What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

###1200w 3x6 E&F Smart Pot Grow###

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
hahaha I know right finally climed into a tent I can walk around in with my table in it! Kinda crowded but I can still do it if needed.. I took pics when I did my first flood of the tray so I'll post those soon..

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I didn't buy a stand for my table and I'm having problems getting it level which I didn't need with the drip system I needed it angled for all the nutes to drain back to the res. Right now the left side of the table is getting deeper than the right not too bad but off by 2inches it's 4in on the left and 2in on the right. It's flooding deep enough so my plants are being fully watered but I want it perfect I'll have to post pics. One end of my table rests on a rubbermaid container and the other end is hangin over my res..

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Let The Games Begin!!!

Let The Games Begin!!!

I'm all setup and got my table flooding on a timer woooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!! Stay tuned the show has started folks....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• The Setup 014.jpg
    The Setup 014.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 7
  • The Setup 015.jpg
    The Setup 015.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 9
J

jasondanzig

so why did you go with the smart pots this run vs the air pots? i know you cant flood and drain the airpots, or so iv read, but you could have set those up on a drip system. just curious. looks fucking tits, gonna be a lot easier than hand watering. good luck

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks it's all purps and 2 blueberry's! I'm so excited to have a good harvest of "quality" smoke cuz my last 2 runs were not up to my expectations and I blame it on the heat upstairs and a ph drop test kit. Every lil point matters in hydroponics and the filtered water has made a HUGE difference....

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well I went with the Smart Pots cuz I wanted the option to do flood and drain and they were much easier to top flush than Air Pots IMO.. I was going to do a drip system till I bought all the shit and didn't have a drill to make holes in my irrigation lines and it looked like WAY more shit to go wrong on me. Plus flood and drain is probably the best way to water pushing all the gasses in the medium up through the top and then when it drains in sucks in fresh oxygen to the roots. My best CFL plants were done with me dunking my containers doin manual flood and drain so I'm STOKED to have it automated. For those wondering right now my veg mix is as follows

7ml Aqua Flakes A&B
1ml Roots Excelurator
2.5ml Multi Zen

I'm seeing new growth on everything so can't wait to see some nice bushes soon! I know some may ask why am I using Multi Zen in veg well it's cuz I've noticed faster growth when using it at a lower dose in veg...

bobblehead

Veteran
Looking good Thundurkel! Quick question, sorry if I missed it, but what tent is that? I just bought a Homebox XXL. I'm pretty excited to get it set up and running, because my current space is very tight.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I went with a GrowLab GL120L and be sure NOT to spill water under the secondary floor cuz it will leak through the stitching!!! I found out the hard way trying to get my table level while it was flooding LOL idiot move I know!

Nicoli

Veteran
Sweet man! I like. I am looking into a GL145 myself.

I too, hope to shut down my CFL cab sooner than later!

Tagged

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks for the tips Thundurkel! Especially about the liner not necessarily being water proof.. lol I would have found out by accident if it wasn't for you! That Orca Film looks nice! Thanks again.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
No worries bro that's what this site is for, real cannabis grower's experience but you gotta take a average of those who know their shit lol... I ever get to do a whole room it's gonna be lined with that Orca Film for sure! 50% more light than mylar is just lovely that's A LOT of extra light to fatten lower branches and tops for that matter.

I'd like to update the grow and say I've got roots shooting out the sides of a few plants and they are nice and bright white and I have healthy new growth going on. Switched the lights up to 100% and I can tell it's kicked the plants into gear growing much faster than they did under my 400!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
2 weeks into veg for the girls on the outside and a week for the girls in the middle row! I'll be ready to flower in another 10 days or so!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Grow 3 2010 060.jpg
    Grow 3 2010 060.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 8

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
what up Thundurkel? Quick question regarding you electric setup.

I currently run 1 600w and want to purchase a second one. The only thing is, I DONT WANNA BURN MY HOUSE DOWN! lol

How do you have all this hooked up?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
You know I was worried about that too and had a homie that wanted to cut into the walls and give me another oven plug or some shit and I was like I'll try it out first... I had figured like this, CFL cab was 296w and then I had my tent with the 400 I figured shut those down and I cover my pump and 1 light and my exhaust fan. I also figured breakers would blow if my shit was too much and NOPE! All good over here! My system is a power strip plugged into the wall and a exstension cord plugged in to that for my lights timer and the pump is on the strip along with another exstension cord that's plugged into my ac axial fan. Oh yea I also have my intake a 4" Vortex plugged into the strip also.. Also still able to run tv , lights, ac, oven ect .. Good luck

bobblehead

Veteran
WOW... That's quite a load on that circuit... lol

I'm running 2 600w digital lumateks, a 440cfm fan, a 170cfm fan, a stanley blower, 3 circulating fans, and 1 CFL. That's everything I think... No problems yet.

Looking great Thundurkel.