What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need some help putting together a co2 setup for my kfb system

BigTreez

Ok so my room temps are climing up to almost 100f!!!!!!!!!!!
And i got no co2 setup.....well actually i got a tank...and what i belive to be a regulator.Now i have no clue if i can use what i allready got...or if i got to buy all new stuff.I got the tank for free from my dad with the regulator on it...but its dual guage for some reason?Fuck i have no clue whats going on!Lol...some one please lead me in the right direction....i know i need a soelenoid timer and flowmeter......but will i be able to hook that stuff up to my setup?......do i even need all these guages?...And also my tank dosent say what size it is...anyone wana take a guess 4 me?...Btw my room is 10x10 with 8 ft peak and 6.5 sidewalls.......so if any of ya pros can lend me a hand...it would be greatlly appreciated....here is some pics of what i am working with.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

krusty

in the pictures you showed the tank is way too small for my like'n

as far as the solinoids you linked to i have no clue...would need to have one in my hand and figure out how you would plumb it into the system...

where about do you live?? like is there no welding supplies shop near you??/ or a hydroponic store near you??

i think the co2 bottle is ussually a $100 deposit

the flow meter/solinoid are ussually $70

and then the 30 minute timer is like $50

add some spegetti line/few t's and yer done:/

peace

krusty

BigTreez

hmm.......sorry to sound so lame ...but will this work..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45040&item=3807888184&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

its a VISI-FLOAT FLOWMETER

if so then all i need is the solenoid and some tubing...i think the regulator i have will work...least i hope it will.....

and 50 bux for a timer?holy shit thats way to much..thats what i paid for my t104 .....cant i just use one of those cheap 10 bux intermatic timers that to can adjust to do as many on off operations in a 24 hour cycle as u like?

and with this setup how do i know how much co2 is in my room...or what to set the regulators at and or timers?......seems like a blind chance things will go right with this setup........

what do you think about co2 generators....anyone know how much wattage they use and if they supply large grow rooms with enough co2 without spending more on propane than u would on co2?......

sorry if i sound crazy...but i guess u could say i am goin kinda crazy here trying to make sure i do this right...i cant fuck this up....so i just need to make sure i aint spendin money on sumthing that aint gona work 4 me...

Lex Dysic

im setting up co2 in new space right now....1/4" tubing on ceiling teed into 1/4" feedline hanging down over buckets...plugged at end with holes punched along length for co2 drip....

im not gonna use a ppm monitor or such for this first attempt...im gonna set regulator/solenoid on timer to sync with lights on....

planning on setting reg @ very low flow and constant drip...as trees grow the co2 will be dispersed right in center of greenery....i think i calculated ~.4cfh flowrate would get me ~2weeks on a 20# bottle in a 10k room....dont have numbers in front of me...
www.greenair.com has good co2 info...cant recommend any of their products though...i got my reg/solenoid from www.nehydro.com ...seems to be ok quality but the hose connections kinda weird...and very little hose with big room kit...
not sure what his definition of "big room" is :D

this was simplest/cheapest way to start with co2 imo....later on may try ppm regulation and all that...but too complicated and expensive for me right now....
hth
lex

BigTreez

lex!!! good to see u r still around!......finally got my setup going...not fully dialed....but its working....i still need a fogger res chiller and co2.....

btw thnx for the info and links...i will check them out for the solenoid and ppm info for my room.......i guess i will have a low flow rate........

.....btw...if my room is sealed.....should i keep the ppm above 500? .....see this is the problem...i dont want to have to vent at all...so i cannot skimp on the co2...i need to be able to have 2 tanks so one is running while the other is bing filled...and i need a tank thats not gona have to be refilled twice a week....one time a week is ok.....i prefer 1 time every 2 weeks....but i can live with once a week.......

wonder how long that tank i got in my pic will last me......use my foot to detrmine the size...i dunno it.....but my shoe is a size 9 ...lol

Greenja

thats a 20lb'er and the size I use. i bought two tanks and have both refilled same time to avoid freq/ trips to supply store. mine's a decently sealed room 1200 sq/ft and both lasts me 2wks...or a bottle per week to keep ppm's b/w 1100-1300.
the larger bottles are too heavy for one person to easily manage imo
greenja

BigTreez

right on greenja......thats good to hear!...so i just need to buy one more tank...and a injection system......hopefully i can configure a flowmeter ,solenoid to that regulator i have.....you think this would be wise...or should i just buy a complete setup from

http://www.nehydro.com/CO2.html

its like 124 bux...not to bad......

hmm.......wish i could fill both at same time...but then i would have to vent while i was refilling......guess thats not to bad of a compramise...all i got to do is pull a lever on my a/c to set it back to vent......

krusty

bigtrees - the type of timer i mentioned for 50 or so dollars is a 30 minute timer...

obviously i run it off a circuit off my sub panel box that is under control of my 24 hour timer...so that it only gives off co2 when lights on.....but this timer is a 30 minute timer...it has a cycle of 30 minutes and durring those 30 minutes it can turn on and off variable times....i like to set it so that the timer goes on for say 3 minutes every 10 minutes:p

myself i ussed to use a greenair monitor system....but after years of fucking arround i realize for 10 lights i like to go thru a tank a week...under ideal conditions maybe more like 2 bottles a week.....that would give me 1400 ppm of co2...

