it. I should be paying attention to them since this is my first crack at coco. I feed for 3 days and give a nice flush on the 4th and repeat the process. Some people like a 2 day flush, but I just give them 2x the amout of h2o i would if i was feeding them. How do you flush?

Tokesome

Aye with the flushing that should be cool if you have a good recipe to start with mate.

Yes I use Canna coco, though there are others on the market that are pre treated aswell.

I flush once a week and put about 8-10 ltrs thru 12 & 14ltr pots, I pour it straight in as fast as the pots will take it without overflowing at the top, to allow for maximum flow/flushing through. Then follow up soon after, once they`ve finished running off and then stood for a couple of hours, I give them a feed til they`ve had a good run off. Dunno if that`s the best way mind, its just the way I do it. ;-)

I ought to add that when I had issues with the calmag I wasn`t flushing, just keeping ec to a max ec1.2 and good run off every feed.

Cheers Toke

S

Silky Johnson

Here are a couple of photos I managed to remember to take while I was in there today. They are looking good im already starting to get roots coming out of the bottom of the pots! They're loving these air pots!

Tokesome

Hey dude, hows it going with the air pots, are the plants big enough to figure out how frequent the feeds are going to have to be.

I`ve got myself a set of different sizes to try on a plant in my next grow.

Cheeres, Toke:)

NchronicPain

We use CannaCoco.... Lookin into these air pots...

IMHO bro....no need to water daily. We don't. Our plants are super healthy. I'll get some pics.

S

Silky Johnson

Whats up Toke yeah I feed them every day with the 4th day just water. They are still in the smaller air pots but im going to transplant them into the bigger one hopefully tomorrow or the next day. They are really taking to the air pots. They are at about a 3 week veg before I flipped them.
NchronicPain yo, yeah I could assume they could go 48hrs without water in a later stage of growth but as babies and in smaller pots its good to feed every day Im finding out IMO.

Tokesome

Whats up Toke yeah I feed them every day with the 4th day just water. They are still in the smaller air pots but im going to transplant them into the bigger one hopefully tomorrow or the next day. They are really taking to the air pots. They are at about a 3 week veg before I flipped them.
NchronicPain yo, yeah I could assume they could go 48hrs without water in a later stage of growth but as babies and in smaller pots its good to feed every day Im finding out IMO.

I think they could take a lot more feed when mature and thirsty mate, I`d imagine the outer edge could dry out pretty quick with all the holes, but this is where you`ll want it kept moist to keep fresh roots coming to the holes, what do you think?

Flush with just water every 4 days, that`s an interesting method of applying the flush. Are you going to be in a recirculating.

I wonder if you`d pop along to this thread I`ve started about feed regimes and Air-pots, I think it`ll be of use and interest to all users and prospective users of them. Any other users reading this, please pop in here too, thanks.:thank you:

The link is here:- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3888392#post3888392

Cheers, Toke ;)

S

Silky Johnson

Yeah I agree on the holes drying out quickly. Im seeing more roots st the bottom where its staying more moist, Im thinking of trying a drip system on the next table and see how that works. On the flush thing im just giving them straight RO water on the fourth day, not really a flush but something different.

S

Silky Johnson

The tables are very simple. Just 2 saw horses from Home Depot with a 42'X42' plywood on top screwed in, but I think I went a little big on the 42'X42' so next ones 36'
I just picked up some new Hindu Kush to go on the next table. Im going to top them one more time and treat them for bugs before I add them in the room. It'll be a few days before they go in, so till than Ill throw some pics up...

S

Silky Johnson

Gave them a feeding of:
Canna A&B 5ml
H&G Roots Excelurator 1ml
Sensi Cal 8ml
and Great White

Plus I have a seed of Afgani and a seed of O Gizzle Im trying to grow, if they pop Ill let you know :tiphat:

S

Silky Johnson

Yes they are but the AirPots are not in yet where I get them from so I have to wait till then.

Latest posts

Latest posts