What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

<-- noob! 1st grow -- 5 plants (Blue Dream, GDP, Choco) 1000w

wewter

hey all -- **update!**

Day 36 of flower and there's a lot to talk about!

Something's afoot in the garden, first of all. Too many fan leaves are looking stressed, and I'm not exactly sure what to diagnose them with. I've included pictures -- mostly it's the tops of the plants that seem to be the most stressed, so I'm wondering if this is a heat issue. Daytime temps do get into the 90s, simply because it's such a small closet and it's 1000 stinkin' watts. I keep that inline fan up, but I guess there's only so much heat that can be recycled out of the room /shrug. At the beginning of the grow, in order to get the inline fan working but not blasting, I hooked it up to a 2-prong light dimmer, connected through a 3-prong-to-2-prong converter lawl. The plugs together are like 5 inches sticking horizontally out from the power strip mounted on the wall.

But ya, take a look at the pictures and lemme know if you have any suggestions. The buds are still looking solid, as far as I can tell. I haven't yet gotten a high-res microscope to check out the trichomes, but I plan on doing that first thing next week to be able to diagnose harvest time. I changed the water out, cleaned the reservoir and remade the nutrient solution to spec, adding 36 ml (4 ml per gallon) of GH Grow in case the plants are hungry for a little more nitrogen. In the 9gallon reservoir there is 72 ml micro, 36 ml grow, and 144 ml bloom + ~15 tsps Koolbloom, and threw in ~2 tsps of Gravity (which is less than recommended) to see how they react. This whole grow is an experiment, so I'm chillin' if I don't max out on quantity. They are looking really nice, I just wish I lst, trained and pruned the suckas. Next time ...

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 11

wewter

oh yea, one more thing --

I've been spraying them with a neem spray, which i figure is the best bet for controlling mold, fungus, and insects and any other shit I don't want in there. I also have a neem concentrate solution though, which I suspect is added to the reservoir and then applied to the plant with normal watering. Is that the case? or is it always sprayed on. Either way, I'm a bit worried that some of the black spots could be fungus, so I've been giving them a spray once a day for the past couple days.

I donno what to do in this case ~_~ but i know one of you prolly does!

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 9
G

guest101

Hey man! Allmost there! :D Those black spots could be nute burn.
That leafy sativa with the bulky bud is looking cool hehe nice!
Good luck!!

You've harnessed the power of a sun in your lil bitty closet and it's cranking out some awesome buds! Awesome effort that looks like it will be well worth it.

HeD333

Not sure- but I have plants do this in late flowering, and still produce killer buds, don't get to pent up on it and cause yourself a real problem.

wewter

help!

help!

Day 44 and I don't know what is going on in the closet! At least with the GDP.... the others seem to be doing ok, with the exception of one of the buds on the chocolate chunk (which i pictured in the previous update .. the one with the burned fringes by the buds).

Well .. the gdps are not looking good. I don't know if it's because they are smaller, if the water schedule has been too erratic for them, or if they just can't handle the heat of the sun beating mercilessly down on them, but they've seen better days. I'll let those pictures speak for themselves, and their condition is my question to you.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 7

wewter

wtf is that brown shit?! overnutes? undernutes? sheeit i could really use a ppm meter about now

any ideas/help/commentary is appreciated

also wondering if I should be starting to dilute the nutrient solution as it's in the 7th week for a supposed 8-week harvest and flushing the plants, but i'm more worried about downtown brown for now

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 7
G

guest101

By looking at the non burned leafs they seem to have been at some stage heavely
overfertilized. All that now can be due to other unbalances acting at the same time.
The plant seems to be at her final stage... A flush would do no harm (on the contrary),
but it wont fix it. Youll harvest "good" bud anyway. Beware rottening little leafs in the
middle of flowers.
Good luck!

wewter

well, things to keep in mind for next time:

- wider space for plants, taller space for light(s)
- more regular watering schedule, using timer and drips preferably
- high-magnification USB microscope
- ec/ppm meter, more reliable ph meter, and possibly moisture meter as well

and maybe growing the same type of plant would help too with nutrient formulation and for comparisons. It's nice to see that the Blue Dreams are still lookin sexxxy tho. :)

I just flushed all of them with some very light sugar water. should i grab some molasses and start the flushing out process? how long is that supposed to last?

Latest posts

Latest posts