What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6k Medical Grow Coco (Multi Strain Perpetual)

S

Silky Johnson

Hello thanks for stopping by and checking out my current room. I will be growing in all coco and hand watering each plant. What makes this interesting to me is that I will be using Air Pots. They are pretty new here in the US and only know one other person using them. I really havent read a thread all about Air Pots and Coco. Which I think Coco should be grown in. If youre interested in what Air Pots are and what theyre about, check out this thread. My room currently goes like this....
16x14 roomd
A/C
6 1000 watt lights
Co2 Generator 1000-1250ppm
Scrubber
FANS
Canna Coco+Perlite 2:1 ratio
Air Pots
Canna A&B
Advanced Nute line additives

I will be hand watering each plant once daily with about 30% run off. Keeping the ph at 5.8 no higher no lower. I picked up my first batch of clones, Tahoe OG Kush which are still in veg for a couple more weeks. Im planning top them 2 more times before I throw them into the room. Ill will be getting some more clones of some sort when I decide on the strain. This will be a multi-strain grow, so each tray will hold a different strain. I should be getting a camera here soon to give you some updates

brettweir

Sounds like a nice setup man! Hand-watering all those pots might take some time but it's a labour of love, after all!

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for sure. I think you'll be getting some amazing results :)

S

Silky Johnson

Yeah its going to a lot of watering but I have help. I was running bio buckets off of a 50gal rez but it took me away from the plants. I want to be more hands on, and be in my garden every day for an hour or two. I just transplanted the clones into the smaller air pots and gave them a feeding of A&B and root accel. Tomorrow I should be getting a camera to put some pictures up and I will be topping them for the first time.

S

Silky Johnson

Ok here on some quick snap shots of the room. I have these babies on a 18/6 in my flowering room since i have nothing in there yet besides this first batch. As you can see in the pictures all 6 of the lights. I will soon have trays under each one, but as of right now I have 2 tables setup right now but only one tray. Ill keep you updated from here. I'm thinking another 14 days or so with another topping before 12/12. Throw some input or ask questions. This is my first grow in coco so i might be the one asking most questions and input. Thanks

S

Silky Johnson

I hit with some neem oil for the first time. They really don't have that shine yet! Ill continue to hit them with neem once or twice a week until the 1 or 2 week into flowering. I make sure i get the entire plant. Ive been thinking of just dunking the plant but spraying it works for right now. I hate all bugs good or bad! The neem seems to help prevent most of them. I added some Calmag their food for the first time.
5ml/Gal
A&B Canna coco
Root Excelurator
and Calmag.......
I think I gave them a little too much root like 5x what they need so tomorrow ill bang them out with just RO. Should be too bad I hope.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
I c no pictures bro... also wondering on your a/c do you need the 28k btu or is it alittle over kill?

also wondering how you maintain negetive air pressure with a sealed room and a window unit? a/c...

wouldnt that give you positive pressure making your room smell escape

o and btw as for air pots i own over 500$ worth of them.. they are by far the best pot on the market.

S

Silky Johnson

Here maybe this will work? I'm still trying to figure this out... Yeah Im in the Pos when it comes to the room pressure, I'm working on a way to fix that. Thinking of just pushing it outside but then I might as well make in an open loop and scrap the A/C? And I would be wasting Co2 too. The way Im dealing with it is that I put another scrubber In other other room to help with the escaped smell.
Im pretty pumped on these AirPots I cant wait to see them in action first hand.

Tokesome

o and btw as for air pots i own over 500$ worth of them.. they are by far the best pot on the market.

Do you find a difference in feed requirements from plants in normal pots to those in air-pots?

I`ve heard they can dry out pretty quickly, do you feed more frequently? I`m going to try a couple of these pots in my next grow and wondered if I can get away with having them on the same feed regime as other plants which will be in standard pots. 15ltr is the size I`m going to try.

Thanks, Toke:)

I feed them once a day with Canna Nutes. I let about 30% + run off on each one before I move on the next. I havent had any problems with them drying out, but I also add perlite a 3:1 coco/perlite so it doesnt dry out too fast.

S

Silky Johnson

Toke:
It depends what you are using as your medium. Soil I assume you don't have to water it every day but Im going coco and I water everyday. I guess it just up to you how many times you you really want to feed it. I haven't had any issues of the coco drying up, and I also add perlite to mine to keep it from drying up. Shit works good what can I say. Thanks for checking it out and can you see any of the pictures I put up? I had trouble putting them up because I can see them on the thread but some cant? Thanks

Tokesome

Thanks murderer, you using air-pots too??

Silky, yeah man the pics are there, but small and have to click on them to open them in a separate window. Take a look at my thread, I post them bigger on the page. I upload my pics to Photobucket and copy and paste the image code. I can give you more details if ya need them.

I`ll drop in later mate gota dash

Toke

S

Silky Johnson

Yeah if you could explain or if there's a thread out there on it that would be good! Nice thread you got going, how long have you been growing on coco for. This is my first run so I really cant say too much on having the pots dry out,t but as far as I can tell now I dont think I will be having any problems with it. The worst part is adjusting the ph in 5 gal buckets to feed. Takes forever, any tips?

Tokesome

Yeah if you could explain or if there's a thread out there on it that would be good! Nice thread you got going, how long have you been growing on coco for. This is my first run so I really cant say too much on having the pots dry out,t but as far as I can tell now I dont think I will be having any problems with it. The worst part is adjusting the ph in 5 gal buckets to feed. Takes forever, any tips?

Thanks mate, try this, its very easy. Google Photobucket and open an account, its free. Upload pics to a album and make the album private, unless you want a load of inane comments from teenagers saying "Cor, wicked". Once they`re uploaded run your cursor over the desired pic, a tab drops down, right click on image code, and copy. Then its a simple matter of pasting the link where you want it in your thread. Hope that helps.

Ph`ing 5 gall bucket`s, why not get a larger res to mix in then fill your buckets from there. It`s better to let nutrients and ph settle for a while before you feed rather than mixing and pouring straight in. Would that do it, or have I misunderstood?

Cheers, Toke:)

S

Silky Johnson

Im just starting out w/ 5gal buckets because each feeding now doesn't even take 1/2 the bucket, so i save it and use it the next day. When i do feed i just fill up a bucket/s with RO water from the rez i have outside the room, then I add my base and additives, adjust ph to 5.8, let sit for 10-15 mins and come check/adjust ph till stays at 5.8 and feed. Just takes a little work getting that ph to 5.8 using concentrated ph down. Is that enough time to let everything sit before I feed or do you wait longer?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Do you find a difference in feed requirements from plants in normal pots to those in air-pots?

I`ve heard they can dry out pretty quickly, do you feed more frequently? I`m going to try a couple of these pots in my next grow and wondered if I can get away with having them on the same feed regime as other plants which will be in standard pots. 15ltr is the size I`m going to try.

Thanks, Toke:)

They deffinetly dry out alittle faster then regular pots meaning you do feed alittle more but they just rock....

Tokesome

Hey Silky, I`ve fed like that with no ill affects, but prefer it to sit for a day, but then .I`m using 50/50 tap/RO water so I need the chlorine to evaporate too. Does yer Ph stay at ph5.8 the next day?

Hey PoopyTB, thanks, you got any on show in a thread I can check out??

Cheers, Toke