What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KFB but on a smaller scale?

poopypants

Been reading a lot about this for a while know, and i think i finally understand whats going on, but having a 5k room is just not feesable, 2k mabye. But my question, can this method be used for something other than tree growing, say something like a scrog or a vertical scrog?

that doesnt even make sense.

How would you use a "Bucket" system with a SCrog?

Keep reading - the KBS "System" is about providing a STRESS FREE environment for your kids - not JUST the vertical lighting or JUST the bucket system - but all encompassing - the chicken wire on roof - the chiller for temps - the lava rock - whatever - it is ALL TOGETHER part of the SYSTEM - not just one piece.

To answer a question that doesnt even make sense - NO.

My suggestion to you if you are really interested - READ MORE - there is ALREADY someone doing a KBS type system with 2K.

Good Luck - Hope it Helped

SYK

BigTreez

u could probally do ok if u had like lets say 4.5 square ft per plant and you had like all 600 watters..... thats 3000 watts...pluss u got to have a util room for ballast and a place for a remote active res and a passive res......and like at least 6 ft sidewalls on your ceiling...i think this would be the smallest you could get away with and still set up everything stress free and produce alot....but if you where not aiming for a outstanding yeild...then i dont see why you couldent just downscale the system and use vert lighting...sure you wong get as much...and you would have to be good with the light positioning to grow them in the space u got...and you would probally need to flip them a bit earlyer.....but it still seems more efficent even downscaled then most systems.......

Last edited:
G

FS's 2 bucket, 3 light KBS room thread is in this same Hydro forum

He's scaling it down due to necessity and space limitations.

Personaly, I think given all I've read alot about the KBS you could use any part or all or just about any variation. To me it's about the concept and process of providing a stress free inviroment for your plants. Size and scale of the setup are relative.

If you full on maximun production for comercial purposes, follow it to a t. But if your just looking to implement a smaller system that incorporated the benefits of the buckets, rez circulation, chicken wire support from the cieling etc...

It's not 5k and 17 pounds output or nothing. I love the systems set up and concept, but again it's just another successful way to grow that can be adapted to any number of space requirements.

At least that's my opinion

Texas Kid

krusty

how about this...

you psot eyr enviroment..as in the dimensions of what you have to work with..and i iwll sit down with yas here and try and figure out the best way to help you start growwing...

what bigtreees and syk said is true ....i fully agree with all they said....that you cant truely grow this method propperly with stress...and that you can grow this method with great results with only 3,000 watts

i try and push this system to guys who grow commerically...but it sounds as tho you might be looking at maybe personal and a few extra bags to give to yer buddies kinda thingy...

so even tho i dont like other systems as far as quality/yield i can help you set up a sweet little set up...

without buying into a bunch of shit....i can show yas how to make NFT macro systems with a few rubber maid containers if you wish:/

anyhoo

just post yer grow room dimensions and i iwll help yas out

peace

krusty

krusty

texas kid - on my way out i saw yer post...

and my opinion is much like yers..and i LOVE this...

"If you full on maximun production for comercial purposes, follow it to a t. But if your just looking to implement a smaller system that incorporated the benefits of the buckets, rez circulation, chicken wire support from the cieling etc..."

i fully agree....if you are limited in space then just try and use what you can form what we talk about...

biggest thing is to keep the roots FILMED and COOL (as in 68-72F)

there is other thigns liek co2 and what type of nutrients and humidity but these things we can control easily...but it s the ability to cool off roots and to FILM roots is what we aim for when we want the AAA large yield per watt type crops....

rockwool or DWC are NOT film techniques...this is caveman growwing as i state over and over...

but if you SCROG with aerotubes or any NFT type system it is better then ussing soil or ebb and flow type systems:p

peace

krusty

poopypants

ok,
let me see if i can make this clear and understandable to you guys.

I would use the system as it is, but sometimes two heads are not better than one. A friend needs(ed) some help with a bunch of shit, so i steped in and gave a hand. Currently there is something like a 20x6x8 room, with 2200 watts, and a clusterfuck of different systems. Soil, homemade active hydro containers, hydrofarms etc. I don't particually have to much experience with soiless mediums, but do with dirt, and my friend is one of those "hydro-only" peeps who only uses what he has, and thinks everything else doesnt work becouse he read a book written in 1978 about it, and it says dwc and nft are not valid systems. But at least he listened to me and purhased soem GH nutes after weeks of arguing. But he has not yet managed to pull anything more than 1/2per watt in the years he's been doing it, plus the numbers are just outragerous. Just waiting for whatever to finish, then it all needs to be taken down and re-set up properly. So space will be more more like a 20x15x10 room, if not a little bigger to work with.

