What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana PPP Coco Scrog

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I thought I would go ahead and create a thread to document my PPP (Pure Power Plant) Freebie scrog. I had fully intended to give these to a local first time grower, but his wife made him back out at the last minute.

I had 3 perfect females that were 2 ft tall - So, I modified my 2x3 closet to create 2 levels and built a scrog for the PPP on the bottom level. I made a light board with 11 x 23 watt 2700k CFL with 1 bare 150 watt HPS in the center for a total of 403 true watts. I bring cool air from an adjacent closet at the bottom via an inline fan and exhaust at the top of the closet to the attic. A fan blows across the board to help distribute the heat. It stays between 71-74 degrees lights on and 65 lights off.

I am growing with pure Canna Coco and using a slightly modified version of Rez's GH recipe.

I popped 5 beans on 11/24/2009. Here they are after 10 days:

picture.php

Here are a couple of pics at 24 days from seed. They are amazingly uniform:

picture.php

picture.php

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 29 From Seed

Day 29 From Seed

Here is a group shot at 29 days from seed. They are just beginning to show sex now despite being under a 400 MH 24/0.

picture.php

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 34 From Seed

Day 34 From Seed

So my friend passed on the plants and I built my scrog screen and light (which at this point only has 12 x 23 watt CFL). All of the plants had shown sex and I got 4 out of 5 females!!!!! There were 3 large and 1 smaller plants. I transplanted to 2 gallon pots and used LST to tie down the plants and placed them under the scrog screen.

Here are a few pics:

picture.php

picture.php

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 15 Flowering

Day 15 Flowering

Here are a few pictures at day 15 flowering. I hit them with 1 tsp Kool Bloom blast (per Rez) the next day and they really starting packing on the flowers:

picture.php

picture.php

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 27 Flowering

Day 27 Flowering

Here is my last pic from a few days ago. I hit her with another 1 tsp Kool Bloom blast yesterday. These are taking everything that I can throw at them and not batting an eye. These are extremely vigorous plants!!!!

picture.php

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Well that brings us up to current. I will be posting here with new updates every few days.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

WFF

MoleMcHenry

Nice setup and grow diary. Can't wait to see how PPP look while flowering. Looks like you have everything dialed in!

OPT

Very nice looking PPP's! I too have a couple going under my 400 watt hps. And one of them that started out of the gates fast, look very very very similar to yours, check out the pic, it was around day 25ish as well, and showed her sex very fast like yours!

very interested to see how yours turn out, seeing as they are flowering sooner then mine! I'll be keepin an eye out, good job!

OPT

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hey Mole. Thanks for the props. I think that I have successfully made the transition to coco from hydro, in large part due to the wonderful knowledge base here at icmag.

OPT - Those pics do look like mine - healthy and vigorous!!! You should have great results. IMHO This was an absolute killer freebie from Bay/Boo and should motivate people to buy them outright.

More pics in a few days.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 32 Flowering

Day 32 Flowering

Hey Trinity. Thanks for sharing your PPP. I also COMPLETELY dig your sig. scripture. Keep spreading the word brother!!!

Here is a picture from today at Day 32 Flowering:

picture.php

Here is a group shot of closet (All documented in my sig.):

picture.php

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Dual Layer Closet

Dual Layer Closet

I got a few PMs about my dual layer closet setup. So I thought I would post some details here.

The bottom level is not sealed from the top level - there is about 6 inches on both the front and back that allow air to flow.

I bring in cool air from an adjacent closet by the inline fan on the bottom. A fan blows across the light board to distribute the heat from the bare bulbs.

The top level has a strong bathroom exhaust fan that runs 24/7. The hood has an inline fan that pulls additional heat from the main top light.

So, basically I am bring cool air into the bottom and pulling it up to the top. Bottom level stays 71-72 degrees and the top level stays 74-75 degrees.

Here is a diagram:

picture.php

WFF

Buddle

Veteran
Great diary WFF. I'm curious as to why the switch to coco? Not that theres anything wrong with coco.I have used coco the last couple yrs and want to try water farms or dwc.
thx BL

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hey Buddle. Thanks for stopping by.

I initially made the switch out of necessity as I was forced (wife) to downscale my grow from a 16 sq/ft with 1K to 6 sq/ft with 400. This reduced footprint would only allow 3-4 properly spaced waterfarms (not including all the separate rez and controllers).

I had been keeping mothers in a basic soil mixture for years, but there was a HUGE growth difference in my hydro and soil plants. After reading lots of hype here, I decided to give pure coco a shot. I feed the plants like I would in hydro, albeit at reduced ppm (6/9), and they just love it.

I would still say that my modified waterfarm system can crank out larger plants, but the coco is a BIG improvement over soil. IMHO coco is ideally suited for slightly lower wattage (400 or less) since the plants can stay a little smaller and get better penetration. If you have the space to run 600 watts or more, I would go with a bucket system and grow big f@#king buds.

I would also say that coco is easy to maintain, but it requires more constant work. It is nice not having to drain, mix and dump MANY 5 gallon buckets each week. I would say that the plants are using a little less amount of nutrients in full flower. I give an average of 3 gallon a day to 9 plants currently with no to 5-10% runoff. That is 21 gallons a week compared to 25-30 a week in my waterfarm setup.

Another huge benefit is being able to feed on different schedules. All my plants are at different flowering stages and get various nutrient mixtures. This obviously is much more complicated in effective hydro.

That is all I can think of now.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 38 Flowering

Day 38 Flowering

I gave the PPP girls thier final 1 tsp/gal KoolBloom powder blast, per Rez's recipe. They have been getting 6 ml GH Micro, 9 ml GH Bloom & some intermittent Technaflora additives (MagiCal, Thrive Alive, SugarDaddy) @ ph 6.

I am planning on letting them go 65-70 days. So, my remaining feeding schedule will be:

Day 40 - 56: 9 ml GH Bloom
Day 57 - 69: Flush (tap water @ 150 ppm)

They are getting really frosty and starting to put on some weight. More pics in a few days.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 47 Flowering

Day 47 Flowering

Here is a shot from today. I took more but they came out blurry. The plants are looking great and probably have 2 1/2 - 3 weeks left.

picture.php

WFF

Latest posts

Latest posts