now even if i had only 6 lights i would still go with a tank a week simply cause its convient to have say 2 or 3 bottles and every 2 or 3 weeks i go to refill.....

so yeah i will admit i tend to be lazy with co2....

without the 30 minute timer to give them shots of co2 i tend to find trying to set the valves for a continious flow you end up with either not ussing enough or draining a full tank in 2 days...

again this is just form experience....

it depends on what yer aiming for...if your aiming to boost and you have a limit as to how many times you wish to drive arround picking up co2 then of course just set the valves so that you go thru the desired amounts...

but if you have a set PPM that your aiming for you will need a controller/monitor unit...mine cost me a few grande back in the day....but i am told now for 700 bucks you can get a nice unit:/

yikes...just noticed....a 20 lber tank?? wow that is small

i will take a picture of the ones we use...i am sure they are either 70 or 90 lbs...

also if yer roomed is selaed...yas gotta have co2...and i highly doubt a sealed room will have 500 ppm....i would guess more like under a 100 ppm once plant start to grow:/

peace

krust

Dollar

BT - Dont buy no CO2 reg for $124. Thats a bit pricey if you`re trying to save some cash. I built mine for about $50. In your other thread I recommended a ready to go CO2 reg at eBay. Just checked that auction and it sold for $56. That $56 reg was exactly the same one in your link here for a whole hellava lot less. The deals are out there, just go find em unless you`ve got cash to burn and dont give a crap. I spent lots of time buying the equipment for my Krusty setup almost 6 months getting bargains from eBay and finding equipment for cheap locally. I am huge into saving cash because I did`nt have much when I started this project. It`s a little different now with the cash situation but I still buy everything at a bargain. I managed to buy everything and I mean everything for my entire Krusty setup for less than $2,000. That includes all the electrical modifications I had to make to the fuse box, wiring the house and every little thing thats required for this project. Also using the growfaq at OG to make necessary equipment for next to nothing. That time and $2,000 was the best investment I`ve made. Your first crop considering all goes well, will pay for your investment and a few nice toys if done right. Its all gravy after that. I love to save money!!!!!

BigTreez

well the room is "sealed"...and all i have to do to make it vent is pull the lever on my a/c....then i can switch it to recirculate when i get co2 so it dont vent....my room is only 10 x 10 x 8 ft peek and 6.5 sidewalls ....you really think i am gona need that big of tanks if i just want to have it a constant 800-900 ppm?

Dollar

yeah man i keep getting outbid...lol......gona have to set the proxy bid little higher next time i guess....

I was hoping i could just buy one of those cheap dwyer flowmeters and a cheap solenoid from that link i posted......and slap somthing together...but i have no clue if what i got will work.......it came off a soda machine....

i think thats cool that you took the time to get deals on the shit....gives hope for all the people who cant afford this system....lol...hey off topic...what did u spend per 1000 watt ballast and bulbs......1000bulbs.com has some great deals.

yeah hopefully my first crop will be worth it...but i am doubting it...for the first 3 weeks 2 of the plants where getting light from my humifyer at night.......had to instances where the plants where not getting nutes.....and where baking in the hot radient head that where like 1 foot away........hmm what els did my dumb ass do ........asked a BUd for ph up and he gave me down...i used a little and checked it 3 days later(i only needed a little).....ph was at like 4.5...plants looked like they had a little nutient lockout and some of the leafs got burn marks on them..........they seem to have slowed down...but tey still look healthy and there is lots of new growth....but they look like little bushes.......guess its cuz i had the lights so close in...i moved them way back and way up 2 days ago to try to get them to strech.........its been about 3 weeks so far...i am hoping if i veg for 1 more month they will be ready to flip and hopefully by then they will be a decent size......

Dollar

Keep your head up BT! We all have made mistakes growing, every single one of us. Every one of us has had PH problems. Keep reading and learning from your ladys is the best advice I have. Your trees are gonna be fine as long as you show them that they are loved. Thats all the want!!!! Be as meticulous as you can about the PH, PPM, water temp, and air temp and all will turn out fantastic. Your plants will love you back with huge beautiful buds. They will amaze you and you`ll stare at them for hours. These plants will give you this if you treat them like any lady should be treated.

The CO2 reg. Hummmmm. The reg you show that has 2 gauges, I`d go with that and ace the other one. Go with a solenoid valve that is 120v and has 1/4 inch fittings. The flowmeter must be SCFH, preferably 0-10 SCFH or 0-5 SCFH depending on your room size. I cant tell from the pic on eBay what the SCFH is on that one in the link you provided but I`d want to be sure. Keep the questions coming and I`ll help when I can.

King

I've got a CO2 solenoid, I'm getting rid of. It's a Hydrofarm. Hopin I can get about $65 for it. I'm gonna go to generators. Propane is damn cheap. A 20lb bottle is like $20 filled. That's enough to last me a week and a half, and that's exhausting every hour, and refilling the room. Can't wait to see how long that lasts with a monitor. It's just a bigger investment off the bat. I'm just not to keen on someone seeing me carrying in CO2 tanks in my house. I'll feel much better carrying my tank of propane in as it has a few uses like my BBQ pit.

They do make a switch over valve for CO2 tanks, that you hook two up to, than when one is done, it switches to the full bottle.

Latest posts

Latest posts