The whole idea of tree growing or some sort of trained plant, to have less that are larger makes a lot of sense to me. But i just have a little different of an outlook on how to set it up. I know your system works, theres no questioning that, but i'm just a little sketched out about such a large electric bill.
In your system you have what one plant per light, but i was thinking having some sort of trellis set up vertically to grow the plant into say something like 2x2 or 3x3, and then having the light hang vertically and have four plants around each light

X X
L
X X

XXX
X X
XXX

some set up like that, it might also allow for a perpt. harvest.
but obviously the whole KFB system (buckets, res, fogger etc..) seems to increase overall growth and therefor yeild becouse you have such large babies. I'm just asking becouse i havent seen anyone else do it like that yet. And in order for something like this to get into place, i need to do a smaller scale test run to show my friend that it does indeed work and is a more ideal way of doing things. I guess you don't know untill you try it, i'm just wondering what other ideas you guys have to set something up and doing it right.
Thanks

*edit*yea it is more a personally stash right now, but he has always tried to do something on a larger scale, but the wrong way with waaay to much risk involved. but also profit margin is much greater south of the border, i know people paying out the ass for top quality, and there getting large amounts of it as well. I quess you can thank the dutch peeps and there ops in new amsterdam, i mean new york city and the outrageous markets they created across the who eastern seaboard. :) So it doesnt need to be as large of a scale as it would be elsewhere becouse of the current market

Last edited:

innerSanctum

Hey poopy, know what you mean about the 2 heads not bein better. Sometimes my one head takes over and distracts me from more important things.

What kind of trellace are you referring too?
I think the vertical lighting eliminates the need for scrog by bringing up the lower branches allowing the light to penetrate.

Sounds like you'll have the space. Just go for it dude.

Peace
iS

krusty

too funny....

so poppy how much would you give me a lb if i showed up at yer house with 100??

lmao

shit here weed is selling for $1500 a lb....and going lower..andthat is the AAA grade stuff...oh...in us dolalrs that is about $1000 er lb

i aint sure what to tell yas ...innder sanctum is right...becuase fo the light placement you dont need anything....i guess in a way we sorta scrgo our plants when we tie up all the branches....not sure what to call tie'n up branches...but it is to hold up the buds cause they will letarally fall over and die n shit

anyhoo...i am with innersanctum...you got lotsa space...go for it:p

bring yer buddy ot this thread and show him some pix:)

peace

krusty

poopypants

i'm with you guys as well, space was never really an issue,
and its making more and more sense to me the more i think about it, and the more of these threads i read. I've been explaing and showing my buddy this shit for the past three months know, but the motherfucker is just so burnt i find myself repeating myself endlessly. I'll tell him what we have to do and he doesnt seem to understand it, then magicaly a day later he's like yea that makes a lot more sense.

What i would pay for herb, and what others pay might be a few different things. I'm not to up the market right now, but recently L's of beasters (indoor merch from up north) is ~2500. Outdoor kind is roughly the same price, but the canadian outdoors is a little cheaper. Decent Nug which was what you used to find all the time a few years ago before the market was flooded with beasters is 3500-4000. Top grade, brand-name herbs are going for outragerous amnts if your lucky you can pick one up for 4500 but i've seen people paying upwards to 7k. Resale is just rediculious with zips going for 450-600 if not more. Out-fucking-rageous if you ask me. Show up at my door with 100 and we'll talk :D

With the political climate the way it is, everyone should be jumping on this while they still can, before it gets more lax and more prevailant down here.

I hear ya about tying up the buds, i've got a few huge mothers that budding right now, and you need support from the ceiling to hold them mothers up. The scrog or trelis idea in my mind seems to give even more light intensity to the area, as you can surround the light with more veg matter, sort of like how those rip-off vertical gardens that they sell in the shops are set up but rocking only four plants too a light instead of 160. I'll try to make some pictures to explain what i am talking about.

poopypants

here are some pics, excuse the art skills

Now the first one is what i conceptualize the system to be as intended.
1024krs1.jpg

the second is what i envision with the trellis/scrog what ever its going to be

1024krs2.jpg

the third is how i would set it up, with what i did above as in realation to the cage system, but with one plant per side as opposed to how ever many would be in the same space in the tubes

1024krs3.jpg

does this make any sense?

krusty

on paper what yer saying makes sense..but yer forgetting alot here...

when the plants grow in buckets they dont grow flat as yer trying to point out..they wont gow a shit laod on one face and nothing anywhere else...if you keep the walls painted with ultra flat white paint (or whatever your little heart desires as far as reflection) but ya then you iwll end up with a shit load more buds from the reflective light too..

sorry but myself i think you would be better off tie'n up the buds and simply utilizing the ligth to its fullest...trying to make a screen will limit the plant:/

but hey...yas might proove me wrong...but i doubt it:p

peace

krusty

Latest posts

Latest posts